Sign in to follow this  
Andy Larkin

Jermaine Beckford

Having watched a totally ineffective Jermaine Beckford in t''ut Play Off Final, can anyone explain to me why some people on here think he would be a good signing… no close control, poor touch and a bit headless.

Can''t see what all the fuss is about myself…

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="Stavros"]20 league goals[/quote]

Against the mean defences of Bournemouth, Luton and Port Vale?!

[/quote]

Moot point anyway.  We won''t be able to compete with the inflated fee he is likely to go for.

[quote user="andy larkin"]Having watched a totally ineffective Jermaine Beckford in t''ut Play Off Final, can anyone explain to me why some people on here think he would be a good signing… no close control, poor touch and a bit headless. Can''t see what all the fuss is about myself…[/quote]

yep completely agree with this i couldnt see today why everyone was so hyped up about him he looked poor today.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]

[quote user="andy larkin"]Having watched a totally ineffective Jermaine Beckford in t''ut Play Off Final, can anyone explain to me why some people on here think he would be a good signing… no close control, poor touch and a bit headless. Can''t see what all the fuss is about myself…[/quote]

yep completely agree with this i couldnt see today why everyone was so hyped up about him he looked poor today.

[/quote]

i said this couple weeks back, seen the lad three times and he hasnt impressed me! i think he is good league 1 striker and thats it!

he is generally greedy with the ball (sometimes not a bad thing as striker) but he generally makes poor choices

only skill he got is the curving shot from 20yards, which everyone is wise to now

canaryjock, you forgot to mention Nottinham Forrest and Swansea who are just two of the teams that will be above Norwich next season.

[quote user="sam"]

canaryjock, you forgot to mention Nottinham Forrest and Swansea who are just two of the teams that will be above Norwich next season.

[/quote]

sam you seem to forget mkdons and hereford will be above you

[quote user="sam"]

[/quote]

and they''ll be above you as well!!!

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="sam"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

bloody hell we8wba sticking up for NORWICH??? Well i never, wonders never cease!

sam - your in know real position to give banter to norwich fans! at least i can have the banter with them with my team being on par level with them

but just face it leeds are little club now to think several years ago one team was in champs league semi final other in conference and now they have beaten you for promotion

GUTTED

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMAO!! Classic. [:D]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said, for a change!

Izzy MacLeod anyone?

he''s shyte at this level.. Beckford could be too...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Izzy MacLeod anyone?

he''s shyte at this level.. Beckford could be too...

jas :)

[/quote]

Good call. You could also have said Sharp or Varney for that matter. There have been a few strikers knocking them in in Leagues 1 and 2 and it doesn''t guarantee they will do it at this level. For the money that Beckford is likely to cost we would probably get Ched Evans and I know who I would rather have!

[quote user="sam"]

[/quote]

yeah so glad that "mighty" leeds lost today. GUTTED jog on mate

Yes, we8wba, we are a small club aren''t we. And i suppose Wolves are a BIG club are they??? In yuor honest opionion, who do you think will finish above Leeds next season, bearing in mind that Swansea re the only team that did this season.

I''d still have him, the 2 times i saw him, he was a class apart, needs a target man next to him, Kandol didn''t come on til too late today

i''m not saying i want us to sign him but just commenting on why some people may see him as a potential signing.. his goalscoring record is good, not sure about the other aspects of his game.

Nicky Maynard is the boy to go for if you ask me, some how escaped people last season, when Varney took the majority of plaudits. He''s a fine player at a reasonable price i shoud think.

I would agree that Beckford is worth a look.  I have seen quite a bit of him this season and although he has had some good games and some not so good ones he is the sort of player that is worth a look.  Leeds have had a difficult time with th points deduction and everything else and 20 goals is a good return for beckford.  People may say that he should score 25-30 goals at that level, but remember that Billy Sharp did that, but couldn''t hit a barn door at this level.  To me at 6''2 beckford looks to have the phyical pressence to be a big success at this level and I think we could be looking at 15 goals from him at least.  People may say he didn''t score in the play off final, but he looked dangerous with his pace causing problems when he played down the flanks as well down the middle.  Ok he should have done better with some of the chances he had, but at least he is getting in those positions and causing problems.

I would welcome Beckford here and would be delighted if he signs.

I too watched the Leeds game yesterday, and I said out load, Christ! I hope we don''t sign Beckford..............so fingers crossed!......mind you...............I was wrong on Dion!.[:$]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I too watched the Leeds game yesterday, and I said out load, Christ! I hope we don''t sign Beckford..............so fingers crossed!......mind you...............I was wrong on Dion!.[:$][/quote]

......and about us definately going to get relegated this season, and the same thing the season before, and that Jim Duffy was certain to be our new manager.......[insert innumerable other mystic Wiz predictions of your choice here] [;)]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I too watched the Leeds game yesterday, and I said out load, Christ! I hope we don''t sign Beckford..............so fingers crossed!......mind you...............I was wrong on Dion!.[:$][/quote]

......and about us definately going to get relegated this season, and the same thing the season before, and that Jim Duffy was certain to be our new manager.......[insert innumerable other mystic Wiz predictions of your choice here] [;)]

[/quote]

Oi! I thought you didn''t reply to trolls as you referred to me the other day...............make your mind up! And Duffy was our manager, he even signed a player!.

Still, you carry on corrupting thread topics P''boro, this thread was about Beckford until you made it personal............as per usual!.

[quote user="sam"]Yes, we8wba, we are a small club aren''t we. And i suppose Wolves are a BIG club are they??? In yuor honest opionion, who do you think will finish above Leeds next season, bearing in mind that Swansea re the only team that did this season.[/quote]

Leicester. Leeds will come 2nd, unfortunately.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Still, you carry on corrupting thread topics P''boro, this thread was about Beckford until you made it personal............as per usual!.

[/quote]

Get out of bed the wrong side this morning Wiz?

And as for making things personal - well that''s a bit rich, aren''t you prone to refering to someone as "Rodent" and "Ratty" etc ?

It''s a bank holiday Wiz - relax and enjoy life!

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Get out of bed the wrong side this morning Wiz?

[/quote]

No, but a thumping headache, many apologies for my grumpy reply to you today...........my reply was uncalled for.............sorry.[W]

[quote user="sam"]Yes, we8wba, we are a small club aren''t we. And i suppose Wolves are a BIG club are they??? In yuor honest opionion, who do you think will finish above Leeds next season, bearing in mind that Swansea re the only team that did this season.[/quote]

im my honest opinion leicester will

southend look pretty useful in their run in

mk dons / peterboro got money to throw at it

all leeds fans bang on about -15 pts and impossible to get promoted but juventus did it few years back

just face it sam leeds are so called big club for taking 60k supporters to wemberly where were they when you averaged 22k in 4 games at home in march????

jumpin on the old bandwagon im guessing?

Should fit in nicely then.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

No, but a thumping headache, many apologies for my grumpy reply to you today...........my reply was uncalled for.............sorry.[W]

[/quote]

Apology accepted