Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Adams says his piece....

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I understand irony ironically, do you Wiz? [:^)] [;)][/quote] Oh do behave, you got caught out...............accept it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I personally don''t care what Adam''s opinion of GR is, I, as a free thinking human being will make and form my own judgement about a person on merit and results.  I still back GR 100% and will do so for as long as I think he has earned it.

So he''s had a clear out of dead wood, and one of those happens to be Adam''s, another is Huckerby and a few other players, what''s the big deal, and in the grand scheme of things do we really give a jot.  6 months from now it will all be forgotten, fans will move on eventually and support the players that will be playing in yella n green, it''s always happened and will continue to happen.  It''s called life, and it moves on, and so must we.

[/quote]

You think Huckerby is deadwood!!!!!!!!!

I like to see players that wern''t deadwood then!!

I very much doubt we''ll sign a left sided player as good as him!

Roeder has made some strange decisions, Hucks being the worst one!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I understand irony ironically, do you Wiz? [:^)] [;)][/quote] Oh do behave, you got caught out...............accept it.[/quote]

LMAO now thats funny, I got caught out?  Blimey you are the king of getting caught out, flip flopping to suit the mood of the fans and the club.  Wasn''t so long back you supported GR, now you call him names and slate the guy.  Talk about two faced, oh and that wasnt ironic, that was the truth (from my POV anyhow) [:)]

[quote user="scott"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I personally don''t care what Adam''s opinion of GR is, I, as a free thinking human being will make and form my own judgement about a person on merit and results.  I still back GR 100% and will do so for as long as I think he has earned it.

So he''s had a clear out of dead wood, and one of those happens to be Adam''s, another is Huckerby and a few other players, what''s the big deal, and in the grand scheme of things do we really give a jot.  6 months from now it will all be forgotten, fans will move on eventually and support the players that will be playing in yella n green, it''s always happened and will continue to happen.  It''s called life, and it moves on, and so must we.

[/quote]

You think Huckerby is deadwood!!!!!!!!!

I like to see players that wern''t deadwood then!!

I very much doubt we''ll sign a left sided player as good as him!

Roeder has made some strange decisions, Hucks being the worst one!

[/quote]

Yes I think Huck''s is dead wood, that is my opinion and when I last looked I was allowed one, as we all are.

I''m sorry but the guy was past his best and the club had to pay him decent wages, in fact I think he was one, if not the most highly paid players at NC, a luxury the club can do without.

So maybe you can tell me, apart from the last few games of this past season, when did Huck''s this season pull up any trees and make you say ''''wow, it was like he''d never been injured''''?

Stop being sentimental, and move on.

I think it''s sad that in Roeder we have someone who is clearly looking to change the very roots of the football club for it''s own benefit, yet the fans seem to think this is some personal, sadistic attack on staff at the club, staff who for too long have failed this club time and time again.

It''s about time this happened, and I for one will judge Roeder by the results it brings rather than the impressions it makes. Especially considering those impressions are made quite quickly with very little facts.

[quote user="Wings"]

I think it''s sad that in Roeder we have someone who is clearly looking to change the very roots of the football club for it''s own benefit, yet the fans seem to think this is some personal, sadistic attack on staff at the club, staff who for too long have failed this club time and time again.

It''s about time this happened, and I for one will judge Roeder by the results it brings rather than the impressions it makes. Especially considering those impressions are made quite quickly with very little facts.

[/quote]

I''m hoping he starts on the Chief Exec next week, and the ''Board of Directionless'' the week after. They''ve failed this club time and time again....Don''t you think?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m hoping he starts on the Chief Exec next week, and the ''Board of Directionless'' the week after. They''ve failed this club time and time again....Don''t you think?

[/quote]Yes because Roeder has the ability to sack his bosses. Don''t be silly.If  another board of directors will take over, then great. I''ll be happy to see the current bunch leave. I do think they lack the money to take us forward - but until another board of directors comes forward, I think it''s pointless going on about it in the monotonous manner you do.Now back to the topic at hand - Glenn Roeder''s back room reshuffle and Neil Adams being sacked.

It would appear that Mr Roeders inflated opinion of his own ability is only matched by his disdain for and belittling of the ability of others.

[quote user="Terry Fied"]

It would appear that Mr Roeders inflated opinion of his own ability is only matched by his disdain for and belittling of the ability of others.

[/quote]

What a load of clap trap! He isn''t doing this for his own perverted joy, he''s doing it because he feels it needs to be done for the good of this football club. Most of the fans agreed until he started doing it, and now our manager is being accused as being on some power trip.

It''s ridiculous - fans seem to want change without change ever occuring.  

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Yes because Roeder has the ability to sack his bosses. Don''t be silly.

If  another board of directors will take over, then great. I''ll be happy to see the current bunch leave. I do think they lack the money to take us forward - but until another board of directors comes forward, I think it''s pointless going on about it in the monotonous manner you do.

Now back to the topic at hand - Glenn Roeder''s back room reshuffle and Neil Adams being sacked.
[/quote]

Just to clip your ''all flap no fly'' ''''Wings''. If you read my above post, I didn''t say ''sack'' at all. Did I?

I hopefully await the moment when the manager has a ''pop'' at the Directionless Board''.....Now, back to the snickers in my hand....''Chomp, chew, s''luvverly, slurp''....Carry on ''Oh unmonotonous one''.....I''m all ears. [|-)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, its easy to sack underlings, what about the real Wasters.

Then pray do tell what you expect Roeder to do? Or is this yet another attempt to shoe horn your vendetta against the board into a conversation that''s a million miles away from it?

Change the record, Mello. It''s getting dull.

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="Terry Fied"]

[/quote]

What a load of clap trap! He isn''t doing this for his own perverted joy, he''s doing it because he feels it needs to be done for the good of this football club. Most of the fans agreed until he started doing it, and now our manager is being accused as being on some power trip.

It''s ridiculous - fans seem to want change without change ever occuring.  

[/quote]

My, my....Someone has ruffled your feathers. You sound just like Roeder the ''little belittler'' with your retort.[:|]

[quote user="Wings"]

Then pray do tell what you expect Roeder to do? Or is this yet another attempt to shoe horn your vendetta against the board into a conversation that''s a million miles away from it?

[/quote]

Why should I? Because you say so?

If anyone''s dull chum......

Top post camuldonum. Agreed that Adams should be one thing or the other - for years people on here have complained that he is too cagey in his comments, too close to the Club due to his employment there and yet they now complain when he is asked to leave.

And as for everyone complaining about Roeder, I''m pleased to see he''s getting to grips with some of the complacency at the Club.

For years we have been treated to players who seemed happy just to turn up and collect their wages and people (like Wizzy the Wiz) have come on this forum and criticised them for it after another ''no-show''. We have complained about the Academy not producing players of the right quality for the first team and people like Wizzy have complained about the state of the Academy after all the money that has been spent on it.

Now Roeder takes some tough decisions and shakes-up the team and the youth system and...you''re all complaining about it?!

Eh?

Make your minds up - do you want this Club transformed into one which can compete or not?

But are roeders''s "tough decisions" right? Some people on here harper as though glenn is the chosen one. But he has done this at every club and failed. He polarises the media and the fans and the staff at his old clubs and is doing that now. I am worried at whether we will take the same direction as watford and burnley and west ham took and be relegated. When roeder stops with the sweet talk and the be-littling of people he doesn''t "need" and actually give us results on the pitch then I will re-assured because currently he''s making the same noises he''s made in the past and the same ones that grant and worthy have made. And we all know where those paths ended up.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Answer my point; what do you expect Roeder to do concerning our stale board? Or are you just going to keep insulting me?

[quote user="jetstream"]Top post camuldonum. Agreed that Adams should be one thing or the other - for years people on here have complained that he is too cagey in his comments, too close to the Club due to his employment there and yet they now complain when he is asked to leave. And as for everyone complaining about Roeder, I''m pleased to see he''s getting to grips with some of the complacency at the Club. For years we have been treated to players who seemed happy just to turn up and collect their wages and people (like Wizzy the Wiz) have come on this forum and criticised them for it after another ''no-show''. We have complained about the Academy not producing players of the right quality for the first team and people like Wizzy have complained about the state of the Academy after all the money that has been spent on it. Now Roeder takes some tough decisions and shakes-up the team and the youth system and...you''re all complaining about it?! Eh? Make your minds up - do you want this Club transformed into one which can compete or not?[/quote]

What''s the opinion of the ''Official Club Ego-Massage Board'' then, Jetters?

I personally don''t mind Adams being ''relieved'' of his role as part-time under 14''s coach.....It''s just the lack of tactile manner displayed by the manager in swinging the hatchet.....

And, the only true way that the club will transform.....(as well as the squad), will be if the Board also has a massseeeeve shake-up. 

[quote user="Fellas"]But are roeders''s "tough decisions" right? Some people on here harper as though glenn is the chosen one. But he has done this at every club and failed. He polarises the media and the fans and the staff at his old clubs and is doing that now. I am worried at whether we will take the same direction as watford and burnley and west ham took and be relegated. When roeder stops with the sweet talk and the be-littling of people he doesn''t "need" and actually give us results on the pitch then I will re-assured because currently he''s making the same noises he''s made in the past and the same ones that grant and worthy have made. And we all know where those paths ended up.
[/quote]

All good points, but you have judged Roeder prior to him actually having done anything.

We can but wait and see what direction he takes us. All we can say is the top to toe overhaul is drastically needed - and has been for a long time.

The only way we''ll find out if Roeder is the right man to do it is if we give him the time and patience with which to do it.

[quote user="Wings"]

We can but wait and see what direction he takes us. All we can say is the top to toe overhaul is drastically needed - and has been for a long time.

The only way we''ll find out if Roeder is the right man to do it is if we give him the time and patience with which to do it.

[/quote]

But judging on his record that might well lead to an unretrievable situation. If it fails then unlike some other of his "clubs" there will be no money to make good the resulting mess.

[quote user="Wings"]

[quote user="Fellas"]But are roeders''s "tough decisions" right? Some people on here harper as though glenn is the chosen one. But he has done this at every club and failed. He polarises the media and the fans and the staff at his old clubs and is doing that now. I am worried at whether we will take the same direction as watford and burnley and west ham took and be relegated. When roeder stops with the sweet talk and the be-littling of people he doesn''t "need" and actually give us results on the pitch then I will re-assured because currently he''s making the same noises he''s made in the past and the same ones that grant and worthy have made. And we all know where those paths ended up.[/quote]

All good points, but you have judged Roeder prior to him actually having done anything.

[/quote]I haven''t judged roeder. I''m just concerned and skeptical. In the past, I''ve backed managers (particularly grant) only to let-down completely. He has to prove his worth to us fans. I agree an over-haul is needed. One has been needed since that fateful day in may 05.

I have to say that Wings last couple of posts have been a good read.

For ages people have been moaning about how we need a change from top to bottom and how we need to shake off the "little Norwich" tag. First attempt to do this by the new manager and suddenly its an outrage to do so. MAKE YOUR BLOODY MINDS UP!!!

Do you want a shake-up at NCFC?

Do you want to shake off the little Norwich tag?

We have to take risks. I neither support what hes doing or hate what hes doing, simply because we won''t know the outcome until its finished and tested. This is the first time in ages something like this has happened so perhaps its understandable some of you are shocked by all this but please just think carefully about it. All I see is a man trying to make some major changes because of the failings of the club over the last few seasons (although the main problem i.e the board, is still in place but thats another argument).

Heres one for everyone - If we changed Roeder right now and got a new man in, it could be ANYONE you like in this world, do you think the new manager would''ve kept the same regime or changed it? I bet £1mill that no matter who we got in to replace Roeder this culling (or something similar) probably would''ve occured anyway.

If it all fails then by all means blame Roeder (I''ll be the first in line if it does). It would then be his mess and his choices. And yes I know it "could be too late by then" but as I said earlier we have to take risks and give him his chance. Full stop.

Right, I need a beer.

Mello, I''m as critical of the Board as you are - that''s a completely different point.

I''m saying what paint_me_yellow is saying: it is time for a shake-up of the ''little old Naaaarwich'' tag and I would have thought you would be behind him for that.

I''ve said the same thing on the official site too, I find it odd that the most critical posters of the Club seem to have a problem with someone coming in and giving the whole place a thorough going over.

I''m not saying Roeder is above criticism and some of his decisions have been plain wrong (playing Henry against Leicester for example, the formation at Ipswich) but maybe they have to be seen in terms of a bigger picture.

Why not sack he tea lady, then i will be really impressed, come on, if we are going to get rid of the little old norwich tag, lets start by getting rid of people nearer the top.

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Answer my point; what do you expect Roeder to do concerning our stale board? Or are you just going to keep insulting me?

[/quote]

Insulting you? I''ve not insulted you........well, maybe toyed with you and been a ickle bit nasty. But anyway, I digress......

I expect Roeder to give the board an ultimatum....concerning funding and support. Worthy did it in a roundabout way when he was appointed manager, and succeeded in getting a large percentage of what he wanted. This, and bums on seats, is the only way that the Board of Directionless will sit up and take notice. Tomorrow and the ''Greatest Whatever'' is an insult to the support and current and former players - as it should have been entirely football orientated and not some jazzed up mediocre pop show. 

After the current situation we have found ourselves in after the last 3 or so years.....This board have sloped their shoulder''s so much, they''re walking around like pyramids with heads on. It just cannot go on.....

It is they, (and including the Chief Exec) that need a kick up the hearse. We so nearly dropped into oblivion this season, now, if that''s not a warning....I don''t really know what is.

Incidentally, they''ve remained awful silent regarding the Hucks situation and other recent matters, but on Boxing Day and Hucks arrival, then the Prem promotion those few years ago, we suffered from over-saturation of them....

Now, I must go, there''s a Guinness waiting for me at my favourite pub dearest Wingsy. I''d like buy you a pint, but you mustn''t drink and fly...8 hours from bottle to throttle (and all that) Ciao!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Why not sack he tea lady, then i will be really impressed, come on, if we are going to get rid of the little old norwich tag, lets start by getting rid of people nearer the top.[/quote]I do agree with you Ricky, for once [:)]. However, just look at what sacking Neil Adams has started! I dread to think what would happen if the Tea Lady was shown the door [:O]

Come on people, when Delia called us little old Norwich, almost everyone was moaning about that label. Now we have a manager who wants to change this attitude by the club and most people are now wanting him out. All I can say is keep up the good work Glen.

[quote user="jetstream"]Mello, I''m as critical of the Board as you are - that''s a completely different point. I''m saying what paint_me_yellow is saying: it is time for a shake-up of the ''little old Naaaarwich'' tag and I would have thought you would be behind him for that. I''ve said the same thing on the official site too, I find it odd that the most critical posters of the Club seem to have a problem with someone coming in and giving the whole place a thorough going over. I''m not saying Roeder is above criticism and some of his decisions have been plain wrong (playing Henry against Leicester for example, the formation at Ipswich) but maybe they have to be seen in terms of a bigger picture.[/quote]

Does the ''whole place'' include the hierarchy?.....I''m all for that!

I want Roeder to rattle the board, not just the playing and behind the scenes brigade......

I also don''t expect Roeder to thrust a carriage clock in a departing players grubby mitts and give him a peck on the cheek y''know! Just a bit of decorum when dealing with these matters.....Unless it''s the Chief Exec, then Glenn should give him a double salvo....and a few rockets rammed up the board''s ar.....

Pub Calls....Must go, and give my love to anyone who dislikes/dismembers me on the ''offy'' site.....Bye, Ciao, Harrydiversity. or something like that....

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]Why not sack he tea lady, then i will be really impressed, come on, if we are going to get rid of the little old norwich tag, lets start by getting rid of people nearer the top.[/quote]I do agree with you Ricky, for once [:)]. However, just look at what sacking Neil Adams has started! I dread to think what would happen if the Tea Lady was shown the door [:O][/quote]If Bertha the tea lady goes I shall be first to tear up the season ticket - she''s been serving her tea and scones since 1802 why should she go

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]Why not sack he tea lady, then i will be really impressed, come on, if we are going to get rid of the little old norwich tag, lets start by getting rid of people nearer the top.[/quote]

I do agree with you Ricky, for once [:)]. However, just look at what sacking Neil Adams has started! I dread to think what would happen if the Tea Lady was shown the door [:O]
[/quote]

If Bertha the tea lady goes I shall be first to tear up the season ticket - she''s been serving her tea and scones since 1802 why should she go[/quote]

Because she''s quite dead......?