Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We go with what we've got!.

[quote user="2nd Wizard"]"On form last season, if the season had started when Roeder arrived, we''d have been sixth"

Didn''t you just tell me I couldn''t argue a point on something that hasn''t happen?  Goal posts just moved me thinks
[/quote]

Ok, I''ll rephrase - we collected more points under Glenn Roeder than all bar five other teams.

MarshmallowMan, if you had a brain you might be dangerous. I shall reiterate my view of you, your opinions are consistently narrow-minded and idiotic. In future I shall speak to you only with sheer contempt.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

So missing out on Earnshaw means we''re not signing anyone?

Get lost you numpty.

[/quote]

Charming. You really know how to make friends and influence people, don''t you? You don''t by any chance work in a Customer Services department?

[/quote]LOL

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

On form last season, if the season had started when Roeder arrived, we''d have been sixth

[/quote]

Not True, 13 wins 8 draws 12 defeats from 33 games. We would have got 65.5 points a 10th place finish.

[/quote]

My apologies - 10th. Which meant we collected more points than all bar 9 other teams.

On form last season, if the season had started when Roeder arrived, we''d have been sixth

1. We avoided relegation after being bottom by 4 points in November

2. We finally have a manager that has some guts to make changes...

3. ...and he''s making major changes to a playing staff that has failed since relegation...

4. ...and making changes to a back room staff that has been at this club for failed year after failed year...

5. ...and as a natural result of that, a number of poor players are now gone.

6. Roeder has shown that he has a good eye for a player having brought a number of good young players to the club. 

7. Roeder is attempting to bring Chris Martin - one of the most talented youth players we''ve had at Carrow Road in a long time - back into line after being allowed to do practically whatever he wants.

And that''s just from the previous season. But you don''t see those as positives do you?

[/quote]

Like hell I do when its all based on ifs and suspect opinion.

Your only factual item worth anything you list is item 2.....................everything else is pure flim flam. And many would argue that we only stayed up because the other teams were so bad!...............but I will concede on that one pooint..........the rest are dubious at best.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Your only factual item worth anything you list is item 2.....................everything else is pure flim flam. And many would argue that we only stayed up because the other teams were so bad!...............but I will concede on that one pooint..........the rest are dubious at best.

[/quote]

My apologies, I meant item 1 sorry.[:$]

To be fair Wiz, you have to conceed that Roeder is making big changes to the backroom staff and the playing staff. I can''t see how that can be flim flam.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Not True, 13 wins 8 draws 12 defeats from 33 games. We would have got 65.5 points a 10th place finish.

[/quote]

My apologies - 10th. Which meant we collected more points than all bar 9 other teams.

[/quote]

It also depends on what was the ''real Roeder''.  The 13 game unbeaton run or the 20 games of relegation form before and after it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

My apologies, I meant item 1 sorry.[:$]

[/quote]

But surely item 2 is right as well? We DO have a manager with the guts to make changes, that cannot be denied. Whether he''s making the right decisions or not only time will tell.

To be fair Wiz, you have to conceed that Roeder is making big changes to the backroom staff and the playing staff. I can''t see how that can be flim flam.

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with Glenn doing that either.  I would rather have a manager bring his own people in than do a Grant and slowly chop and change (making things worse with every appointment [:s])

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Your continual refusal to see any positives - as you have just admitted - in anything makes you a critic rather than a supporter.

[/quote]

Okay, name the positives

[/quote]

Ok:

1. On form last season, if the season had started when Roeder arrived, we''d have been sixth

2. We avoided relegation after being bottom by 4 points in November

3. We finally have a manager that has some guts to make changes...

4. ...and he''s making major changes to a playing staff that has failed since relegation...

5. ...and making changes to a back room staff that has been at this club for failed year after failed year...

6. ...and as a natural result of that, a number of poor players are now gone.

7. Roeder has shown that he has a good eye for a player having brought a number of good young players to the club. 

8. Roeder is attempting to bring Chris Martin - one of the most talented youth players we''ve had at Carrow Road in a long time - back into line after being allowed to do practically whatever he wants.

And that''s just from the previous season. But you don''t see those as positives do you?

[/quote]

1. Maybe, but the season starts in September and it''s anybody''s guess what sort of form the team would have enjoyed had Roeder been here from the start?

2. We avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth, having suffered a prolonged dip in form. FACT.

3. Agreed, but it could still all go horribly wrong. We shall just have to wait and see. I sincerely hope it doesn''t, though.

5. Did you really need to make this a separate point?

6. Ditto.

7. Partially agree on this one, although he might well have sold Joe Lewis for much less than his true value.

8. Let''s hope he succeeds.

How much longer before either Roeder or Darth Doncaster says something along those lines?

1. June

2. July

3 August.

I think it''ll be sooner than you think!.[:''(]

[/quote]Have to say I will be rather annoyed if we hear the old ''although we don''t have the biggest of squads, our fitness will give us an advantage''.  Hate when they churn that out. 

[/quote]

Agreed MM if I may make bold with your name.

But it all comes back to this threads title.............I don''t think he can possibly replace them all this season...........and yes, I expect, at some point, to hear this threads title being uttered in some form or other.

On that, we''ll have to agree to disagree.

[quote]When the club makes a positive advancememt, I can be positive too mate.........but there hasn''t been any for years in my opinion!!.[/quote]

What about promotion to the premiership in 2005?

Reaching the playoff finals?

Signing Ashton (ok he did get sold a year later)?

Signing Earnshaw (again same as Ashton)?

I''m not a board luvvie or anything but these are just a few things (short term or otherwise)

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Plastic Scouser"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

How much longer before either Roeder or Darth Doncaster says something along those lines?

1. June

2. July

3 August.

[/quote]

Wiz - I''ve got a question for you.

When was the last time you uttered anything positive about the club?   AND maintained that stance for longer than a day or two?

Have you always been this negative about City?   What were you like in the days of Saunders & Bond?   Did you constantly moan about Ken Brown?   Did Stringer really get your goat?

You''ve been a supporter for more years than most of the posters on here put together - so, and here''s your challenge should you wish to accept it, what, in your view was the best time to be a City fan?   Was it the 50''s, the 60''s, 70''s or when?   Give us your reasons why as well...!
[/quote]

A superb reply Scouser.[Y]

When the club makes a positive advancememt, I can be positive too mate.........but there hasn''t been any for years in my opinion!!.

And those wonderful managers you mentioned, of course, there was no Internet in those heady days to moan on!, but being a City fan back then was only a joy for me.

My favourite City ages are:

1957-1962.............Great Cup exploits, true legends  playing in Yellow and Black!...........huge CR attendences.

The 1st Mike Walker reign..............needs no explaining really does it?

[/quote]

..... The Stringer time was great too. I always loved David Stringers greenanyellarmy chants

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

So missing out on Earnshaw means we''re not signing anyone?

Get lost you numpty.

[/quote]

Charming. You really know how to make friends and influence people, don''t you? You don''t by any chance work in a Customer Services department?

[/quote]

no but i do... and your point is?

jas :)

Could someone please explain to me how the #### Wiz managed to muster up 50 replies to such a lame initial post? Are we all really that bored on here? Have things got that bad??

Please let us sign someone soon and give us something interesting to discuss.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Could someone please explain to me how the #### Wiz managed to muster up 50 replies to such a lame initial post? Are we all really that bored on here? Have things got that bad??

[/quote]

Because, quite frankly CF, posters are deeply concerned now as to why City aren''t signing anyone. And don''t give thhat  old chestnut about you can''t sign anyone until the 1st of June..........just tune into SSN, clubs are now signing players hands over fist elsewhere.

Because, quite frankly CF, posters are deeply concerned now as to why City aren''t signing anyone. And don''t give thhat  old chestnut about you can''t sign anyone until the 1st of June..........just tune into SSN, clubs are now signing players hands over fist elsewhere.

[/quote]

That''s not true and you know it. Derby, Forest, Wolves, Swansea, Barnsley, Birmingham and QPR have signed 11 players between them. Hardly hand over fist!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

That''s not true and you know it. Derby, Forest, Wolves, Swansea, Barnsley, Birmingham and QPR have signed 11 players between them. Hardly hand over fist!

[/quote]

Err? now add Colchester, and half of leagues 1&2.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Err? now add Colchester, and half of leagues 1&2.

[/quote]I was thinking over this earlier and last season all we had was Ostemobor, and speculation about whether we would get Marshall and where Earnies future lay... this year i think we''ve been linked with far more players: Hoolahan, Etherington, Gorkss, Sibierski, Paterson, Rigters, Bell etc etc.... theres rarely smoke without fire so i personally think thats reason to be positive, we may not have anyone in yet (that we know of) but we have ages until we need to worry.smile wiz, else all this anxiety will have you 6ft under before long.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Actually, this is not quite as lame as you make out.

I emailed Doncaster last summer to put across my comments and concerns for the forthcoming 2007-08 season, and his reply was "we go with what we''ve got".... which was proven to be a big mistake! 

Had this posting by 1st Wiz been by more or less anyone else who posts on here i dont think the originator would have received such negative replies from others.

[quote user="djc"]

Had this posting by 1st Wiz been by more or less anyone else who posts on here i dont think the originator would have received such negative replies from others.

[/quote]

Maybe not djc, but the point is no other poster did feel it necessary to start a thread like this BEFORE the transfer window even officially opens!  Wiz posts so much doom and gloom people get a bit fed up, but secretly he loves getting a reaction so don''t feel you need to jump to his defence.  It''s a pity really because some of what he says is worth thinking about, it is just that those pearls get lost amongst the torrent of misery and doom.

Wiz may be right on this one (the last few windows dont give grounds for optimism that we will spend big bucks) but the point is it is too early to state we definately wont spend anything this time around. 

Its still very early in the close season but I do fear we won''t be signing most of the decent ones we''ve been linked with though I hope Roeder proves me wrong!

1. June

2. July

3 August.

[/quote]I don''t see how they can say that as we don''t have anything like a first XI at the moment, never mind a squad.  We''ll get in five or six, I think, plus loans, and then they''ll say "that''s all until January", but we''ll definitely get some players.

[quote user="djc"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Actually, this is not quite as lame as you make out.

I emailed Doncaster last summer to put across my comments and concerns for the forthcoming 2007-08 season, and his reply was "we go with what we''ve got".... which was proven to be a big mistake! 

[/quote]

Thank you for your sanity and reason djc,

I''m sick of hearing this quote, first used by the worthless one...............and thats how long they''re been bloody using it![8o|]