Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Roeder's comments about Eagle...

I read the new page in the Evening News about Eagle getting a 1 year contract. Is it just me or does Roeders attitude seem to be a bit smug and up his own arsh?

I guess he''s hurting about the Hucks backlash!

Seemed to me like he was giving a message to a few of the departing youngsters, and possibly some that are still with us, that they need to earn their living.  Personally I think that is a good thing if we are ever going to get any success out of the academy.

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]Seemed to me like he was giving a message to a few of the departing youngsters, and possibly some that are still with us, that they need to earn their living.  Personally I think that is a good thing if we are ever going to get any success out of the academy.[/quote]sure eagles obviously got a good attitude, and hopefully is showing that he has some good potential to roedy.  i for one see eagle as a star in the making - with natural physical improvement.  hopefully he''ll get the energy and strength he needs this year to finally make the big step up from boys to mens footy...

What was so smug about it?! I just think Roeder likes certain attributes in young players and Eagle has these, the likes of Martin and the Jarvis brothers do not. I do hope Eagle has cut his hair though.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

sure eagles obviously got a good attitude, and hopefully is showing that he has some good potential to roedy.  i for one see eagle as a star in the making - with natural physical improvement. 

hopefully he''ll get the energy and strength he needs this year to finally make the big step up from boys to mens footy...
[/quote]

Eagle is already 21 I think.  Still time on his side, seems to lack pace and strength.  If he has the tricks like McVeigh perhaps he could be good enough otherwise I don''t see him making the grade.

Then again what do I know, I have only seen him play on a couple of occasions! [:D]

Well done to Eagle, and I hope he does develop into a decent player. I just feel Glenns comments were a bit like talking about a kid at a under 10''s game at school trying to get into the school team.

Maybe it''s just because I''m hurting after the Hux debacle. I''ll get over it after a bucket full of amber nectar tonight!

I must admit I don''t really rate Eagle, a good left foot but didn''t seem to have much else when I''ve seen him play. Good on the lad though if he''s working hard and showing determination to make himself a success at this club.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If Eagle''s so good, how come he hardly figured last year?.[:S][/quote]Remember he''s still young wiz, 21 i think. Thats enough time to develop strength. One year could make a big difference. Last year we had Huckerby, too. [;)]

Well done to eagle. I think he deserves it, and deserved more of a run out this year after some good first team and reserve performances last year. If what roeder is saying is true (about the gym) then I can expect him to improve no end next season.

Good luck to the lad.  Personally he does not impress me but I have not seen much of him to be honest, those who attend reserve games regularly seem to see something in him though.  He is young and another year will do him no harm - maybe if we get the wide player that Roeder was mentioning today he may end up on loan somewhere and that might do him the world of good.

Huckerby, a legend who still poccess that extra dimension to torment opposing defences, not as good as he was but still highly effective loves the club, plays his heart out for the cause, expensive in wages although part of his money was supplied by a sponsor, would of accepted a reduction in wages and by far the best we had in his left sided position - OUT

Eagle, Inexperienced squad player who if I''m not mistaken didn''t play at all for the 1st team last year, technically OK but slow for a wide left sided player and doesn''t look like like hes going to make the grade - IN

I don''t understand this crap decision Glen!

And before anyone suggests otherwise, yes I do often go to reserve games!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"]Seemed to me like he was giving a message to a few of the departing youngsters, and possibly some that are still with us, that they need to earn their living.  Personally I think that is a good thing if we are ever going to get any success out of the academy.[/quote]sure eagles obviously got a good attitude, and hopefully is showing that he has some good potential to roedy.  i for one see eagle as a star in the making - with natural physical improvement.  hopefully he''ll get the energy and strength he needs this year to finally make the big step up from boys to mens footy...[/quote]he definitely needs that....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sure eagles obviously got a good attitude, and hopefully is showing that he has some good potential to roedy.  i for one see eagle as a star in the making - with natural physical improvement.  hopefully he''ll get the energy and strength he needs this year to finally make the big step up from boys to mens footy...[/quote]

Eagle is already 21 I think.  Still time on his side, seems to lack pace and strength.  If he has the tricks like McVeigh perhaps he could be good enough otherwise I don''t see him making the grade.

Then again what do I know, I have only seen him play on a couple of occasions! [:D]

[/quote]Do you not think he looks a bit like mcveigh with his girly hair? lol