Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Earnmore

It''s not Cardiff who have had the bid accepted....despite their FA Cup run, they are £31 Million in debt.It seems Nottingham Forest are discussing a contract with Earnshaw, and unless any other offers come in, that''s where he''ll be going.

Punting, could you give us an idea of where you heard this rumour from, usually without more than one person saying the same thing, these rumours are usually false.

Is this other player Etherington? it kind of makes sense as mr.carrow said the same thing, and I was the first person to mention his name on the internet as I done some research after Roeder announced the surprise factor and found out that Etherington fits with Roeder''s description and it was Roeder who also signed him for West Ham.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Punting, could you give us an idea of where you heard this rumour from, usually without more than one person saying the same thing, these rumours are usually false.

Is this other player Etherington? it kind of makes sense as mr.carrow said the same thing, and I was the first person to mention his name on the internet as I done some research after Roeder announced the surprise factor and found out that Etherington fits with Roeder''s description and it was Roeder who also signed him for West Ham.

[/quote]Not sure how accurate this is, but Wikipedia says Earnshaw has signed and is now a Nottingham Forest player!

My mates mother, who irons clothes for the caretaker''s son at the school where Lee Crofts dog groomer''s kids go, says it isn''t us!

In my defense I have posted a lot of transfer stuff in the past which has been very close to the mark.  We have made bids for Ernie and Etherington.  Whether either will be enough to secure the players is anyones guess but there are definitely offers in for both.  Will post further if I hear more.

I do get the feeling their is truth in this, there is not actually any evidence saying that Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest are the two clubs which have had bids accepted for Earnie, he could well be in talks with us.

As for Etherington it does sound like it could be him, I sure hope this dont get out, because if we sign him that would be the best signing since Hucks, but we dont want other clubs alert to his availability.

Sheffield United and Nottingham Forest are understood to have both agreed a fee with Derby County for the Wales international striker Robert Earnshaw.

The 27-year-old joined Derby from Norwich for £3.5m last summer but, after a chastening season at Pride Park during which he made only seven Premier League starts, Paul Jewell is prepared to sanction the forward''s departure.

It is believed that Derby have accepted bids in the region of £2.75m for the player.

From the Guardian, for what it''s worth...

[quote user="Big Dave"]Forget Earnie. He''s off to Forest just around the corner. He doesn''t fit in with Roeder''s Pace & Power plan being only 4''7" tall. Just as well IMO. Too similar to Jamie (just better).[/quote]

[:D] It will be fun giving him some stick next season!

[quote user="Canary Boy"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Not sure how accurate this is, but Wikipedia says Earnshaw has signed and is now a Nottingham Forest player!
[/quote]

Wikipedia, accurate? LMAO [;)]

[quote user="yellow_belly"]i really do think that earnie is a pretty ordinary footballer - i would not want him back.[/quote]

He is an ordinary footballer, but at this level he is an outstanding goalscorer.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

[quote user="Big Dave"]Forget Earnie. He''s off to Forest just around the corner. He doesn''t fit in with Roeder''s Pace & Power plan being only 4''7" tall. Just as well IMO. Too similar to Jamie (just better).[/quote]

[:D] It will be fun giving him some stick next season!

[/quote]

until he scores a hattrick at least...

Evening Snooze says he''s off on holiday for a few days so no discussions until he returns. Personally, I think he''ll go to Sheffield Utd over Forest - although I wouldn''t put a bet on other teams matching the bid.

[quote user="Wings"]Evening Snooze says he''s off on holiday for a few days so no discussions until he returns. Personally, I think he''ll go to Sheffield Utd over Forest - although I wouldn''t put a bet on other teams matching the bid.[/quote]

Thought Sheffield Utd had about 6 strikers already?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Wings"]Evening Snooze says he''s off on holiday for a few days so no discussions until he returns. Personally, I think he''ll go to Sheffield Utd over Forest - although I wouldn''t put a bet on other teams matching the bid.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, they do: Beattie, Hulse, Webber, Stead, Shelton, Sharp and Horsefield. They obviously want to round it up to a round 8 :D

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Yeah, they do: Beattie, Hulse, Webber, Stead, Shelton, Sharp and Horsefield. They obviously want to round it up to a round 8 :D

[/quote]

Interesting because one report I''ve seen today says that Sheffield''s interest in Earnshaw could involve a swap deal with Hulse.