Sign in to follow this  
NottsCanary

Your Lineup for Opening Game of the Season

With all this transfer talk I''ve heard from so many different people possibles and definites that I am wondering what everyones opinion is of our opening day of the season lineup...We could make some sort of competition out of this surely? Points for correct players?I''ll start off with a long shot but hey we can dream can''t we?                                MarshallOtsemobor      Gorkss         Taylor         Bertrand

Chadwick        Russell         Fozzy         Etherington

Rigters         EvansI''ve heard from someone Etherington, Rigters, Taylor are close to signing and Gorkss is possibility but Palace have inside track... Bertrand and Evans would be nice additions but can''t see it happening myselfLet''s see some more predictions, realistic or not who cares

Marshall

Otsemobor Makalele Taylor Bertrand

Ronaldo Butt Fabregas Etherington

Kaka Ronaldo (with Rooney as a sub).

Now there''s AMBITION.  with multiple exclamation marks.

if Fozzy goes then who do you reckon will be in his place? We haven''t

been linked with many centre midfielders, i can''t think of any apart

from Gibbs back on loan?

Marshall   

Otsemobor   Gorkks   Taylor   Drury   

Chadwick   Fozzie   Commons   Hoolahan   

Beckford   Rigters

Ventura

Otsemobor   Pepe   Perea   Bertrand

Bentley   Russell   Arteta   Ashley Young

C Evans   Dindane

[quote user="BarmyYarmy"]

Marshall

Drury

Shack

Doc

Semi

Chadwick

Fozzy

Rusty

Croft

Martin

Cureton

from Mr Positive Thinking!!!

[/quote]

unfortunately i think thatsd nearer the truth!

jas :)

[quote user="NottsCanary"]if Fozzy goes then who do you reckon will be in his place? We haven''t been linked with many centre midfielders, i can''t think of any apart from Gibbs back on loan?
[/quote]

perhaps ben watson weve been linked with him many times before. Dont think hed leave CP though.

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]come on people lets be positive. I honestly think we''ll sign about 8 players. yes good players at that.[/quote]

What do you base this optimism on, Dr Bunsen ?

[quote user="xKevin82x"]pointless topic.... lets wait and see who we sign.[/quote]why read it then? if i think a topic is pointless (and there are alot on this forum) then i tend not to open it...

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]come on people lets be positive. I honestly think we''ll sign about 8 players. yes good players at that.[/quote]I believe this also. If GR went to the board end of season and they told him there would be no money to spend would he have released 9 players? and not signed up Doc and Fozzy by now?Whats wrong with thinkin positive? Majority of this forum are all doom and gloom, nice to see a few positive posters out there :-)

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]come on people lets be positive. I honestly think we''ll sign about 8 players. yes good players at that.[/quote]
I believe this also. If GR went to the board end of season and they told him there would be no money to spend would he have released 9 players? and not signed up Doc and Fozzy by now?

Whats wrong with thinkin positive? Majority of this forum are all doom and gloom, nice to see a few positive posters out there :-)
[/quote]

My train of thought too

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

[quote user="NottsCanary"][quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]come on people lets be positive. I honestly think we''ll sign about 8 players. yes good players at that.[/quote]I believe this also. If GR went to the board end of season and they told him there would be no money to spend would he have released 9 players? and not signed up Doc and Fozzy by now?Whats wrong with thinkin positive? Majority of this forum are all doom and gloom, nice to see a few positive posters out there :-)[/quote]

My train of thought too

[/quote]If the board had said..."sorry Glenn there is no money for you this summer to spend" - he would have kept the nine players, including Huckerby, and worked with what he had, adding a few loans of course.We all know Norwich never release too many details on their transfer kitty so why would they start now?

I think it''s hard to make any detailed guesses, but what the hey!

I think Marshall will retain his place in goal with Declan Rudd providing back up. I think Gilks will be sold.

Right back will see a new player come in - Jack Cork from Chelsea would be my bet. I think Otsemobor will probably start on opening day, though with Cork as the versatile player on the bench for now.

At left back I hope we''ll see the return of Plastic Bertrand. He''s a class act and I think will start on the first day of the season ahead of Drury.

Center half I think one of Doc (after he signs a new contract) or Shack will be joined by Kasper Gorkss. If it were me, I''d play Doc with Gorkss and Shacks on the bench.

Right midfield will be David Bell with Luke Chadwick providing cover; Lee Croft will be sold.

Left midfield will be Matty Etherington with Matty Pattison providing cover.

Central midfield will be Russell and Fotheringham with someone else in to provide cover. No idea who - possibly this McDonald chap.

Finally your strikers; I''m going to guess Rasiak and Rigters with Curo on the bench.

So team is:

Marshall

Semi   Doc   Gorkss    Bertrand

Bell    Fozzy  Russell    Etherington

Rasiak  Rigters

Subs: Rudd, Shacks, Cork, Chadwick, Curo

Starting lineup

1.Marshall

2.Semmy

3.Doc

4.Taylor

5.Drury

6.Bell

7.Russell

8.Kewell

9.Ethrington

10.King

11.Martin

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

Starting lineup

1.Marshall

2.Semmy

3.Doc

4.Taylor

5.Drury

6.Bell

7.Russell

8.Kewell

9.Ethrington

10.King

11.Martin

[/quote]

we wouldnt have enough money for that even if we were promoted, what an ignorant football fan you really are

[quote user="Beaker"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

Starting lineup

1.Marshall

2.Semmy

3.Doc

4.Taylor

5.Drury

6.Bell

7.Russell

8.Kewell

9.Ethrington

10.King

11.Martin

[/quote]

we wouldnt have enough money for that even if we were promoted, what an ignorant football fan you really are

[/quote]pot kettle black.

[quote user="Beaker"][quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

Starting lineup

1.Marshall

2.Semmy

3.Doc

4.Taylor

5.Drury

6.Bell

7.Russell

8.Kewell

9.Ethrington

10.King

11.Martin

[/quote]

[/quote]

...............and what a highly intelligent individual you are.