Sign in to follow this  
stan the man

Leigh Bromby?

Now i know he has been playing for second div Sheffield wednesday, He has just been released by the club but he showed promise when he was with us last term. Could he be a player that could handle himself in the premier league, he''s young and quite tall and his throw is like a corner. Is he worth a look? Leon has proven that it''s not the league your in it''s the player. He would be very cheap.

but then again leon was thriving in division 2,while bromby has been released,i dont really think he is up to it especially in the prem

I think you''ve hit the nail on the head re: injuries, silver fox. Don''t think he''s played much at all this season, hence probably the reason they want to let him go. Shame. I thought he looked useful for us when on loan, but Prem. quality...I don''t know.

I have a Wednesday fan as a friend who has seen them numerous times this season, he is delighted that he has now been released - Enough said!

I don''t like the thought of buying a relegated defender either!(see Leicester city)

Injury problem, surely its in his head, couldn''t agree terms evidently.

How do you feel now Leigh, the Conference is a good standard, what a pill**k.

The guy did a fantastic job last season for us as cover...someone with real potential. He is available for free so we can''t go far wrong. He could come in on trial for us to see how things go. I think we should snap him up as he was very low on confidence at Sheff Wed.

Jeeeeeezus, I can''t believe anyone is actually considering this. He was very average when he was here. You should be setting your standards much higher, there are probably 500 available players who are better.

Well said Jonzey - I only saw him play twice in his loan spell (I think he made about five appearances???) and he very shaky to me. Whilst he avaiable on a free, he''d be wasting valuable wages. I don''t see the point of signing someone no better than what we already have. If he''s the best centre half available to us, then I say stick with Flem and Malky!!

Come on guys - we''re Premiership now.

This guy only supplemented what we had when we had little cover. Average player with good long throw. Shackell''s infinitely better.

If he is so good, Wednesday just wouldn''t be where they are now.

Wouuld suit a certain club we all know well with a wobbly defence.