Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Etherington or Hollihan to join

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Roeder said a player in hucks position 6 or 7 yrs younger than hucks.

Well obviously Hoolihan falls under that category as he is 25 and is admired by Roeder.

But also Etherington has been out of the West Ham team since February and he is also 26 and it was Roeder who signed him for Wham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_2272614,00.html Stick out tongue [:P]

[/quote]

How old is Kris Commons?

Jeez, I can''t believe Etherington is only 26, seems to have been around for ages.  Either Hoolahan or him would be a fantastic replacement for Hucks and, dare I say it,  either would certainly be far better prospects for the longer term. 

Etherington got some serious issues not sure would be good for the dressing room atmosphere.  The card games that he and Teddy Sheringham used to run at West Ham will always go down in legend and unfortunately for Etherington its not just cards he is into.

[quote user="Punting Canary"]Etherington got some serious issues not sure would be good for the dressing room atmosphere.  The card games that he and Teddy Sheringham used to run at West Ham will always go down in legend and unfortunately for Etherington its not just cards he is into.[/quote]

Allegedly [:D]

If Etherington is available then im sure a bigger club would come in for him.

Hoolahan would be a great signing and is the most likely of the two to join. The problem is would blackpool would want a good sum of money for his sevices..

Im not sure, Etherington is a good player but I think the prem is a bit too high a level for him. I''d also question his attitude and commitment. I don''t know whether glenn would want a player like him in our team.I like hoolahan, I think he''s quite a decent player, he might have a quite high transfer fee attached though. Halmosi might also be a target for us to look at too although will be more expensive too. The other winger who has caught the eye is campbell ryce. I thought he was superb for southend last season and he''s been at barnsley but playing on the left (although he is completely one footed (right). He might be worth a look too.

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]Rumour (or possibly fact actually) has it that Hoolahan has a £250,000 release clause.[/quote]

If so there''s be a hell of an auction.  We''ve got no chance.

obviusly hoolahan would be a quality signing, my mates a blackpool fan and he''s constantly raving about him, carries the team as huckerby had done for us..

also how about ''Peter Halmosi'' from plymouth? cracking player, though I think he would be outside our finacial reach

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]I like both. How about Paul Parry from Cardif.[/quote]He was linked in Janurary.

I heard that too. Like I sid, I would be happy with either Etherington, Hollahoop or Parry. They are the sort of players that could make a difference

[quote user="MK Canary"]I wonder how Etherington feels about the time the Snakepit got him sent off...
[/quote]

Now that was funny!

[quote user="sig"]

[quote user="MK Canary"]I wonder how Etherington feels about the time the Snakepit got him sent off...[/quote]

Now that was funny!

[/quote]You''ll never beat the Snakepit [;)]

There is not one shred of evidence that either of these two players will be joining , going to be a lot of people let down.

[quote user="TheRatAxe"]There is not one shred of evidence that either of these two players will be joining , going to be a lot of people let down.[/quote]

And there is no evidence that they won''t.

It''s idle speculation, Roeder says he''s targeted a player who''s 6/7 years younger than Huckerby who will be a "pleasant surprise". There was always going to be speculation about that, and these two fit the bill.

[quote user="Wings"]You know another who could fall into that bracket? Gary McSheffrey.[/quote]

think hes going back to Coventry according to die hard Cov fan, almost done deal, but they would say that wouldnt they. . . . . .

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]Rumour (or possibly fact actually) has it that Hoolahan has a £250,000 release clause.[/quote]

Hey Copycat![H]