Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Huth - The good news!

Is that Chelsea are apparently looking to loan him out for next season.

The bad news is that Birmingham amongst others are also looking to sign him and have the ability to pay a greater proportion if not all of his wages - ah well another dream fades.

However with the apparent clear out at Stamford Bridge - to reduce squad size and make way for this summers raft of players - there may be other players looking for a seasons loan that we could use? Melchiot has been consistent, Babayaro a bit too inconsistent, Ambrosio, Sullivan or Macho could do for a cover keeper, will Joe Cole get any further with the new boss than Ranieri. Yes I know most are pipe dreams but all have premier experience, have some class and we may even be able to get Chelski to pay part of their wages and as with Hux anything is possible.

OTBC

I would love us to get Huth. Absolutely love it. Unfortunately, like you say Zippers, I would have thought he''d go to a bigger club. Saw Villa linked this morning. Stranger things have happened though. I agree that we need to keep a close eye on Chelski. Apparantly Melchiot has offers from all over Europe do he might be out. Cole might go to a bigger club on loan. However, there must be bargains to be had, especially in the goalkeeper department.

Good post.

Why does everyone keep mentioning Huth. I have seen him play a few times and have not been at all impressed.

Maybe you are seeing something I am not.

I was hoping pompey would go down so we could get Linvoy Primus

Sorry, but in my view the good news will be when City deny interest.

Apart from having heavy feet and being clumsy, he also seems to have an attitude problem.
Ask Alan Shearer.

It looks like he can physically dominate ''lesser'' players, but that ''better'' players frustrate him into dangerous rashness.

Not at all in the City tradition of hard but fair.

OTBC

The guy would be a liability if we signed him, on the occasions I have watched him he has been lucky to stay on the pitch.

The only "good news" will be when we know he''s not comming here. Whenever I''ve seen him play he looks like an old woman. So much so I thought his name was Ruth. We dont want her, there are much better options about and that doesn''t include Terry Sheringham - come to think of it they might well be his next club. After all, that''s where people go to retire

couldn''t have put it any better myself - after seeing his actions recently I wouldn''t want the embarrassment of seeing him in a Norwich shirt. Maybe in a couple of years time when he''s grown up.

I agree the two times i have seen play in europe and another time Terry has carried him

might of been a good loan signing when we were div 1 but not now

Although that Voltz has done well at fulham and he did not look up to much at arsenal

Way too early to judge Huth. The verdict seems to be based on Shearer incident (big name, takes a certain kind of player to try and assert authority/take him down a peg or two in virtually your first game) and the Champions League performance (did anyone from Chelsea look good at the back aside from Terry?). Wouldn''t object if he came, but would rather a defender with more experience (of top-flight football, not the Malkay/Fleming variety). But then thats wages and round we go again. NW will come up trumps, I''m sure [...hoping].