Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

A Message For Roeder...

[quote user="Norwich til I die"]

I can''t believe the stick and anger Glenn Roeder is receiving!!! Huckerby has been probably the best player I have seen in watching City over the last 20 years BUT there comes a time when it makes sense both financially and on the football front where someone has to move on. Huckerby is now past his best and is costing the club a bomb!  

As for Glenn''s achievements so far I think he has done very well to keep Norwich up. The team he inherited from Grant was awful and in my opinion without his contacts we would not have got all the loan players, thus getting relegated. If Evans and Bertrand hadn''t been signed I''m sure we would have been relegated.

Yes Roeder is going to have a job getting the quantity of players in who also have the quality but you need to give him time. 

[/quote]

Probably the best post in months. you sum it up so well and its simple.

Scott and Barclayman do you want to go and have a cry in the corner?

He''s gone, get over it?

People seem to forget he spent most of last season injured or out of form, we were in trouble and we need to find a new team.

As good as he may or not be, we didn''t miss him last season until he decided to turn up 6 games from the end of the season still collecting his 10k a week and we now need to build for the future so lets get over this and get behind our team.

I get awfully frustrated at some of the decisions made at our club though I don''t cry over them as theres more important things in the world!

The fact remains that letting Hucks go is very likely to prove a p*ss poor decision and those who are saying get over it and move on are very very blinkered indeed. Yes I''ll move on cause I have done when supporting this club for many years but it won''t make it right.

I agree totally that Hucks didn''t have a good season by his huge standards but he was still our most potent attacking force ahead of the crap loanees who played in his position, Pattison, Bertrand and the look good but mostly no end product performances of our other natural winger Croft!

Hucks suffered with an injury which kept him out of pre season and the early games. When he came back he was playing in a side that had lost faith in its manager and was playing like it. When Roeder came in he played Hucks sparingly, dropping him for out their depth loanees - the Leicester away game where Hucks was shopping in Norwich while the woeful Henry played on the left was particularly painfull and playing him out of position on the right. When Roeders tinkering had taken such a toll that we had a number of must win games at the end of the seaon in order to stay up then Roeder surprise surprise started playing Hucks more regularly and this run of games allowed Hucks to build up momemtum and he was one of best performers when we managed to scrape up the points needed.  

The same as the Hucks situation like those who suggest we get rid of Doc, Fotheringham and Cureton, get real and look at the facts - We''ve got a painfully thin squad, the board is unlikely to give Roeder that much money and Roeders record since January isn''t  good. Getting rid of our better players is not an option and Leicesters current predicament could be ours unless somehow we can build up the squad with players good enough. A whole possee of crap young loan players will see us struggle big time.

I sincerely hope Roeder produces cause I want the club to do well and I''ll back the team like I''ve done for longer than many who post on here I''d suggest, but I said Worthy was past it a year before the board finally got rid and saw the signs in Grant early on so I''ll trust my judgement which surprise surprise Sutton and Iwan Roberts who know more than any of us both agreed with in the EDP in the last couple of weeks. 

Scott, I feel the point being made by myself and others on this thread is the fact that the decision has been made and Hucks has now gone.  I was as gutted as anybody about the decision to let him go because I personally felt he had at least one more season in him, even if it meant keeping him as a 20 minute a game bench warmer.

However there is no point slagging Roeder of until we see what he has to offer during the window and into next season. We cannot as a set of fans continually attempt to hound out managers because we do not agree with their decisions.  This club is in dire need of a least one season of managerial stability. Lets let Glenn Roeder get on with what he has to do and then judge him on results not on managerial decisions we do not agree with. All these Huckerby threads, although valid have now run there course and we all(club and fans)need to move on and look to the future. Hopefully that future will be a good one.  

Agree totally and like I said I hope Roeder is successful at Norwich, gets the time hes needs cause we need stability but I just feel it won''t happen looking at his actions since January. I just feel that its suicidal letting your best platyers go when theres no guarantee that we''ll be able to get enough quality replacements in. Afterall we just scraped away from going down courtesy of beating QPR who lets be honest handed the game to us on a plate. Leicester going down this season and looking at other well supported clubs in the past show we cannot be complacent and think that whatever just cause we get 24000+ every home that we''ll never get relegated from the Championship.. Thats why Roeder needs to know that fans aren''t happy at his actions!

I didn''t start this thread but agree with it and was just replying to all those who slagged the poster who started this thread of just cause he told the truth. People listen too much to the local media who are all afraid to say it as it is. How many people you know are comfortable with the decisions Roeders made since January?

- The answer from me would be no one and I suspect that many others would say the same, but yes lets wait and see!

Barclayman you are a f**king tool. Everyone is entitled to their opinion it seems extreamly sad that you still hung up on this huckerby issue, i felt it was time for him to go sorry if im in the minority here but i''ve been a fan long enough to see that one player does not make a team and look at the talent we have lost in the past her one of many thats pasted through the club. This football club can only grow and muppets like who and several others need to get behind roeder.

As for comments like you would act the tough man if this convo was face to face grow up i think you should of stuck to the name barclayboy!

[quote user="scott"]

Agree totally and like I said I hope Roeder is successful at Norwich, gets the time hes needs cause we need stability but I just feel it won''t happen looking at his actions since January. I just feel that its suicidal letting your best platyers go when theres no guarantee that we''ll be able to get enough quality replacements in. Afterall we just scraped away from going down courtesy of beating QPR who lets be honest handed the game to us on a plate. Leicester going down this season and looking at other well supported clubs in the past show we cannot be complacent and think that whatever just cause we get 24000+ every home that we''ll never get relegated from the Championship.. Thats why Roeder needs to know that fans aren''t happy at his actions!

I didn''t start this thread but agree with it and was just replying to all those who slagged the poster who started this thread of just cause he told the truth. People listen too much to the local media who are all afraid to say it as it is. How many people you know are comfortable with the decisions Roeders made since January?

- The answer from me would be no one and I suspect that many others would say the same, but yes lets wait and see!

[/quote]

Agree with you Scott...

Like I have said all along... Roeder has done a fantastic job to keep City up, but I still don''t rate the guy and think that he will not be here by Christmas.

Even Grant done well in his first 6 months in charge... [;)]

The underhand way in which Hucks was shown the door says everything about the way our club is run at the moment... from the spineless fools in the boardroom, through the management team and the majority of our players, right down to the majority of spineless fools in the stands who are prepared to back those taking the pee out of them no matter what!!!

The great Smudger agrees with me!

Well I must be right!

Getting rid of one of our best players in our current predicament doesn''t make sense, however repetitive it may seem to some fans!!

[quote user="scott"]

The great Smudger agrees with me!

Well I must be right!

Getting rid of one of our best players in our current predicament doesn''t make sense, however repetitive it may seem to some fans!!

[/quote]

You are Scott... and like you say this is the authorised Smudger seal of approval... [Y]

[quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

Seriously bored now.

[/quote]

Don''t look at this thread then!!

Its simple really!

I''m getting bored of continued underachievement and shite decisions at Carrow Road!

i agree with you totally as having a season ticket since 1978 roeder has made the most stupid decision ive seen apart from when another great player malky was shown the door

[quote user="xKevin82x"]

Barclayman you are a f**king tool. Everyone is entitled to their opinion it seems extreamly sad that you still hung up on this huckerby issue, i felt it was time for him to go sorry if im in the minority here but i''ve been a fan long enough to see that one player does not make a team and look at the talent we have lost in the past her one of many thats pasted through the club. This football club can only grow and muppets like who and several others need to get behind roeder.

As for comments like you would act the tough man if this convo was face to face grow up i think you should of stuck to the name barclayboy!

[/quote]I most certainly would my friend, if you spoke to me verbally abusing me the way you are, the point is your happy to do it via the internet so your the one who needs to grow up.And more importantly, you call me a f##king tool and a muppet because im still gutted Hucks has gone? Dont you realise how ridiculous your comments sound? Are we no longer to have an opinion on something unless it meets with the majority''s views?Just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me a muppet and a f##king tool does it....