Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Have the board put too much faith in Roedent?

[quote]Let''s see, who would folk on here rather have a night out with on the pop in the City......Interesting you, or Nobody Me.....I think you''d win hands down......Because you are so interesting......and less of a challenge.[/quote]

I had no idea that that was the criteria that people used on this message board.  Every day is a school day, Mello...

Crikey, you''ll be sayin'' that you could ''ave me in a fight next !  I''ll hold me own coat, fanks...

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

this must be one of the most humorless message boards in existence - BIC

I think the Al Qaida and West Bromwich Albion message boards are way less funny than this one. I was referring to the Pinkun message board in general, not just this thread.

[/quote]

They still show Benny Hill on TV in the States.....He''s very funny!

Y''know that little bald fella that Benny always pats on the head.....I bet that makes you laugh.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Y''know that little bald fella that Benny always pats on the head.....I bet that makes you laugh.

[/quote]

It makes me laugh !  Oh...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Let''s see, who would folk on here rather have a night out with on the pop in the City......Interesting you, or Nobody Me.....I think you''d win hands down......Because you are so interesting......and less of a challenge.[/quote]

I had no idea that that was the criteria that people used on this message board.  Every day is a school day, Mello...

Crikey, you''ll be sayin'' that you could ''ave me in a fight next !  I''ll hold me own coat, fanks...

[/quote]

I''m a lover - not a fighter.....(Not that I fancy you or anything!)...and what is Criteria? Is it some form of  fungal infection?

what an unnesscarily pointlessly negative post. The man saves us from almost certain relegation and shows some backbone and people call him names and want him out. Where''s the bloody logic in that?. We''re in a better position now with him in charge than we would be if he wasn''t. I often look at posts on here and think why do they bother?.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

this must be one of the most humorless message boards in existence - BIC

I think the Al Qaida and West Bromwich Albion message boards are way less funny than this one. I was referring to the Pinkun message board in general, not just this thread.

[/quote]The West Brom message board is particularly humourless................but I''ve heard the Al Qaida one is a real blast.

The West Brom message board is particularly humourless................but I''ve heard the Al Qaida one is a real blast.- Shack Attack

That may be so, but is it right they amuse innocent people around them when they amuse themselves?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]He''s doing a drastic hatchet job at the moment. It would appear that it''s not a good idea to cross our Glenn - he''s very sensitive and has a spiteful vindictive streak running through him. I wonder if Delia and co are beginning to wonder whether they made the right choice of manager?[/quote]

So you think that Delia''s wondering ''oh, I wonder why I appointed the man who saved us from relegation, and is doing what he promised- sorting this club out''? Answers on a postcard...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''m a lover - not a fighter.....(Not that I fancy you or anything!)...and what is Criteria? Is it some form of  fungal infection?[/quote]

I think you do really, hence the banter - thankfully I''m not your type though...

Roeder has recognised what all of us have whinged about over recent years, a soft underbelly to the team. No real hard edge, a lack of passion and commitment, and the way to deal with that is to toughen things up. He`s spot on. How on earth can a club bring a player like Martin through the accademy for him to end up as a self opinionated over inflated egotistical twat. That attitude has been fed by a club that is too soft.He should have been shot down as soon as his head started to swell. The Jarvis boys were the same. Glen has shown his colours, he is a winner (or at least he thinks he is) and I am with him all the way. The problem I anticipate is he will be too tough for the Board and the Chief Exec., they have all become complacent and happily settle for mediocrity, yes they acted to get rid of Grant but now we have maintained our Championship status will they want to go back to their cuddly ways?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

Roeder has recognised what all of us have whinged about over recent years, a soft underbelly to the team. No real hard edge, a lack of passion and commitment, and the way to deal with that is to toughen things up. He`s spot on. How on earth can a club bring a player like Martin through the accademy for him to end up as a self opinionated over inflated egotistical twat. That attitude has been fed by a club that is too soft.He should have been shot down as soon as his head started to swell. The Jarvis boys were the same. Glen has shown his colours, he is a winner (or at least he thinks he is) and I am with him all the way. The problem I anticipate is he will be too tough for the Board and the Chief Exec., they have all become complacent and happily settle for mediocrity, yes they acted to get rid of Grant but now we have maintained our Championship status will they want to go back to their cuddly ways?

[/quote]

Grant resigned.  You`re right but it`s the whole club and support which has got a soft underbelly, as was stated by Dion when he signed his contract at the end of last season.  Roeder has said that he "wants the responsibilty of expecting promotion" so it seems to me he wants to see more Ricky Knight type fans than complacent, happy with failure types doesn`t it folks?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]He''s doing a drastic hatchet job at the moment. It would appear that it''s not a good idea to cross our Glenn - he''s very sensitive and has a spiteful vindictive streak running through him. I wonder if Delia and co are beginning to wonder whether they made the right choice of manager?[/quote]

They have to back him and give him time cause we need continuity but noones got a crystal ball and theres no guarantees it''ll work out!

[quote user="Mook"]

I just don''t get ANY of this.

We have a total LOSER mentality running through the club. The academy are not producing players. The players they are producing are not producing the goods.

The 1st team players we have are not producing. There is a laid-back holiday mentality at this football club.

Someone comes in and FIRES EVERYONE. A boot up the backside, a shot across the bows, call it what you will. The big name (but underperforming) player is shown the door. The youngsters that haven''t produced are booted out. The coaches that have not produced the players are booted out.

And all those people that cry "more ambition" and "why are we little norwich, we''re a big club" start hating the man that is trying to implement change.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. Whether or not we get promoted, this club has need a shake up for a long, long time. No more costa del norwich, no more Adrian Coote-alikes.

[/quote]well said.  I think you just became my new personal hero.

[quote user="BIC"]

Havign said that, there was a bloody funny thread yesterday in which Wiz declared himself to be a prophet with his usual pompous rhetoric - some of the replies were pretty damned funny
[/quote]

I actually toned it down matey, I was going to declare myelf a living God..............but I suspected you wouldn''t belive me.

Oh sod it! whats it like when a mere mortal like you, speaks about a living, legendry God of the message boards like me?. 

Now be humble in my presence...........init!.[:O]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="BIC"]

Havign said that, there was a bloody funny thread yesterday in which Wiz declared himself to be a prophet with his usual pompous rhetoric - some of the replies were pretty damned funny
[/quote]

I actually toned it down matey, I was going to declare myelf a living God..............but I suspected you wouldn''t belive me.

Oh sod it! whats it like when a mere mortal like you, speaks about a living, legendry God of the message boards like me?. 

Now be humble in my presence...........init!.[:O]

[/quote]

Myelf?............now thats hilarious!.[:D][:D]