Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Please dont leave Fozzy

Sums it up really.  He is honest and cares, I have liked his interviews, and we win when he plays.  Give hima 3year deal now!  Since Holt/Francis mid, we have failed to find a balance, and Fozzy has done very well this year.Fozzy also marks a huge turning point in the summer, a lot has been said about doc - I dont mind if he stays or goes to be honest, ok player, but not great.  Fozzy is our captain, and if he leaves it shows a lack of belief in the squad and ambition from the club.  Perceived ambition, is almost as important as ambition IMO, as you can then pick up freebies and players on the cheap left right and centre, lok at QPR with Ramage and Cerny, thats a couple of mill of players there straight off, a prem league number one goalie, and a prem right back / centre back.  We need him to stay, as if own captain walks after we tried to keep, who is gonna come?????

Please do go Fozzy , third rate footballer with no club when we took you on , you wont be missed , we need players with quality you have none.Sign of the times at Norwich when we dump class like Huckerby and try to hold on to utter dross like you .

Lol - If ever there were two diametrically opposed then the above to comments would be an excellent example!!!

bit like Saffs ...Quality...makes Norwich tick.

You only realise just what he contributes when he isn''t in the side.

Love his passion too !

...He just needs to be more consistent

PLEASE SIGN FOZZY

I''m assuming you don''t go to many games then. Or look at any of the stats that have been quoted about when we don''t have Fozzy in the team. Without his contributions this year we would have gone down.

I agree with you completely - v.impressed with his leadership, determination, commitment. All things that we need going into next season. Could do with a few more goals in his game, but that will come i''m sure. Sign him up!!

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]I''m assuming you don''t go to many games then. Or look at any of the stats that have been quoted about when we don''t have Fozzy in the team. Without his contributions this year we would have gone down.[/quote]

Overrated in my opinion. The facts are we are a middle to poor championship team, with generally middle to poor players. Fozzy does not stand out in games as being as the clock to make NCFC tick. He is just an average Championship CM, and would not be greatly missed if he does go. We should of course try to keep him, but not be held to ransom by his over inflated opinion of himself with his wage demands.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]I''m assuming you don''t go to many games then. Or look at any of the stats that have been quoted about when we don''t have Fozzy in the team. Without his contributions this year we would have gone down.[/quote]

Overrated in my opinion. The facts are we are a middle to poor championship team, with generally middle to poor players. Fozzy does not stand out in games as being as the clock to make NCFC tick. He is just an average Championship CM, and would not be greatly missed if he does go. We should of course try to keep him, but not be held to ransom by his over inflated opinion of himself with his wage demands.

[/quote]

Well said Big Dave. Exactly right. Who the #### is Fotheringham to demand a massive wage increase? He isnt that good! He thinks he is the daddy when he is average at best. He does warrant a new improved contract but Im under the immpression he wants to be the top earner. I personally would have shown him the door a long time ago, the moment he started talking about more money. We dont need greedy dross like that in our team.

He doesn''t stand out when he plays, thats true. But when he''s not there is when you notice how much he gives to the team. To continue the clock metaphor, you don''t notice your clock ticking every second, but without it you can''t tell the time.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

[/quote]

The facts may be that; the table doesn''t lie -we are where we are and deserve to be.

We see the game differently. Fozzy stands out for me as an influential player. Not average by any means. What he brings to the team as a whole would be difficult to replace

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]He doesn''t stand out when he plays, thats true. But when he''s not there is when you notice how much he gives to the team. To continue the clock metaphor, you don''t notice your clock ticking every second, but without it you can''t tell the time.[/quote]

Stevee wonder clearly aint blind! good post and well said

jas :)

I not really fussed if he goes or not. He doesn''t have much effect on the side and isn''t a natural captain in my opinion. If he does stay, I would like to think that that''ll be one of the first things Roeder does; appoint a new skipper.