Sign in to follow this  
conker

Give Hucks one more game: Update

Hello all,I posted on here a few days ago about a group to gauge interest in a one off game to say goodbye to Hucks, so far we have over 400 members in less than 48 hours, but we need more.If you are interested, you can view the group below and sign up.  If you know anyone else who may be interested, please let them know.Thank you for your time.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14482674226&ref=mf

Who''s going to play in this game then, the club won''t let any of our players take part in any games out of season because of injury worries and most footballers are off on holiday at the beginning of June.

[quote user="cityangel"]Who''s going to play in this game then, the club won''t let any of our players take part in any games out of season because of injury worries and most footballers are off on holiday at the beginning of June.[/quote]And as much as Hucks says he loves us all, I''m pretty sure he wouldn''t play a game unpaid and risk injuring himself when he doesn''t have another club and if he does get another club, I''m pretty sure they won''t let him go off and play a game and risk injuring himself.What I''m basically saying is "LET. IT. GO" (not directed at you CA, just the idea of a farewell game in general)

[quote user="Jonny 5"][quote user="cityangel"]Who''s going to play in this game then, the club won''t let any of our players take part in any games out of season because of injury worries and most footballers are off on holiday at the beginning of June.[/quote]

And as much as Hucks says he loves us all, I''m pretty sure he wouldn''t play a game unpaid and risk injuring himself when he doesn''t have another club and if he does get another club, I''m pretty sure they won''t let him go off and play a game and risk injuring himself.

What I''m basically saying is "LET. IT. GO" (not directed at you CA, just the idea of a farewell game in general)
[/quote]

Thats fine , it wasn''t my idea anyway and thats why I was asking the question cause although its a nice thought its never going to happen.

I reckon we should just go and hijack a game of either Colchester, Sunderland, MLS or wherever he ends up and just fill the atmosphere with Huckerby chants!

[quote user="Freeza"]I reckon we should just go and hijack a game of either Colchester, Sunderland, MLS or wherever he ends up and just fill the atmosphere with Huckerby chants![/quote]

Good idea [:)]

[quote user="Freeza"]I reckon we should just go and hijack a game of either Colchester, Sunderland, MLS or wherever he ends up and just fill the atmosphere with Huckerby chants![/quote]

I''ve joined the facebook group, but I think this does sound the best idea so far, am concerned as to organisation of anything else.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]What a ridiculous idea. This will never happen.[/quote]But at least it''s a more productive way for fans to vent their frustration/disappointment at the decision than calling for demonstrations, sack the manager and so on. I''m behind this 100%, it''d be a lovely gesture and also a way for the club to make some more money with gate receipts. Even though he''s a free agent now, I wonder if there''s any way his new club would release him to play some part (even a 15-minute cameo) in our pre-season friendly against Spurs, for example? I''m all for moving on, water under the bridge and all that, but there are thousands of fans just like me who never got the chance to say goodbye to a true hero.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]What a ridiculous idea. This will never happen.[/quote]
 I''m all for moving on, water under the bridge and all that, but there are thousands of fans just like me who never got the chance to say goodbye to a true hero.
[/quote]

that is one hundred percent correct. well done coelho[:(]

still cant believe he''s gone [:''(]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]What a ridiculous idea. This will never happen.[/quote]
But at least it''s a more productive way for fans to vent their frustration/disappointment at the decision than calling for demonstrations, sack the manager and so on. I''m behind this 100%, it''d be a lovely gesture and also a way for the club to make some more money with gate receipts. Even though he''s a free agent now, I wonder if there''s any way his new club would release him to play some part (even a 15-minute cameo) in our pre-season friendly against Spurs, for example? I''m all for moving on, water under the bridge and all that, but there are thousands of fans just like me who never got the chance to say goodbye to a true hero.
[/quote]

You''re spot on Coelho, something like this would actually help us move on. 

The difficulty with the pre-season friendly is that I cannot see any way on earth that Roeder or the club would allow it.

But where there''s a will there''s a way. 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]What a ridiculous idea. This will never happen.[/quote]But at least it''s a more productive way for fans to vent their frustration/disappointment at the decision than calling for demonstrations, sack the manager and so on. I''m behind this 100%, it''d be a lovely gesture and also a way for the club to make some more money with gate receipts. Even though he''s a free agent now, I wonder if there''s any way his new club would release him to play some part (even a 15-minute cameo) in our pre-season friendly against Spurs, for example? I''m all for moving on, water under the bridge and all that, but there are thousands of fans just like me who never got the chance to say goodbye to a true hero.[/quote]

You''re spot on Coelho, something like this would actually help us move on. 

The difficulty with the pre-season friendly is that I cannot see any way on earth that Roeder or the club would allow it.

But where there''s a will there''s a way. 

[/quote]

I would imagine that Roeder would be too pragmatic to allow that to happen. While I''m behind him 100%, there are a lot of fans whose faith in him has dissipated severely over this affair, and while time heals, it would be a great way to heal the wounds and move on. I don''t hold out much hope of it happening, but the very best of luck to the organisers.

I understand the reasons, and admire the way you''ve gone about it. But I just don''t think this is feasible in today''s football world. Possibly when Huckerby has retired something like this MIGHT happen. Some people are acting like he''s dead!

if Hucks signs for a new club quickly then its never going to happen.. they simply wont release him to play in a mickey mouse game to say goodbye to former fans incase he gets injured...

jas :)