Sign in to follow this  
Duke of Muck

is this a joke glen?

anyone else failing to see the funny side about eagle being given a new contract and not huckerby? i''m sure eagle may have something about him but giving him a deal and not hucks just defies any sort of logic or belief

Eagles is young with his whole career if front of him and he will be getting paid a fraction of the wages that Hucks would have been on.  Can''t see the problem really

Interesting that Roeder has said regarding Eagle, "He''s going to sign a new one-year contract. That''s because I think he''s not a bad player"Is Huckerby bad then?

eagle is one for the future.  roedy obviously didn''t believe hucks fitted into his present plans.  i''ve finished my blubbing for dazza now - i''m waiting to see who roedy brings in, cos surely he wouldn''t let hucks go without having a ''good as'' replacement in his sights - wouldn''t he???

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Interesting that Roeder has said regarding Eagle, "He''s going to sign a new one-year contract. That''s because I think he''s not a bad player"

Is Huckerby bad then?
[/quote]

Talk about putting words into someones mouth!

Pretty simple - Huckerby 10k-15k a week, 32 years old, Eagle £500-1k a week, 19/20 years old. I suspect Huckerby is still just a little better though, so know where you''re coming from!

Huckerby was released because, and I quote "I''ve targetted one or two other players that are a lot younger that I think I can bring to the club to play in that position and, hopefully, give us good service." and "if I get the one that I''m particularly thinking about it will be a real pleasant surprise".

Not because Robert Eagle is staying.

You can''t compare them, give the young lad a chance. He''s not a direct replacement for Hucks for crying out loud.

[quote user="Wings"]

Huckerby was released because, and I quote "I''ve targetted one or two other players that are a lot younger that I think I can bring to the club to play in that position and, hopefully, give us good service." and "if I get the one that I''m particularly thinking about it will be a real pleasant surprise".

Not because Robert Eagle is staying.

[/quote]

I look forward to that surprise, hopefully it happens soon!