Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Best and Worst Memories.

As we all know when your a Norwich fan you go through alot of up''s and down''s so what are your best and worst memories?

As I have only had a season ticket since the prem season my best memories would be coming back from 4-1 down to draw 4-4 with Boro'' in the last ten minutes, beating Newcastle, Charlton and Birmingham in the prem season and thinking we can stay up.  Coming back from 2-0 down to draw with Ipswich 2-2 in November, but the best memory I have from supporting Norwich so far is seeing us beat United 2-0 in the prem season, whilst sitting next to three United fans in the Norwich Union and Community Stand.  It was great singing EASY, EASY, EASY as they slumped in their chairs.

My worst memory though has to be watching us get thumped 6-0 by Fulham at my Dad''s mates house.  I also have some bad memories from going to Portman Road full of confidence and then getting beaten by the scummers in blue, every time I have watch Norwich away it''s a pretty bad memory as I havn''t been to an away match that we have won yet, but that dosn''t stop me wanting to go as I love walking round the ground showing off my yella ''n'' green.

What about you lot, what are your best and worst memories from being a City fan?

[quote user=""]

As we all know when your a Norwich fan you go through alot of up''s and down''s so what are your best and worst memories?

As I have only had a season ticket since the prem season my best memories would be coming back from 4-1 down to draw 4-4 with Boro'' in the last ten minutes, beating Newcastle, Charlton and Birmingham in the prem season and thinking we can stay up.  Coming back from 2-0 down to draw with Ipswich 2-2 in November, but the best memory I have from supporting Norwich so far is seeing us beat United 2-0 in the prem season, whilst sitting next to three United fans in the Norwich Union and Community Stand.  It was great singing EASY, EASY, EASY as they slumped in their chairs.

My worst memory though has to be watching us get thumped 6-0 by Fulham at my Dad''s mates house.  I also have some bad memories from going to Portman Road full of confidence and then getting beaten by the scummers in blue, every time I have watch Norwich away it''s a pretty bad memory as I havn''t been to an away match that we have won yet, but that dosn''t stop me wanting to go as I love walking round the ground showing off my yella ''n'' green.

What about you lot, what are your best and worst memories from being a City fan?

[/quote]FA Cup Semi @ Villa Park. Beaten 1-0 and hearing the news coming through from Hillsborough.It is all about perspective.

Best memory is watching us beat Southampton 3-2 in the FA cup quarter final replay after extra time.  Love night games and the Barclay was still terracing then.  I remember this absolutely huge bloke standing next to me ( i was about 14/15) putting his ar round me and saying ''we''re going to f***ing wembley son'', we then spent the next 5/10 minutes bouncing up and down singing.  Must have looked superb from the River End.

Worst.  Going to the football in a brand new pair of shiny white british knights trainers back in the day when t was cool to have your trainers laced really loose.  Again it was still terracing and as usual the crowd surged, being small I got thrown forward several yards and lost a shoe.  Spent almost the entire first half crawling on my hands and knees looking for it.... 

Best memory steve bruces winner in the 85 semi final..worst memory, the fog in 73 that temporaraly denied us a first wembley appearance, i was 11 then and saw grown men reduced to tears.

I''d say the play-off final v Birmingham in both respects. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions in the space of a few minutes.

On a slightly different note, the funniest thing I''ve experienced was the sit down ''protest'' on the old barclay terrace (late 80''s / early 90''s i think) when we we 4-0 down against Wimbledon after 20 or so minutes. Anyone else have recollection of this??

Quite a few best moments. Crammed in to the Norwich end of the San Siro (with a ticket for the Milan end). It seemed like we had two people to each seat. Goss'' equaliser at home against Bayern, I still think we all thought they''d beat us in the end- until then. John Polston''s winner against Aston Villa (in the 83rd minute I seem to remember) to send us back to the top of the Premier league. I can remember a Vinny Jones own goal somewhere in the past, that was priceless.

Worst. The Sheffield semi final. Sunderland were nothing, we froze. I can also remember the most mind numbingly dull game ever. A Zenith Data Systems Cup game against Millwall. Endless minutes of drivel that included Robert Rosario scoring with his right arse cheek without actually knowing where the ball was.

Best. Malky''s last-minute goal against Wolves in the play-off semi-final. The feeling that after years of mediocrity, we were finally on the way back. The Barclay was shaking. Worst. The cup semi in 92. We were awful that day. And relegation at Leeds in 95.

The best. Steve Bruce''s winner against Ipsh*t in the semi second leg in 1985.

The worst. The events of Heysel and losing our entry into Europe and the way we were relegated in 1985 to Coventry. It still sticks in my throat.

the best.. will always be Suttons header.... I have recounted this story many times on here and wont go through it again...

the worst.. this season! also losing the semi final to Sunderland in 1992.... I was only 10 and watched it on TV.. I cried my eyes out

jas :)

Best - Crewe away when we won the league.

Worst - 6-0. (However it must be said the way the crowd acted that day is one of the best memories as well, made me very proud to be a norwich fan)

Away vs Sheff Wed, Div 2, 1982(?).  Draw needed for promotion, 10000 City fans at Hillsborough.Worst: Sheff Wed go 1-0 up in second-half - staying down.Best: Keith Bertschin equalises with 3 minutes left - going up.Worst: Sheff Wed take the lead with virtually last kick of game - their fans invade the pitch - staying down.Best: Eventually hearing after what seemed like ages (this was well before mobiles were around) that Leicester had not won - going up.All in one game - what a day.Other than that:Best: vs Bayern Munich at homeWorst: vs Sunderland, FA Cup Semi (Hillsborough again).