Sign in to follow this  
missing in action?

Re: What happened to the fake Ispwich Star article?

Hmmm, the one I read was a send up of that official one you''ve just linked to. Admins, did you take it down? You''ve gotta admit it was very funny. As a journo myself it hit all the right notes and mocked over exaggerated, self-promoting articles.

I''ve googled, but have so far found nothing!

Reading that article puts me in mind of the bloke who does the deep thoaty voiceovers on Hollywood blockbusters - "In a time of hunger, he went to the shops to buy a pound of sprouts...." etc...

the article on the binnie paper site is rubbish too... the reporter is still waffling on like he has got some new Girlfriend!

jas :)

[quote user="buddhaboy"]that has to be one of the worst and laziest pieces of journalism ive ever seen.
[/quote]

The interesting thing to me is the absence of direct first person quotes - I''m guessing that was part of the interview agreement.

Makes it all a bit pointless really.  Perhaps "My Vision for Ipswich" is next year.

"Yes, the multi-millionaire could take control of ITFC for a bargain price and, without doubt, the group would being able to take over and dissipate the club''s huge debt - but there was another crucial factor.

Ipswich had “community” written large into its make-up."

i dont call getting debts written off from local businesses a ''community'' kind of thing

[quote user="plan b"]

"Yes, the multi-millionaire could take control of ITFC for a bargain price and, without doubt, the group would being able to take over and dissipate the club''s huge debt - but there was another crucial factor.

Ipswich had “community” written large into its make-up."

i dont call getting debts written off from local businesses a ''community'' kind of thing

[/quote]

Nor did the local businesses as I recall.  It sent a small firm bust in Colchester but I''m sure they entered into the community spirit of the whole thing.

It''s back! Yay. Thanks admins, I''m sure you had to make sure it was all coche and that. Cheers for putting it back up. Now I can share it with the world! If anyone needs someone to explain why it''s funny, then please ask. I might even set up a conference somewhere in the eastern regions.

It does read as though someone is giving someone lip service... How much of that is conjecture, and actual interview is dubious - it actually reads like the journalist has been handed a press release and told to fashion a story from it rather than a face-to-face interview, or even via phone.

If I''d handed that in at Uni when I was studying Journalism, I doubt I''d have got much more than 50-55% and a "nice, but you haven''t really done much with the subject matter."

This was my favourite bit :"Let the scene switch from Ipswich to the picture-postcard village of

Walsham le Willows, in Suffolk''s green sward north of Stowmarket. This

delightful village, home of the Six Bells pub - where frothing pints of

tasty Greene King IPA are quaffed by happy locals - is also home to the

agricultural and building merchants Clarke''s."
Pure Alan Partridge [:D]