Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Vote for IWAN

Well done for starting the thread Blacko. As of 13.53 Iwan is in the lead!!!!
But lets not get complacent, this is the mid way ''Top of the League at Portman Road'' stage of the season.

There''s a long way to go yet. Keep voting.

Jonzey - Re : "TOTLAPR stage of the season" - Love it!

Bugger the half time oranges - I''m just off for a can of John Smiths - HAVE IT!!

I retract my ''ease up'' calls immediately - now''s not the time to get complacent, we''ve got a job to do, and we''ve got to go out and do it. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Bristol City fans!!

I''ve just done one - too busy to join the campaign (although I do frown slightly on this kind of thing because its happened on some of the EDP24 polls in the past). But hey - it''s Iwan, he deserves to win! And I expect there are similar strategies going on around the country for the others.

I''m telling no one... and hopefully if there''s any lurkers from the local BBC reading this, they will keep quiet too if they wish to show their allegiance to Norwich City.

I have just tried to get on the site but it wont let me. Good news to hear the man is in the lead. Lets not let complacency set in. I just went to the butchers in town and they will add some more tonight.

Cheers Jonzey for the message

lol, at school at the moment and its lets me vote from every pc in school, multiple times to. Awesome, Iwans bound to win.

Need you back on there folks Eyres from Oldham is going up really fast and catching IWAN, his score has gone up by 400 in 5 minutes IWAN 600 in front...........invest some time for him

Guest CFrost
Been doing the same at college.

Trouble is I cant turn cookies off on my home comp (Windwos 95) so I dont know if I''m helping by just refreshing the page or not?????? I hope I am helping with the votes by doing this.

He''s 3rd at the mo.

So come on people!!!

Guys & Gals

Time for a bit of a "hairdryer"

WE MUST TRY HARDER.

Seems as if the boys from Oldham have got in on the act skyrocketing their candidate into the lead, knocking Iwan down to second place.

Do we want to lose out?
Do we want to let our man down?

TIME TO GET THOSE FINGERS CLICKING ONCE MORE.

Tell your friends, tell your collegues, tell your lover, mother, granny and the milkman. We must restore Iwan to the position of the most venerable veteran.

Guest CFrost
Your Club Needs You! *Points Finger*

He''s 1st at the mo. We need to get him infront with loads of votes.

The reason Oldham fans have managed to get their guy amassing about 8000 votes today is that they have a program...I now have that program, but it is set to vote for their guy. if anyone knows how to edit it for Iwan, leave your email address and I shall send the prog to you

I wouldnt mind looking at that program......I cant say if I can change it to Iwan but I`ll try.
akita@home.nl
OTBC

The vote doesn''t seem to be working now, I take it that we''ve buggered it!!!! Oh well, iwan would have won anyway!

I know we''re block voting but were doing it one by one as individuals, surely the automatic voting by Oldham is a tad unfair? Not that I would want to take the accolade from Iwan should we adopt similar tactics, but surely the BBC should recognise a rat when they see it.. ? I understand theres an element of hipocrisy if we moan about Oldham, but then do the same..

At 21:22 it was 9145 in favour of The Big Man, with 11711 in favour of some player from some team up North. Total votes 48068 and rising..

Both Oldham and Bristol City fans have set up web bots to automate the voting process. The BBC have been informed...

Thanks Peter (Damned cheaters they are)....I couldnt make sense of that file anyway.

Have to say theres a simple Applescript that does it but its good to see we''re all being honest about the voting. We dont need to cheat to know Iwan is the best. Hopefully the BBC will respond.. watch this space!

What a shock when I logged onto Fivelive this morning, it was a relief to hear that this Oldham player had got 20,000 votes overnight by cheating, I suspect the same goes for Ferdinand and Tinnion. I feel our way of voting was ok as each vote came from an individual, they have entered the realms of cheating up by using a program which clearly isn''t. What''s the point? It''s like riding a motorbike to beat someone in a 100 metre sprint.

I hope the BBC realise this and hand the award to Iwan who should obviously win.

I know we''ve had a bit a laugh on this thread sumbitting our multiple votes (me included) but we were cheating of sorts - but writing a program to do it - well thats just plain greedy!

Its always the way - too greedy - if they wrote a program that submitted a vote from a random ip address after a random number of seconds (say 4 times a minute) between 7.30am and 11.30pm that would have amassed around 4000 votes / day which over the period of the vote, combined with real votes, would probably have been enough AND gone unnoticed.

Voting at a rate of 30-40 per minute is just so obvious.

Msg to Bristol, Oldham and Leicester fans - if you''re going to cheat, cheat properly!

When the vote gets re-aligned - lets make sure we get Iwan up there legitimately - even if we do make the odd multiple vote the hard way ;-)

We all know Iwan was the best veteran anyway - so if he doesn''t win this it won''t change how we all feel will it.

The voting page is still there, but they''ve removed the link to it from the Five Live homepage:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/programmes/veteran_vote.shtml

Clearly Ferdinand fans have also started using an automated voter as he has now almost caught up with Eyres at Oldham. Bristol fans have been cleverer and stopped at 15,000 votes (5,000 more than Iwan), which looks belivable, even though we all know they got their with an auto-voter too! I now have a copy of Oldhams auto-voter!

So, the only thing left to do to help Iwan win this award is to run the auto-voter for Eyres at Oldham - and if anyone can hack it, to create auto-voters for Ferdinand and Tinnion too - that way, Iwan will be left as the only player not to have been boosted by an auto voter (unless the others all see what we''re doing!)

You can get the auto-voter from here:
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/CN/files/Eyresy.exe

Just run it and it will start voting for Eyres. MLS

Read up and you''ll see that its been looked at already. If Iwan wins it, I think that it is right that he wins it in a genuine manner rather than us jumping on the bandwagon.
OTBC