Sign in to follow this  
James Long

Does Holt need a rest?

Do you agree that it may be possible that Worthy has a problem in dropping Holt because I believe that he may need to dropped to allow Mulryne and Francis in the centre of Midfield to help improve things a little. Lately he jusn''t hasn''t been on the ball at all and while he still runs at his usual rate he doesn''t get involved in the tackles and doesn''t show any playmaker credentials like he did in his player of the year season 2 seasons ago. Yes granted he played through an injury towards the end of the last season but he still doesn''t seemed to play to the full potential he demonstrated in his award winning year. Does Worthy also have a problem with dropping him because if you look over the facts in the previous 2 seasons he only missed one game and that was when he got the injury and also he was unusually substituted at the West Brom game this season. There are a lot of games with no break but do you think that it may be an idea whereby he is left out or dropped to the bench for a few games and Mulryne and Francis put in the centre of midfield to see if that would be a good combination while he could as they say recharge his batteries to try and regain his potential we know he has and perhaps come back if it needed freshening up.

I think the excitement of 7 home wins out of 7 may have been too much for you. Holt was, by far, my man of the match on Saturday living up to the words of his song.......

Now I don''t get to see as many games as I''d like to but that was a performance to match his best from his golden season.

I find myself hoping that you''re the same person sitting in my carriage on the 19:00 train back to London talking absolute gibberish. The only thing which suprised me was that he didn''t get out at a certain town along the way. Surely there can''t be two of you out there or can there?

You have read my mind. Exactly what I was thinking. Are you Mystic Meg???

Especially with the form that Mullers is in he is ezactly what we are missing. Also with some easier games (at least on paper) coming up it may be time for a change. Holty may come back all the fresher with the energy and determination that got him player of the season.

Yeah that is fair to say that Holty did well against the mackems but generally he has been poor this season and needs to be rested to recharge his batteries!

I really don''t think that Holt and Francis can play along side each other as they are similar types of players!

Just think of the thought of Mullers and Francis in the middle and the potential those 2 have of scoring for us!!

How many goals does Holty score in a season?

We really miss a play maker in the middle of the park..

Christ.....

3rd in the table. Played 7 at home, won 7. Beaten a side unbeaten in 8.

And what do you get? Complaints about team selection!

Incredible!

Craig

we should definitly rest him for the jpt against southampton on tuesday. Save him for huddersfeild on sat, its going to be a tough game

[quote user="FM"]we should definitly rest him for the jpt against southampton on tuesday. Save him for huddersfeild on sat, its going to be a tough game[/quote]

League points matter more to me.

Nice trawl though FM![Y]