Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Earnshaw coming back??

Can''t see it myself but EDP reporting that he has been saying at a hotel just outside Norwich for the last few days. I thought he was going to Forest?

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED29%20May%202008%2009%3A18%3A28%3A390

I reckon there could be something in this one (see todays edp).

Why would a player decline to comment if there was nothing in it, he would say "i''m here to see friends..." or whatever. So, i reckon that Earnshaw could be in talks over a return. Is this a good thing? I''m not convinced taking him back will definately work, but he''s a good player and as long as he doesnt jump ship after a season then by all means sign him up!

I''d certainly love to see him back as his goal scoring record was pretty impressive at this level.

Does beg the question, "is Cureton on his way out"? We couldn''t go with two midgets up front and would still have to get another big forward to play along side him

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

I''d certainly love to see him back as his goal scoring record was pretty impressive at this level.

Does beg the question, "is Cureton on his way out"? We couldn''t go with two midgets up front and would still have to get another big forward to play along side him

[/quote]

I think Curo would stay even if Earnie returned - merely because of our lack of strikers!

Would definately silence alot of people on here who bang on about the club being broke and close to Administration.

I think you could be right and if we did sign Earnie, Cureton would be sold to pay towards the 2 million transfer fee to bring earnie back. What is Cureton worth 400k?

[quote user="colneycanary"] What is Cureton worth 400k?[/quote]

Doubt it.

He''s not getting any younger, and he''s no longer the championships golden boot winner.

I still think he''d stay, rmemeber we only have him and Martin at the moment, so we need 2 new strikers at least, without selling.

[quote user="colneycanary"] What is Cureton worth 400k?[/quote]

Doubt it.

He''s not getting any younger, and he''s no longer the championships golden boot winner.

I still think he''d stay, rmemeber we only have him and Martin at the moment, so we need 2 new strikers at least, without selling.

What a mixed emotion that would create - but cant doubt it on a football level - also maybe hardly any money to pay if Derby still owe us from last transfer (unless it was paid in full at the time).

[quote user="RobertMack"]What a mixed emotion that would create - but cant doubt it on a football level - also maybe hardly any money to pay if Derby still owe us from last transfer (unless it was paid in full at the time).[/quote]

That''s what I was thinking, if they still owe us money then we could well be in for him.

Would love to see him back. He scores goals (lots of them) and goals win you games of football.

I did hear, but I stress this is only hear say and could be completly wrong, that as of the end of the season we still had yet to recieve a penny of the £3.5m we sold Earnshaw for.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="RobertMack"]What a mixed emotion that would create - but cant doubt it on a football level - also maybe hardly any money to pay if Derby still owe us from last transfer (unless it was paid in full at the time).[/quote]

That''s what I was thinking, if they still owe us money then we could well be in for him.

Would love to see him back. He scores goals (lots of them) and goals win you games of football.

[/quote]

Ah   Don''t forget it''s all been budgeted for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

[quote user="colneycanary"]Earnie would cost us 2.5million. That would be a huge dent in Roeder''s transfer kitty!![/quote]

Not neccesarily!

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Nasty but maybe I''ve missed something - whats been budgeted for?

Robert Earnshaw is a class act at this level - you can bet your bottom dollar he will get you 20 goals a season, and is exactly what we need. I would welcome him back whatever the cost tbh. He would win us games, as GJP said.

Please let it be true.

[quote user="RobertMack"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Derby still owe us then Doomnasty will have accounted for that revenue. It''s not like its "new" money.

If we got Earnie back by using what they owe us then I think Roeders cash buget would be adjusted accordingly.

If that makes sense.[8-)]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="RobertMack"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If Derby still owe us then Doomnasty will have accounted for that revenue. It''s not like its "new" money.

If we got Earnie back by using what they owe us then I think Roeders cash buget would be adjusted accordingly.

If that makes sense.[8-)]

[/quote]

Sort of - but then again i did fail my economics GCSE so not much point in too much detail. Thanks though.

There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@]

i think he may come back if we offer the money, he only left for prem football, and knows he wont get that, so us or forrest i think, but probley us if we can offer the 2.5 mill

[quote user="1st Wizard"]There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@][/quote]

Your club! Well bugger me - when did that happen? You are so far up your own a**e. I''d go so far to suggest that he is more loyal than you towards ''your'' club.

I was not to happy with him leaving, buts that football I''m afraid. Hardly anybody does loyal. Does that make the club un loyal if we sell, say Russell after 1 year? Probably, but we need players of his standard and everyone knows he will score. I love JC, but would feel more comfortable with Earnie in front of the goal than JC.

[quote user="RobertMack"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@][/quote]

Your club! Well bugger me - when did that happen? You are so far up your own a**e. I''d go so far to suggest that he is more loyal than you towards ''your'' club.

[/quote]

Idiot! you know damn well what I meant!.

Earnalot more loyal than me eh? at least I''ve never shafted MY club over money like he did..............oh, and grow up!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@][/quote]Let it go Wiz, life is too short.   Earnshaw is a class above Cureton, and he is younger.Yes he left, but who can blame him?   He joined a long list of players that clearly didnt want to play under Peter Grant.  

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="RobertMack"]

[/quote]

Idiot! you know damn well what I meant!.

Earnalot more loyal than me eh? at least I''ve never shafted MY club over money like he did..............oh, and grow up!.

[/quote]

Conversely, you''ve never scored a hatful of goals or made a transfer profit for your club[:D]