Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

POSSIBLE LOANS

Just writing in to se whoi you lot think we could go after as possible loan sighnings if we don,t get Hucks and/or Crouch. Ive just looked through the premiership and I see Marian Pahars os Southampton is back from injury and playing reserve football. Then theres Michael Chopra at Newcastle who proved he can score goals a plenty when he was at Watford and then what about up in Scotland at Glasgow Celtic and you may be surprised at this one but how about Sean Maloney. What do you think of my suggestions and do you lot have any other suggestions.

I like your suggestions, but I think Strachan will want to keep Pahars as Saints are not scoring (apart from Beattie). Chopra proved he could score in a few games, but I wouldn''t say he''s a proven goalscorer. Maloney, good call, he looks classy from what I''ve seen. Small though isn''t he? We don''t really need another shortie!

How about Carl Cort at Newcastle, although I think he may be pricey wage wise. Also, we should keep our eye open for Reo-coker of wimbledon as he''s about to be auctioned off, but I think he will be able to take his pick of clubs and therefore won''t pick us. Is Matt Jansen getting games at Blackburn? I''m getting way out of our league here I think!

Yeah I think Jansens playing week in week out what about maybe that henry at arsenal and theirs that other one at man u ive heard of van something i think his noame is and then theres that michael someone at liverpool i think thats more in our league surely they will come to carrow road til the end of the season

what about the young frenchman at Arsenal, aliadierre (or something like that) only 20 and gave the wolves defence a real hiding the other night, Wenger might want him to gain some first team experience.

no they wont let him out Mr Whiz hes scored some carling cup goals he started against Liverpool and hes been on the bench for nearly all the other games so hes fairly high up the pecking order mate

You''ve got to be joking Mr Whiz!! Wenger aint lettin him go nowhere. He''s the next Henry, who the arse are totally reliant on at the mo. They need another goalscorer to start taking some pressure off Henry and if Ali-yadda-yadda is gonna do that (which he looks more than capable of in the Prem) then he won''t be going anywhere.
Wenger isn''t gonna do another Upson, even if it is only on loan!

One other really intereseting thing with this kid - he''s French by birth but has been an Arsenal school boy since he was 13 or something. Some papers have pointed out that by the time he''ll soon be eligible for England. Tantalising prospect but probably a remote one give the French Foreign Legion camped in Highbury! Wenger wouldn''t ever be allowed back in to France if he let it happen!

What about that one that keeps scoring for Leeds (Jermaine Pennant ) ???? what do you lot fink?

Surely Christian Vieri would suit our style of play better the vanisolroy? I am sure he would cut his ÂŁ120k pw pay to play for NW.

A little bit more seriously another name in the frame could be Nick Barmby, who apparently would cost Leeds ÂŁ250k in extra transfer fee if he plays 1 more game for Leeds. There is talk of him going to Hull; if this is the case then he can probably do a job for us.

However our main priority has to be a target man to replace Crouch which appear to be a bit of a dying breed. Of the premier bench warmers our best bets may be Lua Lua/ Chopra, Michael Rickets, Jon Macken or Brett Ormerod. However only Ricketts & Ormerod even partly fit the target man bill - any other ideas?

realism please people - Pennant''s goin nowhere, Ormerod''s going nowhere, Ricketts likewise, ''boro can''t score right now and he is a proven premiership scorer. Macken... maybe. But i actually think we haven''t seen the last of Crouch. I think we may have called their bluff by letting him go back and it''s just nonsense for O''Leary to suggest he''s suddenly gonna start playing him in the Villa first team. Maybe he should but i seriously doubt it. Deadly doug has told him to go out and get a proven goal scorer and they need to free up all the wages they can. We still got to the end of December to sort something out and i think we may do.

Zip, top idea for Barmby. I used to think that, because of our restricted finances, Worthy didn''t even bother looking at "audacious" transfers but since Crouch and DH I am sure he does. Let''s hope he''s noticed old Barmby. I was thinking the other day "isn''t it funny we have virtually the same England team that beat Germany 5-1 in Munich" but I couldn''t for the life of me remember who played on the left. It was Barmby wasn''t it?! Was it? Seems like a distant dream now.

I agree that Pennant will only go to another premier club - he is too much of a prospect. Ormerod is unhappy at the lack of chances at Soton & Wigan are also looking at him. Ricketts is a long shot but he is very much a bit player at boro only making the bench as Christie is injured. However if we are honest, at the start of the season who thought that Huckerby or Crouch would have come here and none of the names in my list are no smaller than them. If Hull can look to take Barmby then why not us?

You make a good point that O''Leary has allegedly been given ÂŁ10m to spend. However this will not happend until January and we can only take crouch back on loan if he signs before the end of the month so the timing for city is abysmal. I hope you are right but I would not let Crouch go without getting a replacement first, which means we would have to buy him outright and given our finances at the moment this is looking very unlikely - even with the share offer.

As such we are looking at a loan player - which if we can sign before the end of the month we can keep till the ed of the season if young enough.

If the cupboard is as bare as this limited list of strikers suggests then NW will have to work miracles to replace Crouch and/or Hucks with similar quality.

OTBC

What has Barmby done in the last 3 years? Answer, nothing! he doesn´t fit the bill at all. Forget Ormerod, he was only out of the team because Soton signed Phillips, but now they have discovered that his scoring touch has permanently left him, ormerod is back in and scoring, pity, he is OK.. Agree that a Jarvis/McVeigh combination up front may be OK, but not Roberts. - his performances last season were poor, and this year even worse.