Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Glad to see Nige not linked with Leeds

When Eddie Gray got the chop a few days ago I did worry that Nige would be linked with the position. After all, he''s done very well here and spent a few years at Leeds. I''m not suggesting for a minute that Nige would swap a Premiership bound club on the up for a first division bound club sliding into oblivion, it''s just better he doesn''t even get mentioned. Could have been unsettling.

why DD

why on earth could any speculation regarding the leeds job unsettle worthy, i am sure other clubs will think of him if and when they are looking for a new manager, but no one in their right mind (and certainly no one successful) is going to be tearing up north towards Elland Road, least of all worthy

i think we can safely say he is here to stay for a long, long time

No Nige is going to Sheff Wed to save them, hopefully now NW will not need to be linked with less attractive jobs than the one he has.

I was surprised not to see NW linked with Leeds being an ex player. He would be mad to accept for obvious reasons.

Dowie has been linked to the job though. This is because he is the clearly the best manager in the division having pulled off the unlikely and guided an unfashionable club to the gates of the Premiership. lol.

Even Dowie seems to have rebuffed Leeds already as I heard on Skysports News yesterday that he had said he intended to see out his contract at Palace, which I think has another 18 months to run. Goodness knows who will get the Leeds job - perhaps an out-of-work manager who feels he has nothing to lose. Trouble is, with Leeds'' finances in the state they are in and the boardroom situation looking less than settled/sorted, who knows how far they could fall before they find some stability. Nothing there for Nigel to be tempted right now I would think! In fact, I would stake my next month''s salary on it ...(don''t get too excited people, as it''s considerable to me but very insignificant in the general run of things!)

I''d like to recommend Brian "Mr Fantastic" Hamilton for the job at Leeds.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE BIG RON GET THE JOB HE IS JUST WHAT THEY NEED ANOTHER DAFT OLD TWIT TO SEND THEM DOWN