Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Ipswich make a loss

radio suffolk had  a story last night reporting that despite marcus evans buying the club they are going to post a loss this year!!

so much for his investment, makes all those youtube clips of there fans chanting "were ducking loaded" look stupid!

...they''re cutting thier cloth accordingly these days. The farthest pre season game they''re going too is Brighton with a trip to Gillingham as well :0 Jet set lifestyles down at poorman rd.

...oh and a mini (not a normal size) tour of Northern Ireland. I believe this was hastily arranged and the club were very greatful to Jim Magiltons auntie for the putting the squad up in her spare room.

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

radio suffolk had  a story last night reporting that despite marcus evans buying the club they are going to post a loss this year!!

so much for his investment, makes all those youtube clips of there fans chanting "were ducking loaded" look stupid!

[/quote]

Any loss will be calculated by totaling income less expenses. Evans'' investment is not deemed to be income.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[/quote]

Any loss will be calculated by totaling income less expenses. Evans'' investment is not deemed to be income.

[/quote]

yeah but surely the loss of repayments on 32mil of debt would even things out?

[quote user="Greg Sayer"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah but surely the loss of repayments on 32mil of debt would even things out?

[/quote]

Sorry, still not an expense. A loan is a balance sheet item and any repayments are attributed to it. I don''t think Ipswich were repaying their debt anyway..they had a three year repayment break with shares being given instead of interest.

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[/quote]

What a shame [:D], dont you just love it!

A) Dodgy Marcus Evans takes over- thus meaning Ipswich town are now Evans'' to do as he wishes

B) Stupid scummers think this means they''re loaded (when they arent [H])

C) They now think they''re gonna walk the league because of their ''financial backing'' (what about QPR and the like)

D) It then emerges that Marcus Evans cant stop them from reporting a loss.

Happy days at Portaloo Road- keep em coming lads

It''s a nice diversion but.  "Quite frankly.....I don''t give a damn what''s occuring over the border."

I''m actually more concerned with the future of Norwich City Football Club.

Hardly terrible news is it , most clubs do run at a loss and as the article says Magilton will still have considerable funds to strengthen the squad , i very much doubt any of their supporters would like to swap with City right now.

I would think that Ipswich supporters have more reason to be optimistic about next season and their immediate  future than Norwich supporters.

[quote user="Terry Fied"]I would think that Ipswich supporters have more reason to be optimistic about next season and their immediate  future than Norwich supporters.[/quote]

scummer?

Chelsea make around a 80-120m loss every year, are they poorly off?

As someone said, money from benefactors (like Abramovich, like Evans) doesn''t count as income hence a loss is made.  They would be buggered if he left, or had to repay the money, and the deal is such that Ipswich won''t have to pay any money until in the Premier League.

So let''s hope they don''t get there and ME get''s bored!

I’m sorry oh huckerby I don’t trade insults. I’m just a realist

There is little room for sentiment and rose tinted spectacles I''m afraid. 

Of course we made a loss and virtually every team outside the premier does. We DO  have a few million to spend and if it is true there is even more to come. We obviously cannot compete with QPR but then again who can. I agree with a lot of people on here that money doesn''t guarantee success......it sure as hell helps though.

"This is why we have to keep raising prices although the 14,000 or so season tickets who took advantage of our ''Early Bird'' scheme will watch football for virtually the same price as last season.”

hahahahahahahahah 14k!!! hahahahahahaha