Sign in to follow this  
CARL EGGETT

NORWICH CITY'S NO.2 KEEPER FOR THE PREMIERSHIP!!

call me boring but some money from promotion need to go towards a new number 2 keeper for citys premiership season and in my opinion i think they should look no further that chelsea''s no.4! Marco Ambrosio, who in his time between the sticks this season for chelsea has pulled off some fantastic saves!! just look at his great saves in the champions league match away against monaco!. without him it would have ended up a lot more than 3-1!!
and i dont think chelsea would object to us taking him for that much because of his low ranking with the other keepers at stamford bridge. i would think they would let us at a fair rate!! what do u guys think???

i think that is a good idea,maybe even their number 3 jurgen macho,who will now be no4 with the arrival of petr chech(?),am sure they wouldnt need any money not as if they need it

Surely if he had been able to defend his near post Chelsea would be looking forward to the final. The third goal was due to his inability.
A good goalkeeper is one who get'' in the right position and doesn''t have to throw themselves all over the shop as they can read the game. Remember Greeno''s saves from Stoke and Preston games? he was correctly positioned so was able to make them other lesser keepers wouldn''t have seen them never mind save them. As for the cover I''m still pondering that one.( how about Mr. Marshall?)

l have heard it on good authority that its Lenny Pidgeley who is a serious target for us , remember he played for Watford on loan from Chelski this season and played a blinder when they beat us at Carrow Road in November !

I dont think we will buy a keeper for these reasons,What keeper of quality is coming here to sit on the bench for Greeno when they could get far more money elsewhere doing the same,i think we will probably go down the road we trod before with Greeno playing,Jo Lewis as No2
at the games giving him great experience of what''s to come.If god forbid Greeno gets injured
we go out and get quality on loan plus one less fat wage throughout the season.

I good idea in principle, but it totally disregards the transfer window. Should Green get injured outside the transfer window, we would then have to prove we had no other fit keeper available in order to be allowed to loan one in, otherwise we would be forced to play Lewis while Green was injured. Not a good scenario, IMO.

I do agree that most keepers would not want a permanent move to FCR to sit on the bench, so maybe a season-long loan for someone like Graham Stack is an option. After all, that would promote him from No4 at Arsenal to No2 at FCR, and who''s to say Arsenal won''t go out and buy another keeper this summer?

I''m sure Worthy has a plan though, otherwise I don''t think he would have released Crichton.

How about a tongue-in-cheek bid for Flapper? Could be interesting, and he could teach Malky, Flem and co. the tricks of the trade from the Muscat Academy of Defending! On second thoughts....NOOOOOOO!

I''ve heard the Lenny Pidgeley rumours too.

What a goalkeeping setup we''d have then.

Green - he WILL become an England regular in the senior squad.
Pidgeley - has represented England at all youth levels - now tipped for the U21''s
Lewis - again in the youth England setup

The one thing would be would Pidgeley prefer to be a No2 bench warmer to Green or a regular first teamer in a lower Div team.

If we could get him - I think it would a good move.

This is just the type of player we should be going for - talented, young and hungry - rather than some of the ''has beens'' that have been mentioned for other positions.

We also have to consider, that if things go badly next season - its unlikely that we''ll be able to hang on to Greeno if we drop back to Div 1, so we need to build for the future. Thats not being defeatist by the way - as I think we are going to surprise a few people, but we have to plan for all eventualities.

Go get him Nige!

I know this kind of goes against what I''ve said further up but I wouldn''t mind a goalkeeper with a bit of experience. Lewis and to a certain extent Green are still learning. Goalkeepers like Neil Sullivan, Kasey Keller (names off the top of my head) have been there and done it and could help our lads progress.

DD, good call mentioning Kasey Keller. He''s not going to be too chuffed, I would imagine, now Spurs have signed Robinson from Leeds, so he might be thinking of pastures new, perhaps. Stranger things have happened.