Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Where are you based?

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]Nottingham Trent Uni, still call Lowestoft home even if the local area is a bit simple [;)][/quote]ncfc_chris - I went there, although it was a ''umble polytechnic in my day.I''m now halfway between Nottingham and Derby (so two easy ganes to get to next season), can''t be far from Marty and his ample pair (of furry creatures).

Hackney, East London. I used to have a House on Harbour Road for nearly 20 years (very handy). I also lived in Ipswich for 3 years and was given a season ticket at Portman Road, which I occasionally used .  

I live near Stevenage, via Ipswich, Halesworth, London, Nottingham, Lake District, Gloucestershire, and a million and one other places. Travelled down as a season ticker holder and still do. Might have to move up to Norwich one day soon, getting fed up with the 6-7 hour return journey.

Grew up in Norwich but left 4 yrs ago to go to uni in Reading,(just down the road from Chirping Canary, nice to know there''s few others near here!) ive just finished uni but for some reason im staying here.....

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]Nottingham Trent Uni, still call Lowestoft home even if the local area is a bit simple [;)][/quote]

ncfc_chris - I went there, although it was a ''umble polytechnic in my day.

I''m now halfway between Nottingham and Derby (so two easy ganes to get to next season), can''t be far from Marty and his ample pair (of furry creatures).
[/quote]

For us East Midlanders can you be more precise? Borrowash, Breaston, Long Eaton, Ilkeston? I remember Notts Poly, back in the days when I started at Uni, just around the time that all Polys'' changed to Universities. I think the place was famous for having a ridiculous girl/boy ratio, about 7:1, so of course we visited from time to time and I am still wondering where they all are!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Norwich, not to far from jas and Blah by all accounts![/quote]

Sorry i mean jas and Buddha!!!

[quote user="Greg Sayer"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Lower Somersham near Ipsh*t and Delia.

Born in Eaton.[:D]

[/quote]

hey, where bouts in eaton?

[/quote]

I think my birth cert says Leng Crescent /?/?/

Born, bread and will always be in Norwich.  Currently living in Old Catton on outskirts!

I live in Sunny Dubai, United Arab Emirates!   Home of the tallest building in the world and the Burj al arab hotel (my picture)  horribly hot here now in the 40s!   Norwich born and bred though

OTBC

St.John

Born in the Norfolk and Norwich, forced to grow up in Bury St Edmunds but now gladly escaped and living in Nottingham, city centre dodging the bullets....;-) There loads of city fans here in the east Mids for some reason..

Fressingfield near Diss. Born and bred in Norwich. Went to carrow road with my grandad 25 years ago, been going ever since!

Born in wocestershire, travelled the world with the forces lived in Southwold for 20 odd years now live in Beccles, well, Shipmeadow acctually  

North London born and raised, stones throw from highbury and now the emirates.  Dad brainwashed me and older brother at a young age. Have to put up with arrogant gooners and plenty of glory hunting man utd fans but wouldnt change it for the world. london by birthnorwich by grace of god.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="ncfc_chris"]Nottingham Trent Uni, still call Lowestoft home even if the local area is a bit simple [;)][/quote]ncfc_chris - I went there, although it was a ''umble polytechnic in my day.I''m now halfway between Nottingham and Derby (so two easy ganes to get to next season), can''t be far from Marty and his ample pair (of furry creatures).[/quote]

For us East Midlanders can you be more precise? Borrowash, Breaston, Long Eaton, Ilkeston? I remember Notts Poly, back in the days when I started at Uni, just around the time that all Polys'' changed to Universities. I think the place was famous for having a ridiculous girl/boy ratio, about 7:1, so of course we visited from time to time and I am still wondering where they all are!

[/quote]Close - started in Nottingham (lived over the Vic Centre for a couple of months), then St Anns which was REALLY nice, Long Eaton and now Draycott.I think the 7:1 ratio applied to when the lace factories were at their busiest, so it''s declined a lot since then.

[quote user="LDNcanary"]North London born and raised, stones throw from highbury and now the emirates.  Dad brainwashed me and older brother at a young age.
Have to put up with arrogant gooners and plenty of glory hunting man utd fans but wouldnt change it for the world.
london by birth
norwich by grace of god.
[/quote]

i know the feeling... i am from Norwich but live in banstead in surrey so i have to put up with palace fans as well as chelski arsenal tottenham...

...so it''s just like living in norwich then!

I met a girl who lived in Blackheath in Moscow 30 years ago. We spent a month together. Her husband was waiting for her at Heathrow. Hmmm..... I supose that means she would be 60 yrs old now. Lovely memories tho.

I am still travelling but my home is 500 yards from Carrow.

Still in Trowse. (the golden village) and only a short stroll to Carrow Road.

It''s a lovely evening here folks.