Sign in to follow this  
birdman

YOUTH TEAM

Just found this on a republic of Ireland website. Does anyone know if he is still at Norwich?

Republic of Ireland youth coach Sean McCaffrey said in March  "There is another young lad at Norwich who plays at Under-18 level called David Cooper. We''ve had him in and he has done very well. He is a quick, skilful full-back and technically he is very good. He''s definitely one for the future. "

He is certainly one to watch and he plays at right back.

But according to one of the posters on the forum, Norwich are not too keen on him.

Won''t sign him then as it sounds like he has talent, we will just keep putting the boys through the academy who smile at the right people and run about a lot looking busy. I wonder if Neil Adams will have anything to say about the academy, it would be interesting to here an honest assessment from an x pro who has worked in the academy, something must be broken as the wrong boys are being given contracts and the more talented boys are being released, hence the reason none of them are making the first team.

a friend of mine whos son used to be in the academy said this lad is special, so theres no doubt roeder will bin him soon!!!! he also said to me roeders shake up in the academy is long overdue as the coaches were poor when his lad was there, the worst being a certain neil adams!!!

Used to go to school with Coops, he used to play in midfield, in the suffolk schools final he chipped the goalkeeper  from the half way line. Awesome player and without him we would not have won the Suffolk schools league and Suffolk cup. Nobody at school was surprised when he got offered a scholarship and he has never let it go to his head, Had offers from Ipswich and Peterborough  but chose Norwich, hopefully he will get a contract, I would be amazed if he dosen''t.

I think it was yellowmad who said Norwich aint keen on Cooper and that a big club is keeping an eye on him.

Does Roeder or Martin pick out the players who they decide to offer contracts?

By the way Korey Smith and Luke Daley are absolutely terrible!!!!!

Angry [:@]

Your right I did say that I had heard that Norwich were not keen, I am not sure who is making the final decisions but in my opinion they are making a mistake with this lad. I have watched the youth team this year and I cannot remember him having a bad game, he has had a couple of injuries but you can see real passion and skill when he plays and talking to the other players they think that they are a much better team when he is playing because of his penetrating runs forward from right back (just what Norwich needs). When he gets the ball he makes things happen, I can only agree that Daley and Smith are terrible, both of them run about doing very little and constantly give the ball away. 

I am knew on here and totally confused, lots of people are saying that Coops was one of the best players in the Youth team and that Korey Smith has been given a contract but is useless. What is going on, does football come in to the decision?

[quote user="Fan-tastic"]

I am knew on here and totally confused, lots of people are saying that Coops was one of the best players in the Youth team and that Korey Smith has been given a contract but is useless. What is going on, does football come in to the decision?

[/quote]

I would hate to speculate as to what criteria is taken into account when reaching a decision.

At best it is "Eeny meeny minny mo" at worst the mind doth boggle.

I have watched a few youth team games and also watched the last reserve game and these boys (COOPER, DAVIES and DAWKINS) in my experienced opinion have little or no chance of getting a professional contract at Norwich City.

How many games has Cooper played for R.O.I. ?. I should imagine it is none as he is not good enough.

In my experienced opinion I think that yellowmad and ncfclad must be related to these boys as their views are to one sided, they have another year on there scholarships and should just knuckle down and get on with it and see where it takes them as I am honestly starting to get annoyed with reading about them like they are good players!

Daley and Smith have got a professional contract and we will see where it takes them . It is no use keep slagging the boys off, if your boys get near to how good they are they will get what they are due.

GET A LIFE

COOPER IS IN THE BOTTOM 3 OF THE YOUTH TEAM AS IS DAVIE, THERE SHOULD BE NO CONFUSION HERE THEY HAVE A LONG LONG WAY TO GO IN ORDER TO GET PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTS AT NORWICH CITY. THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS

You are a complete idiot who obviously has no idea about good players and you put your faith in the academy staff who have produced no first team players. I bet your a big fan of the drink driver Pattison another in the mould of Smith and Daley who runs about doing nothing and giving the ball away. You also said to leave the boys alone and stop slagging them off, haven''t you just done that. Not sure if Cooper has played for the R.O.I but he had trials and impressed, I can''t see anyone lining up to give the headless chickens a trial. I hope Cooper and Davey never get as bad as those two. Sorry if you are related to either of them

What experience would that be then Yellowmellow, you certainly have no experience if you think any of the boys mentioned are my son. I am just a fan who takes an interest in the youth team, reserves and first team. Sorry if I hit a raw nerve, your not Roeder are you and I am about to get sacked for having an opinion? I have been watching the youth for the last five years and in my humble (no experience) I think they are not promoting the right players. It is just an opinion.

yellowmad thanks for the info, I live in Norway so it is hard for me to go and see youth games. But it seams like you give a reflected and good info, so thanks:-)