Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Donny's Coppinger?

I didn''t see Donny v Southend, but from the various reports I''ve read James Coppinger played a cracker as well a scoring a hat trick. Mazy runs, beating players and scoring goals. Sounds like a younger DH! I hope Donny get promoted, but if they fail it could be worth a cheeky offer to get him in the next level.  

He looked really good. I doubt you''ll see a better hat trick at that level (or maybe even in The Championship) for a long time. His first two goals certainly reminded me of Hucks, although he was cutting in from the right rather than the left. Trouble is, we won''t be theonly club to have noticed him and then it all comes down to who has the most money to spend again. The commentators were also saying that he doubled his number of goals for the Donny played some cracking football and I hope they come up. It might go some way to puncturing the myth that the only way to get out of the lower leagues is to hoof your way out [Y]

He looked really good. I doubt you''ll see a better hat trick at that level (or maybe even in The Championship) for a long time. His first two goals certainly reminded me of Hucks, although he was cutting in from the right rather than the left. Trouble is, we won''t be the only club to have noticed him and then it all comes down to who has the most money to spend again. The commentators were also saying that he doubled his number of goals for the season, so itdoesn''t sound as if he''s particularly consistent.Donny played some cracking football and I hope they come up. It might go some way to puncturing the myth that the only way to get out of the lower leagues is to hoof your way out [Y]

this could be a good shout.  Coppinger came through the youth ranks of Newcastle so Roeder and or Clark probably already know what he is all about!

If  Doncaster get promoted he will probably have no reason to go to another Championship Club,  failing that we could be in with a chance.

He looked quality, but not quite sure what his position is.  Seemed to play behind front two and scored two stunning goals after mazy runs and capped it off with a stunning free kick.  I say get him in.

[quote user="Big Dave"]I didn''t see Donny v Southend, but from the various reports I''ve read James Coppinger played a cracker as well a scoring a hat trick. Mazy runs, beating players and scoring goals. Sounds like a younger DH! I hope Donny get promoted, but if they fail it could be worth a cheeky offer to get him in the next level.  [/quote]

He  obviously had a wonderful game but if you look at the Doncaster stats he''d only scored four goals all season (from 79 shots) before the Southend game.  Also he''s actually smaller than Jamie Cureton and I have a sneaky suspicion that Mr Roeder may try to get a few taller lads in the squad.

i would go for him on the strength of that performance. All 3 goals were superb. The guy has talent. Good shout.

good shout for possible signing and after last night he may have his sights higher than championship

saying that i heard commentator say he only scored 3 times all season before that? what was the cause of that injury? poor form? playing in the comfort zone?

but on last nights performance looks to be cracking purchase if you got him and i dont think there are too many better hatricks anywhere ever in internationals, premier, foreign leagues let alone league 1