Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Doherty going to San Jose?

[quote user="colneycanary"]He might be just trying to get Roeder worried and offer him a better contract to stay![/quote]

Worried, I bet. Roeder has not slept for nights now with worry that the donkey may sign a new contract. 

Get him on the first flight to San Jose.

Yep, theres nothing much between him and Shackall, but i feel Sjhacks with the right partner is good, doherty is just clumsy and inspires no confidence. We certainly cant have that pair together next season, and Doherty leaving suits me down to the ground.

Do you reckon he''ll get the same publicity as Beckham....

Hypothetically speaking, would it be cheaper to sign a player like Gorkss (who is the better player IMO) than give Doherty a new contract with signing on fee etc.  Bet there wouldn''t be much in it.

I think Mr Docherty''s Agent almost certainly knows the way to San Jose.

If my living depended upon it, so would I.

In a week, maybe two, theyll make you a star
Weeks turn into years. how quck they pass
And all the stars that never were
Are parking cars and pumping gas

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Hypothetically speaking, would it be cheaper to sign a player like Gorkss (who is the better player IMO) than give Doherty a new contract with signing on fee etc.  Bet there wouldn''t be much in it.[/quote]

Must say i know very little about Gorkss but, whilst i doubt it would work out cheaper to sign him, he may well at least be on an upward curve and improve year on year and could well have a high resale value.  Doherty has basically stood still since we signed him, is a very limited player and is unlikely to ever attract anything other than a nominal fee IMO.  The fact that the only interest we`ve heard of so far comes from America speaks volumes.  I suppose he would fit into the the pace of the game over there at least.......