Sign in to follow this  
ForeverYellow

Atmosphere At Carrow Road !

[quote user="snakepit faithful"]

If we ever get to the premier league, build on the geoffrey walting stand. More capacity. Put flags in the jarrold stand like in the kop

[/quote]

Agree . . . that would be great ! New seats in the Geoffrey Watling stand are needed aswell the current ones are losing colour and doesnt look nice to look at ! A second tier on top of it would be nice aswell :)  

Nice dreams, but in reality I''d sooner money went towards players.

The atmosphere is good at the Barclay and Snakepit, it''s just the grumps everywhere else that won''t sing and chant IMO.

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]How could we improve the atmosphere at Carrow Road ?[/quote]

Hmmmm...tough one.

I''d go for a team that consistently wins.

[quote user="ForeverYellow"]How could we improve the atmosphere at Carrow Road ?[/quote]

Singing lessons for the River End and City Standers, plus force feed them pro plus tables before kick off to keep them awake.

Seriously the Barclay and Snake Pit are probably better than most clubs "Kop Ends" in this division, the Jarrold Stand occupants occasionally make an effort, but very poor from the other 2. I spent a season in the City stand which was dire, following season in the River End upper was only marginally better. Barclay lower is the only place to be for a proper football atmosphere for me. As the song goes "Sing Up The River End"!

To be fair I normally sit in the N&P and there is usually a reasonable number of us singing, albeit only following the Barclay or Snakepit!!!

There just seems to be a lack of inventiveness from all of us with the variety of songs /chants and it would be great if we could come up with some new ones for the new season.

Singing "on the ball...." 20 times a match gets tedious- albeit a great song and  the oldest in the league.

I agree that it''s easier if the team are playing well, but noisy crowd creates a great atmosphere and surely gees the players up.

OTBC

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Singing lessons for the River End and City Standers, plus force feed them pro plus tables before kick off to keep them awake.

Seriously the Barclay and Snake Pit are probably better than most clubs "Kop Ends" in this division, the Jarrold Stand occupants occasionally make an effort, but very poor from the other 2. I spent a season in the City stand which was dire, following season in the River End upper was only marginally better. Barclay lower is the only place to be for a proper football atmosphere for me. As the song goes "Sing Up The River End"!

[/quote]

yep i agree the only place to be is the barclay lower [:D]

A drum in the snakepit, swap Barclay Lower occupants with the Jarrold, as then the Jarrold would sing loud with the snakepit and the barclay lower would join in as to not feel left out!!!!

I agree with a previous post, Most River End and Geoffrey Watling stand occupants need pro plus/red bull or even possibly prozac to liven them up(No offence if you are lively and sit there)

Also some sexy cheerleaders (take West Ham''s Hammerettes for example) Late teens to mid 20''s would liven pre match and half time up!

Or just Get Delia drunk by half time and get her on the pitch again!

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

To be fair I normally sit in the N&P and there is usually a reasonable number of us singing, albeit only following the Barclay or Snakepit!!!

There just seems to be a lack of inventiveness from all of us with the variety of songs /chants and it would be great if we could come up with some new ones for the new season.

Singing "on the ball...." 20 times a match gets tedious- albeit a great song and  the oldest in the league.

I agree that it''s easier if the team are playing well, but noisy crowd creates a great atmosphere and surely gees the players up.

OTBC

[/quote]

100% agree with you,I sit in the N & P and always sing, i wish people would stop taring us all with the same brush, and to be fair the Barclay folk have been well below par this season because they have had f all to cheer about!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

OTBC

[/quote]

100% agree with you,I sit in the N & P and always sing, i wish people would stop taring us all with the same brush, and to be fair the Barclay folk have been well below par this season because they have had f all to cheer about!!

[/quote]

I also sit in the N&P and sing all the time :) the QPR match was by far the most lively atmospheres in the N&P stand of late

I just wish more people would sing in the River end with us and back the lads :)

The rightful restoration of terraces to the Barclay end in the lower tier would help!

People stand up most of the time in the Barclay anyway!

Whatever the person is on saying that we never had a propor Huckerby song in his wrongfully cut short spell with us I don''t know - The Oh Huckerby song was a proper and great anthem in which to kneel down to the great man!

[quote user="james norwich"]Perhaps we need some original songs about our players. We could sing sing about Hucks as Man Uited do about Cantana.[/quote]

well no probably not as he isnt actually a norwich player anymore [:)]

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="james norwich"]Perhaps we need some original songs about our players. We could sing sing about Hucks as Man Uited do about Cantana.[/quote]

well no probably not as he isnt actually a norwich player anymore [:)]

[/quote]

I think he means we should still sing about huckerby as a legend as manchester utd do about their legend cantana

I don''t think we need to do things to improve the home atmosphere, some thing I would like to say though:- No horns - No drums- Don''t do that awful crigneworthy OTBC before games- Don''t play goal music, its awfulI do think our away atmospheres could be improved though. The trouble at aways is, we ALWAYS sit! It makes the atmosphere much worse, and we may bring numbers away, but I never really think we make an impressive amount of noise. More people should stand.

elgrande, do you sit in the City Stand by any chance? Sensitive ears, or just a killjoy? OTBC is a great legend of a song, and will stay with NCFC for ever. More noise the better, by whatever means.

I suggest you go and watch cricket on a saturday afternoon instead!

I cannot think why 25,000 fans should be inconvenienced because some silly prat wants to bang a drum. Good play on the field is all that is needed to get the crowd going.

The reason I sit in the N & P Upper section is that I go with my Mother and my Son. Other members of my family also have children and sit there for this reason. There is some singing, but not as vociferous as it is in the Barclay, and it does increase with quality football and excitement - that''s the real answer.

Before you write off us killjoys in the quiter areas of the ground, think of two points:

1: Remember that we have 20,000 season ticket holders, and a lot of these are children and older people - not everyone wants the intense and vibrant atmosphere of the Barclay. 

2: It''s only our silence that makes the Barclay/Snakepit sound so loud!!!

Having got off my soapbox, I would love to see anything that could be successful in turning up the volume. But first and foremost, please lose that awful entry music.

Good football and a good winning run and the crowd will get behind the team ! ie something to cheer about

First of all some decent winning football which week in week out would get the old atmosphere back. We have sadly got to used to worrying about results and not expecting to see anything approaching entertainment.

The nature of the separate stands always comes in for criticism. The River End and City Stand have never been loud, they are, as described above, mainly filled with families and the older supporters.

In my area of the Barclay it has been difficult to get songs going. I stand right at the back near several people who start up chants/songs and after a while (depending on what''s happening on the pitch) people just revert to silence again.

I personally don''t like the pre match OTBC, especially the announcer asking each stand to sing up. But I suppose the club are trying to generate some atmosphere. Whatever the run out music is, you are never going to please everyone. What song could possibly unite all from age 4 to 90?

[quote user="Big Dave"]

elgrande, do you sit in the City Stand by any chance? Sensitive ears, or just a killjoy? OTBC is a great legend of a song, and will stay with NCFC for ever. More noise the better, by whatever means.

I suggest you go and watch cricket on a saturday afternoon instead!

[/quote]

he hasnt said stop singing otbc, he has just said stop the cringeworthy otbc before kick off over the PA