Sign in to follow this  
rodentwatch

Ched, Earnie, Bothroyd or Eastwood?

We''d never get Ched for £1.5m, I doubt we''d get him regardless of how much.

Bothroyd has been transfer listed, he would be cheaper. Earnie and Eastwood I reckon would be around the £1.5m mark though. I reckon that we''ll bid for at least 1 of these players, and ched on loan, during the summer.

Ched on loan and Earnie for £1.5m, i think that would be a good front line! And before the Earnie bashes come out to play he would get 25 goals easy.

I would take Bothroyd.  Not overly big, but strong and with a nasty streak.  We need footballers like that, we need to be more horrible.  I think that is the path Glen wants to go down and partly the reason why Huckerby is gone but Doc and Fozzy are staying.  We need to start making teams hate coming to Carrow Road, partly because we are good and partly because they know they are going to get a good kicking.  Lets look at all the teams who finished up top this season, all big strong teams who play the game in a more physical manner.

Why is Evans so unrealistic?

Man City have mega millionxs, the chances of him getting in the their first team are remote i would say, Evans is pushing for a wales call up and isn''t going to want to rot in the reserves. Therefore, where could he go? After 6 months in the championship i cant see many Prem clubs prepared to give him regualr first team football, so for now the Championship may be his best bet. And then Norwich would be near the top of the queue, liked his time here, liked by the fans and liked By Glen Roeder. Price £2 Million inc'' installments top whack i reckon, and if there are some of the turners or delias cash to splash then it could well happen.

He''d be top of my list...

Earnshaw - Jumped ship before, is he what we really want, though his record cant be criticized.

Bothroyd - Not up to it, certainly not consistnet enough.

Eastwood - Has potential, but a strange one, poor season at a club we hope to rival. A gamble.

[quote user="jimmy500"]I would take Bothroyd.  Not overly big, but strong and with a nasty streak.   [/quote]

Isn''t Jay Bothroyd well over 6 foot tall?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="jimmy500"]I would take Bothroyd.  Not overly big, but strong and with a nasty streak.   [/quote]

Isn''t Jay Bothroyd well over 6 foot tall?

[/quote]

Yeh, and isn''t he sh**!!! He is not the answer to our problems upfront.

I would suggest Ched isn''t out of the realms of belief. He is a terrific player, who''s player is only going to go up. I would sign him whatever the cost may be - although the figure I heard being quoted was £3m. I would snap their hands off, if that was the case.

I would have Earnie for the money, Ched on loan, then I would try for Eastwood. Bothmoody, well there are better players out there and I don''t think he is an out and out big man.

If we want a player who kicks out at anyone who comes near him then Bothroyd is the man we must go for. I reckon Jonson felt that kick for a while after the incident. Was the only thing Bothroyd did all game, not up to much at all.

Evans - Yes!

Quality full stop!

Earnie - Yes! - If the price was right cause he is a proven goalscorer at this level. Ignore all the pricks who slate him for leaving - If you was offered much more money to do the same job we''d all jump!

Eastwood - Yes - Again if the price was right!

Looked brilliant at Southend but it all went wrong at Wolves which makes me wonder if he is going to turn out to be a lower league player only?

Worth a gamble if the price isn''t extortionate!

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]I would suggest Ched isn''t out of the realms of belief. He is a terrific player, who''s player is only going to go up. I would sign him whatever the cost may be - although the figure I heard being quoted was £3m. I would snap their hands off, if that was the case.[/quote]

Agreed - Ched is still young and learning the game. If we signed him permenently he would increase in value without doubt. If we can get him for £3m (which realistically is what he is worth) we would be getting an absolute bargain.

I''m sorry but am I the only one that thinks Ched is not worth £3million?Sure he may have huge potential but as of yet it is not guaranteed. When we signed Earnshaw he was proven at this level - in some ways Ched is still finding his feet. Sure he has quality all over him but not 20 goals a season plus - that is what Earnshaw had and has.I think £1.5million is a fair price.The other player who we seem to keep being linked with is Nathan Tyson - target man and has a reasonable goal scoring record. Another that may be in that price bracket.

1.5m for bothroyd? yes please

eastwood - going to coventry for 2m

bothroyd - has potential, got real cracking shot, v.lazy player! but when he wants to play can defiantly play. hold the ball up well and wins majority of headers outside the box (although does score to many with his head)

cost you 500k-700k at guess

"...in some ways Ched is still finding his feet. Sure he has quality all over him but not 20 goals a season plus - that is what Earnshaw had and has."

If Ched had played in all games he probably would have hit 20 this season ( 28 apps (incl. subs) = 10 goals, you do the maths).

He''s only going to get better and he does not need time off to visit his mates in the Chocolate Factory either.

[quote user="chicken"]I''m sorry but am I the only one that thinks Ched is not worth £3million?

[/quote]I''m with you and don''t think Evans if worth that much money, yet.He has bags of potential but vaule is based on his worth to both Man City and Norwich. As Man City are pretty rich and have a lot of good strikers, and looking to buy more probably so Evans is surplus to requirements, especially if a new manager comes in and wants to change things around. So this could push his value down to under a million to get a quick sale.However, Evans has become a fans favourite here and Man City will know that, so I would say his value is 1.5million for Norwich 1 million for everyone else (if that high). If Ishmael Miller is only worth 750k then Evans has to be around that vaule surely.

[quote user="Jonny 5"][quote user="chicken"]I''m sorry but am I the only one that thinks Ched is not worth £3million?

[/quote]

I''m with you and don''t think Evans if worth that much money, yet.

He has bags of potential but vaule is based on his worth to both Man City and Norwich. As Man City are pretty rich and have a lot of good strikers, and looking to buy more probably so Evans is surplus to requirements, especially if a new manager comes in and wants to change things around. So this could push his value down to under a million to get a quick sale.

However, Evans has become a fans favourite here and Man City will know that, so I would say his value is 1.5million for Norwich 1 million for everyone else (if that high). If Ishmael Miller is only worth 750k then Evans has to be around that vaule surely.

[/quote]

.i personally dont think evans is worth 3m yet! i mean how many goals did he score in this league? miller scored more in less games as someone sort of mentioned above

if you offered me evans or frazier campbell - im pretty sure i would take campbell as he is more the finished product. evans looks to have great potential but will he live it like so many people who had similar potential his age? only a minority seem to crack it.

if you looking for loan of mancity how about sturridge on years loan?

[quote user="rodentwatch"]Who would you take if we had £1.5 million to spend. [/quote]Ha ha ha ha ha!Ahem.Sorry, something stuck in my throat.

[quote user="scott"]

Eastwood - Yes - Again if the price was right!

Looked brilliant at Southend but it all went wrong at Wolves which makes me wonder if he is going to turn out to be a lower league player only?

Worth a gamble if the price isn''t extortionate!

[/quote]

How can you think he will turn out to be a lower league player when he scored 20 goals for Southend when they got RELEGATED last season from the Championship, god knows why McCarthy didn''t play him more at Wolves considering at the start of the season he scored 3 in 3 he would be a great buy for Norwich but I think he will be looking for a TOP championship club unfortunately and Norwich are not one of them at the moment.

IF Roeder is given sufficient funds to spend £1.5m on ONE player then Ched. None of the others have potential. If we are building for the future we want players Glenn can mould into his own.

I seriously worry about whether we will have this kind of money to spend on one player though. More like that sum for the whole budget.

[quote user="Jonny 5"][quote user="chicken"]I''m sorry but am I the only one that thinks Ched is not worth £3million?

[/quote]

I''m with you and don''t think Evans if worth that much money, yet.

He has bags of potential but vaule is based on his worth to both Man City and Norwich. As Man City are pretty rich and have a lot of good strikers, and looking to buy more probably so Evans is surplus to requirements, especially if a new manager comes in and wants to change things around. So this could push his value down to under a million to get a quick sale.

However, Evans has become a fans favourite here and Man City will know that, so I would say his value is 1.5million for Norwich 1 million for everyone else (if that high). If Ishmael Miller is only worth 750k then Evans has to be around that vaule surely.

[/quote]

I also agree with that, Evans worth 3mill is like saying he is a better player than when Dean Ashton came here (because we paid 3mil in Janruary so the price was inflated) and personally I would take Ashton every day of the week...

I honestly reckon we could get Ched for about 750k, obviously plus some very big add ons i.e sell on, goals target, appearance target, promotion payment etc.  I think Bothroyd could cost as little as 300k as Wolves look to create spaces in the squad and room with the wage budget.  I like the idea of Bothroyd and Ched personally....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]IF Roeder is given sufficient funds to spend £1.5m on ONE player then Ched. None of the others have potential. If we are building for the future we want players Glenn can mould into his own.

I seriously worry about whether we will have this kind of money to spend on one player though. More like that sum for the whole budget.[/quote]Not sure I can agree with that; I appreciate Eastwood is 24, but I still think there''s more of his potential to be realised. Beyond that, I''d have to ask if we can afford to get potential; we need players of proven ability, and while Ched isn''t totally unproven thanks to his previous loan spell, Eastwood and Earnshaw are both considerably more proven at this level than Ched is.I''d have Ched back in a shot - but I think not at the expense of a proven goalscorer like Eastwood or Earnie. I''d also have Bothroyd to give us that mean streak - and I think he''d be relatively cheap.

I agree - why is Evans unrealistic.  If you saw his passion at the end of the season you know that he likes it here and why would he not with some sort of release clause if we dont go up not come here? 

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Why is Evans so unrealistic?

Man City have mega millionxs, the chances of him getting in the their first team are remote i would say, Evans is pushing for a wales call up and isn''t going to want to rot in the reserves. Therefore, where could he go? After 6 months in the championship i cant see many Prem clubs prepared to give him regualr first team football, so for now the Championship may be his best bet. And then Norwich would be near the top of the queue, liked his time here, liked by the fans and liked By Glen Roeder. Price £2 Million inc'' installments top whack i reckon, and if there are some of the turners or delias cash to splash then it could well happen.

He''d be top of my list...

Earnshaw - Jumped ship before, is he what we really want, though his record cant be criticized.

Bothroyd - Not up to it, certainly not consistnet enough.

Eastwood - Has potential, but a strange one, poor season at a club we hope to rival. A gamble.

[/quote]

Who said 3 million?  He would go for around £2 million with potential adds on if promoted.  And that for a young striker of his strength and potential is a STEAL.

[quote user="chicken"]I''m sorry but am I the only one that thinks Ched is not worth £3million?

Sure he may have huge potential but as of yet it is not guaranteed. When we signed Earnshaw he was proven at this level - in some ways Ched is still finding his feet. Sure he has quality all over him but not 20 goals a season plus - that is what Earnshaw had and has.

I think £1.5million is a fair price.

The other player who we seem to keep being linked with is Nathan Tyson - target man and has a reasonable goal scoring record. Another that may be in that price bracket.
[/quote]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]I would suggest Ched isn''t out of the realms of belief. He is a terrific player, who''s player is only going to go up. I would sign him whatever the cost may be - although the figure I heard being quoted was £3m. I would snap their hands off, if that was the case.[/quote]

Agreed - Ched is still young and learning the game. If we signed him permenently he would increase in value without doubt. If we can get him for £3m (which realistically is what he is worth) we would be getting an absolute bargain.

[/quote]If we had £3 million to spend it would be a miracle in itself.