Sign in to follow this  
Northern Yella

Unbelievable!

I have to say some of you lot are unbelievable and the reason I haven''t been on this fanzine message board for a while! Roeder describes keeping us up as his biggest achievement in football and some fans on here seem upset we didn''t make the playoffs or something!

We had a tiny squad of crap players when Roeder came and 9 points, our performance at QPR when we lost when Grant was manager was shocking and appalling. After that Plymouth game he installed belief, determination and a quality of football for 13 or so games which given the players at his disposal was phenomenal. Yes we went on a poor run, and performance level dropped, but we stayed up on a year when Leicester went down and Southampton (both big clubs) nearly joined them.

The Championship is a tough league full of teams who think they belong in the Premiership and with more clubs coming down from the big league with a huge financial advantage, and clubs coming up from League 1 more than capable of a promotion challenge next year it isn''t going to get any easier.

A top 10 finish next year would in my opinion be a success and I believe we should applaud Roeder if he does this. If any of you think this is failure I suggest you become a Manchester City fan and join their owner in his deluded wonderland.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I think it needed to be said.

Come on you Yellows

Oh get ready to be bashed for this realism. people will be dissecting it to try work out whether you are pro or anti board rather than perhaps simply like i am just a fan that sometimes thinks maybe they get it wrong and maybe they sometimes get it right. Yes this division is tough and to be honest i think it will take more than one season to compete for promotion but I think he has done right getting rid of the crap hangers on like the jarvis brothers, even if we will maybe need a few loanees next year to compete. The year after i would hope the squad would improve again n less would be needed and we could push for promotion with a good solid squad of our own. Maybe bearing in mind where we are a long term approach is needed