Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Fozzy signs contract

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The club is often barracked for not being ambitious and now that we have an ambitious captain people dont like it![/quote]Quite. There really are some moaning minnies on this board. It''s a lovely day, the cricket''s going a bit better. Fozzy''s signed a new contract. Kaka has been spotted in the toiletries aisle at Asda. What more do you want?

In terms of football he is a pretty average/ordinary player but he does appear to have real hunger and determination to do well which is obviously a good thing and it brings more grit to our team.

Only signing for a year suggests that he''ll be looking to move on if we''re not doing very well but I think what he''s got at Norwich is as good as it will ever get for him.

So if we accept that Ratty''s building a team for the future, how come the Captain has only signed a one year contract? some future building eh?.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]So if we accept that Ratty''s building a team for the future, how come the Captain has only signed a one year contract? some future building eh?.[:|][/quote]I seem to recall a recent thread by 1st wizard saying......Sod off Fozzy !

Now you''re complaining that he''s only signed up for one year. Make up your mind wiz.

I realise that you''re a very confused person but your total confusion is totally confusing me !  [*-)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]So if we accept that Ratty''s building a team for the future, how come the Captain has only signed a one year contract? some future building eh?.[:|][/quote]

read the posts posted.People explain alot of things old man.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]So if we accept that Ratty''s building a team for the future, how come the Captain has only signed a one year contract? some future building eh?.[:|][/quote]I seem to recall a recent thread by 1st wizard saying......Sod off Fozzy !

Now you''re complaining that he''s only signed up for one year. Make up your mind wiz.

I realise that you''re a very confused person but your total confusion is totally confusing me !  [*-)]

[/quote]

I''m complaining about nowt Lapps, just pointing out what Ratty boy said, but you''re always confused anyway, so whats new?[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

I''m complaining about nowt Lapps, just pointing out what Ratty boy said, but you''re always confused anyway, so whats new?[:D]

[/quote]

Calm down old man! [:D]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]So if we accept that Ratty''s building a team for the future, how come the Captain has only signed a one year contract? some future building eh?.[:|][/quote]

[/quote]

People explaining things on here mean jack all to me sonny..........quite a few live in Delia''s la la land, yourself included!.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

wiz still shaking the rattle and sucking the dummy.

my 10 year old nephew has more brains then you.grow up

[/quote]

Grow up yourself!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

People explaining things on here mean jack all to me sonny..........quite a few live in Delia''s la la land, yourself included!.

[/quote]old man thats a good one [:)]

On the BBC Sport site Fozzy is quoted as saying that he would have signed a longer contract had Roeder had his way. Seems to indicate that it''s Fozzy who only wants the year. Wants to see if GR''s plans become reality perhaps?

[quote user="crafty canary"]On the BBC Sport site Fozzy is quoted as saying that he would have signed a longer contract had Roeder had his way. Seems to indicate that it''s Fozzy who only wants the year. Wants to see if GR''s plans become reality perhaps?[/quote]

Hmm? I saw that on the Offy site too crafty............caused quite a stir on there did that!.

I think if I was in Fozzy''s position I would also be hesitant about getting a longer contract with Norwich. If we manage to attract so good players and push for a top 6 place next year he will probably want to extent his contract. If we get in a bunch of average players and scrap around in mid-table he will probably look for a way out.Is a bit of a risk for him though, if he has a bad season next year there will be less offers on his table and we all know what happens to players Roeder isn''t sure about...I''m glad he has signed, still unsure of his footballing skills, be he is a decent Championship midfielder and a good captain. Don''t think he and Russell should play together though, as it doesn''t give us much going forward.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Ratty[/quote]

Wiz, you are entitled to your opinion but is the constant personal abuse of a man you have never met really necessary? You have been on this way for weeks - in fact it is one of the few consistent things about you.  Well, it has been consistent since the days when you were apologising to him on here for being rude about him when he was appointed and saying what a good job he was doing...so consistent for you anyway.

It adds nothing to your argument but makes you look, how shall we say, a bit of a twat for want of a better expression.  Oh, and before you say it I am aware of the irony in accusing you of looking a twat for using personal abuse in these circumstances! [:$]

I feel sorry for Mrs Wiz and any little worlocks you have, it must be hell having such a morbid, negative and miserable bugger as you around the house forever complaining your wand doesnt work and you have run out of bats for your spells...it must be bad enough having to live in Lowestoft without that to contend with as well.

Can everyone please stop talking to Wiz on every good thread! He is a miser who winds people up just so he can get some attention because at his age he doesnt have any1 to talk to.

The way things are going this may as well be a Wiz chat room.

As for Fozzy i think he has shown his commitment whilst also not changing his mind about personal goals. If we do improve i believe he will stay. He was honoured to be captain of such a great club - with great fans and set-up but alsowont put up with mediocrity.

Well done Fozzy now lead us up that table!

Who is Paul Stephenson trying to kid ?!!

“We have just signed one, haven''t we?” he said, referring to Fotheringham. “He

had an excellent season and he improved a lot during it. He is very

reliable, has great leadership qualities and is a great person to have

around. “So that is a very positive signing and hopefully there will be some more in the near future.”Full link - http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED24%20May%202008%2010%3A44%3A48%3A247

It depends on your iew, i guess - he was one of the "15" (possible leavers), wasn''t he, and that he has re-signed means that is definitely one more player that we don''t need to get in.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

Can everyone please stop talking to Wiz on every good thread! He is a miser who winds people up just so he can get some attention because at his age he doesnt have any1 to talk to.

The way things are going this may as well be a Wiz chat room.

As for Fozzy i think he has shown his commitment whilst also not changing his mind about personal goals. If we do improve i believe he will stay. He was honoured to be captain of such a great club - with great fans and set-up but alsowont put up with mediocrity.

Well done Fozzy now lead us up that table!

[/quote]

How old are youYellow Ice?

What you and Peterboro really want is for everyone to conform to your beliefs.....................I won''t do that!............ever! [:|]

[quote user="king of latvia"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]old man thats a good one [:)][/quote]

I''m tired of all this playground bickerking with you King, likewise Delia''s Devonshire Dirtbox, so I''ll end my last conversation with you both with this thought:

For sure I''m an old man, but this old man has seen far better City legends play than a lot on here have.............or will!.

I''ve watched the best City teams ever, managed by the best ever managers. The games I''ve watched have been unbelievable and played in front of 33-35.000 sell out Carrow Road crowds.

All this overseen by an ambitious boardroom!.

Yes, I''m old, but I wouldn''t want to swap my years of memories, for your youth. What I have seen Norwich wise, will never ever happen again.

And I really do feel sad for you because of it.

And there speaks a bitter old man.

I treasure my memories, and I have stood in 42,000 Carrow Road sell out crowds. I have watched my heroes play for City right through from Tommy Bryceland to Darren Huckerby. I have enjoyed the highs and felt the hurt of the lows with my friends, children and now grand-children.

I don''t have to swap my memories for anything and anyone and I am lucky that I can enjoy those memories while still enjoying the present with fans young and old. Good times happen all the time. Darren Huckerby''s individual goal against Birmingham last season was as good as any I had in my memories as was Ched Evans super strike at Cardiff this season.

I''m afraid it''s you that I feel sad for because of that Wiz.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I treasure my memories, and I have stood in 42,000 Carrow Road sell out crowds.

[/quote]

I always thought our highest CR attendence ever was against Leciester in the FA Cup in the 60s, 35.000 it was, so where you get 42 thousand from is beyond me Nutty.................but I''m prepared to be proven wrong on this.

And of course I''m bitter, this prudence with everything board has made me so!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I treasure my memories, and I have stood in 42,000 Carrow Road sell out crowds.

[/quote]

I always thought our highest CR attendence ever was against Leciester in the FA Cup in the 60s, 35.000 it was, so where you get 42 thousand from is beyond me Nutty.................but I''m prepared to be proven wrong on this.

And of course I''m bitter, this prudence with everything board has made me so!.

[/quote]It was just under 44,000 wiz and I was there. You got the right match though. Bless ! [:D]

Drifting back on-topic...

I thik it''s a good thing Fotheringham has signed, if only because we can''t really afford to lose any more players. But I don''t think - unlike the EDP - that he has much "faith in City" if he''s only signed a one-year deal. Nor is he really committing his future here.

However I wouldn''t have been too sorry if he left - he''s a bit too hit and miss for me and not nearly as good as he thinks he is. I shall be disappointed if he is a first-team regular next year and if he is, I''ll be even more disappointed if he''s still the captain as I don''t think he''s really cut out for that.

I''m glad Fotheringham has signed up, disappointed it''s only for a year, and pretty fed up if they''re trying to pass this off as a "new" signing.