Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Adam Chambers bid accepted?

[quote user="ncfclad"]

He used to be a squad player for West Brom when they finished 2nd behind us.

[/quote]

I think it was James Chambers who played for West Brom, never heard of this one.

Take that back, he did play for West Brom the year we went up, a midfielder but he played right back when we drew 0-0 with them at Carrow Road, very quick, in fact I don''t think Hucks got past him once if I remember rightly.

What I want to know is if he''s going to get over the doping scandal and run in the Olympics?

Oh, no, wait a minute, that''s Dwain.

Is he a lower Prem or an Inbetweenie?

Oh, it looks like we may be getting inbetweenies between the Championship and Div 1!

[quote user="kdncfc"]Take that back, he did play for West Brom the year we went up, a midfielder but he played right back when we drew 0-0 with them at Carrow Road, very quick, in fact I don''t think Hucks got past him once if I remember rightly.[/quote]Hucks did get past James Chambers once that evening, and he would have been in on goal. Chambers chopped down, but ref (Barry Curson?) decided it was a clean tackle. If he had blown it would have been a red card.It was one of a series of amazing decisions that night. Flem handled it (accidentally) on the line after the ball bobbled up, and Svensson was rugby tackled as he went for a header - nothing  given on both occasions.It was one of the worst displays of reffing that season.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="kdncfc"]Take that back, he did play for West Brom the year we went up, a midfielder but he played right back when we drew 0-0 with them at Carrow Road, very quick, in fact I don''t think Hucks got past him once if I remember rightly.[/quote]

Hucks did get past James Chambers once that evening, and he would have been in on goal. Chambers chopped down, but ref (Barry Curson?) decided it was a clean tackle. If he had blown it would have been a red card.

I
t was one of a series of amazing decisions that night. Flem handled it (accidentally) on the line after the ball bobbled up, and Svensson was rugby tackled as he went for a header - nothing  given on both occasions.

It was one of the worst displays of reffing that season.

[/quote]

So far i''ve heard rumours rangeing from a player at Blackpool, and some ex reserve team WBA player now earning a crust at the mighty Orient. Now all this sounds really exciting. I take it GR and the board have been aware of these ambitious targets for some time bearing in mind we knew we would lose 9 players come the end of the season? I cant wait,im so excited!! Ohh and dont forget the Huckerby one about playing on a pay as you play contract........God help us if these ''Rumours'' turn to reality.

Surprise, surprise Whittle. I would imagine it would take signing Ronaldo or Messi to get some people on here excited.

not at all but if you''re going to be inspired by such rumours than you really deserve the position we ended up in at the end of the season. I dont know much about these guys in all honesty but it isn''t the kind of noise i really want to be hearing. I  imagine GR has had a lot of time to ponder over his new signings and if we are looking at the likes of the said players it looks as if we''re skint as per. Read into it what you will but i''m not going to get excited over these rumours like most on here last summer over our wonderful signings then.

You think Adam Chambers is the sort of name I want to see linked? Of course not - but equally I can see if you''re building a squad you aren''t going to be signing 22 stars. He''s got good Championship experience, plays in positions we need reinforced and is rated by his current team.

You need to be realistic and realise for every star name we are linked with we are going to be linked with 3 others. The expectation you clearly harbour is incredibly unrealistic.

[quote user="Wings"]

You think Adam Chambers is the sort of name I want to see linked? Of course not - but equally I can see if you''re building a squad you aren''t going to be signing 22 stars. He''s got good Championship experience, plays in positions we need reinforced and is rated by his current team.

You need to be realistic and realise for every star name we are linked with we are going to be linked with 3 others. The expectation you clearly harbour is incredibly unrealistic.

[/quote]

Maybe it unrealistic but why has it got to such a point is maybe the bigger question? See the point? As for being unrealistic, i would say that you stating a highly sort after 19 year old Scottish lad wanting to join us over Celtic or Everton is somewhat unrealistic dont you think?

I don''t think anyone should panic yet, I think this one comes from the football rumours site, so is most likely garbage

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

Maybe it unrealistic but why has it got to such a point is maybe the bigger question? See the point? As for being unrealistic, i would say that you stating a highly sort after 19 year old Scottish lad wanting to join us over Celtic or Everton is somewhat unrealistic dont you think?

[/quote]Pray do tell where I say that? I said, and I''ll make it simple, that he may want to come because we can offer first team football.

indeed wba had two chambers brothers through the youth set-up

both were highly regarded as great prospects, but neither really lived up to the hype

very similar to the moore brothers when at villa

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="kdncfc"]Take that back, he did play for West Brom the year we went up, a midfielder but he played right back when we drew 0-0 with them at Carrow Road, very quick, in fact I don''t think Hucks got past him once if I remember rightly.[/quote]

Hucks did get past James Chambers once that evening, and he would have been in on goal. Chambers chopped down, but ref (Barry Curson?) decided it was a clean tackle. If he had blown it would have been a red card.

I
t was one of a series of amazing decisions that night. Flem handled it (accidentally) on the line after the ball bobbled up, and Svensson was rugby tackled as he went for a header - nothing  given on both occasions.

[/quote]

So far i''ve heard rumours rangeing from a player at Blackpool, and some ex reserve team WBA player now earning a crust at the mighty Orient. Now all this sounds really exciting. I take it GR and the board have been aware of these ambitious targets for some time bearing in mind we knew we would lose 9 players come the end of the season? I cant wait,im so excited!! Ohh and dont forget the Huckerby one about playing on a pay as you play contract........God help us if these ''Rumours'' turn to reality.

[/quote]

Ridiculous post.  Absolutely ridiculous...Some great players have come from the lower leagues over the years.  And sometimes a player fails to cut themustard at his first/second club then goes on to be real class.

Lets be honest here Arthur.  Would you be objectional if we found a trio of reserves that were as successful as the last 3 we blagged from Spurs.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ridiculous post.  Absolutely ridiculous...Some great players have come from the lower leagues over the years.  And sometimes a player fails to cut themustard at his first/second club then goes on to be real class.

Lets be honest here Arthur.  Would you be objectional if we found a trio of reserves that were as successful as the last 3 we blagged from Spurs.

[/quote]

SPOT ON

wolves player michael kightly was released by spurs then picked up by basildon then signed up for southend then released after few loans at farnbrough, then signed for grays then wolves

and now he is one of championships hottest prospects

to say that because they been released somewhere down the road doesnt mean they arent good enough now!

And on top of what I posted earlier, the player(s) from Blackpool.  I think if you asked anyone here whether or not they wanted Hoolahan then the resounding (and deafening) reply would be yes please.  Personally I would take both the blackpool boys we are linked with, Gorkss in particular looks a class defender who also scores goals.

[quote user="jimmy500"]And on top of what I posted earlier, the player(s) from Blackpool.  I think if you asked anyone here whether or not they wanted Hoolahan then the resounding (and deafening) reply would be yes please.  Personally I would take both the blackpool boys we are linked with, Gorkss in particular looks a class defender who also scores goals.[/quote]

I like Hoolahan, my problem is that we have a squad of what? 9?

[quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

Doherty and which other 2 [:^)][*-)][;)]

Sigh! yet another Pink Un misleading thread title, which again, is only based on crappy rumours....................Jeez!

How many more?[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dean Marney and Paul McVeigh, obviously....

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="jimmy500"]And on top of what I posted earlier, the player(s) from Blackpool.  I think if you asked anyone here whether or not they wanted Hoolahan then the resounding (and deafening) reply would be yes please.  Personally I would take both the blackpool boys we are linked with, Gorkss in particular looks a class defender who also scores goals.[/quote]

I like Hoolahan, my problem is that we have a squad of what? 9?

[/quote]

Cant argue with that, although I think its 12......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Way back further than then Nutty - Bowen, Culverhouse and Crook.  All no marks at Tottenham, best thing since sliced bread here....

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets be honest here Jimmy.Why has it got to such a point that we have to sign such players? I agree some great players have came from the lower leagues,but its few and far between nowadays unlike the Bowen,Chippy and culver days and those that do will be sniffed out by bigger clubs straight away. Face it jim, we have no young''uns coming through and all the crown jewells have been sold to make way for off pitch activities and what not. We''ve lost the plot under this lot and the fact we can hardly field a net ball team is proof but if you think otherwise,so be it.

[quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

He would be any excellent signing for us. Given the competition we are up against we would do well to land any half decent, highly rated player. I get the impression alot of people on here are expecting an influx of quality players this summer. Dream on. We will bring 6 new signings as well as loanees. If we signed 6 Adam Chambers we should count ourselves lucky.