Sign in to follow this  
jewish

back room staff cull

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

le make to your threads. It counts how many posts you have made.[/quote][quote user="Wings"]Mostly because a post count doesn''t count the number of replies peop

Okay, so we''ve established my post are popular, so what? envious are we sonny jim?[:D]

[/quote]

No, I was pointing out that a post count counts the number of posts.

To quote Ronsil:

"It does exactly what it says on the tin" :D

It isn''t a measure of how often you are replied to, or even how popular you may or may not be.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

One day you lot will learn to listern to us prophets.

[/quote]

Wiz old bean, I always look forward to your daily postings because despite not agreeing with 99% of what you say they do at least raise a smile, however....

The dictionary defines a prophet variously as:

1. someone who speaks for God - perhaps a bit above even your station?

2. an ecstatic visionary (according to popular belief possessing magical powers) - maybe you could claim this one although your hexing skills went off the boil when the bat and virgin supply ran low ran about February

3. an inspired leader or teacher, a person who fortells what is to come - we are going to get relegated mark my words, ooops well I was nearly right

Maybe you have overstretched yourself this time mate with claims of an ability to prophesise unless there is indeed a growing cult of pointy hat wearing accolites of yours in Lowestoft - should we indeed look forward to you receiving the word of God from a burning bush in the park, discovering commandments on a tablet of stone from Woody Bear at Pleasurewood Hills or even you parting the North Sea off Southwold?

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

One day you lot will learn to listern to us prophets.

[/quote]

Wiz old bean, I always look forward to your daily postings because despite not agreeing with 99% of what you say they do at least raise a smile, however....

The dictionary defines a prophet variously as:

1. someone who speaks for God - perhaps a bit above even your station?

2. an ecstatic visionary (according to popular belief possessing magical powers) - maybe you could claim this one although your hexing skills went off the boil when the bat and virgin supply ran low ran about February

3. an inspired leader or teacher, a person who fortells what is to come - we are going to get relegated mark my words, ooops well I was nearly right

Maybe you have overstretched yourself this time mate with claims of an ability to prophesise unless there is indeed a growing cult of pointy hat wearing accolites of yours in Lowestoft - should we indeed look forward to you receiving the word of God from a burning bush in the park, discovering commandments on a tablet of stone from Woody Bear at Pleasurewood Hills or even you parting the North Sea off Southwold?

[/quote]

I think I''m covered under item 2 P''boro, and in 2009, probably item 3 as well.

Item One I''m currently working on mate!.[;)]

Time will tell on item 3 I guess WIz. 

As for communing with God I strongly suggest you opt for monotheism - I would hate to think of you starting out chatting to the big guy on the cloud, then changing your mind and opting for Buddha before a last minute conversion to Islam. [:)]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Time will tell on item 3 I guess WIz. 

As for communing with God I strongly suggest you opt for monotheism - I would hate to think of you starting out chatting to the big guy on the cloud, then changing your mind and opting for Buddha before a last minute conversion to Islam. [:)]

[/quote]

Blast! you''ve exposed the weakness in my cunning plan!.[:D]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]

All you buffoons do is bang on about how everything that happens must mean we''re going down the swanny. Well why don''t you f*ck off and support someone else, you attention-seeking non-entities. We don''t need you.

[/quote]

You need urgent therapy pal.............or anger managagement..............hopefully both!.

[/quote]

That was a bit strong.   Calm down Calm down.
[/quote]

No reason to be calm when cretins like Wiz and Jas fill the boards with rubbish. They are not true supporters of this club. No one who truly wants the best for this club would spend so much time and energy writing the nonsense that they do. They''re just sad, lonely, bored bumpkins who are desperate for attention.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

All you buffoons do is bang on about how everything that happens must mean we''re going down the swanny. Well why don''t you f*ck off and support someone else, you attention-seeking non-entities. We don''t need you.

[/quote]

You need urgent therapy pal.............or anger managagement..............hopefully both!.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No reason to be calm when cretins like Wiz and Jas fill the boards with rubbish. They are not true supporters of this club. No one who truly wants the best for this club would spend so much time and energy writing the nonsense that they do. They''re just sad, lonely, bored bumpkins who are desperate for attention.

[/quote]

Nonsence eh?

Facts, stats and history say otherwise oh deluded one!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nonsence eh?

Facts, stats and history say otherwise oh deluded one!.[:|]

[/quote]

FACT: Roeder making a much needed overhaul of the backroom staff can only be a good thing - in fact, something most people - including your myopic self - have been calling for for years.

There''s a season ticket at Birmingham waiting for you. You deserve it.

Is it my imagination or are more people bickering amongst themselves on this board now the threads are not moderated as they used to be?

Ok I have had my fair share of gripes with people who condoned football violence, I also though Smudger was an attention seeking prick, but surely we want the same things? let''s stop all the name calling and sometimes agree to disagree.

[quote user="Marty"]

let''s stop all the name calling and sometimes agree to disagree.

[/quote]

Hear, hear - if everyone thought the same the board would be dull as ditch water but the need to descended into personal insults does seem unnecessary.  A bit of humour is far better.

[quote user="Marty"]

Is it my imagination or are more people bickering amongst themselves on this board now the threads are not moderated as they used to be?

Ok I have had my fair share of gripes with people who condoned football violence, I also though Smudger was an attention seeking prick, [:O]but surely we want the same things? let''s stop all the name calling[:O][:O] and sometimes agree to disagree.

[/quote]

[:)][;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Marty"]

Ok I have had my fair share of gripes with people who condoned football violence, I also though Smudger was an attention seeking prick, [:O]but surely we want the same things? let''s stop all the name calling[:O][:O] and sometimes agree to disagree.

[/quote]

[:)][;)]

[/quote]

no hyprocrisy, I thought he was a prick - past tense, but obviously based on my current comments I would have re-evaluate my opinion!

OK, re-evaluted my opinion................. still conclude he was / is a prick!

Back to the original point rather than throwing abuse at each other which is pointless and unneeded?

Today the pinkun has confirmed that some back room staff has gone

Colin Watts - nice guy but he has had long enough to product results since 2001 and obviously in GR eyes has not achieved enuff

Pete Shaw - followed the fridge from WBA, always out on the prowl in Norwich but seemed a nice guy and never herd a bad comment about him, with the resi league collapsing and the size of the squad may have worked against him

Dave Carolan - talked the talk but did he walk the walk? how come every year we used to shout and rave we are the fittest team in the league? used to looking like we where chasing shadows most games, lost to late injury time goals more often than not and had so many non-contact injuries where strength and conditioning programmes being followed ?

Adams - most people would agree he is a good coach just fell victim to playing with fire working in the media

Rod Dyer - Again most would agree he was good at his job and a true gent, just fell foul of a reshuffle that is long over due

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Cost cutting and panic staff wages removal by a club which is broke!.

One day you lot will learn to listern to us prophets.[:|]

[/quote]

You''re not a prophet. You''re like the idiot at the side of the road saying "The Apocalypse is coming, the cheese men will kill us all". That''s how ridiculous you look to the rest of us.

[/quote]Can''t go with the Apocalypse thing but reckon theres something in the Chesse men.

It is very harsh to criticise individual members of the staff without knowing their job description or role within the current coaching team. If a new manager does not share the same vision as you with regard your role then there is a problem, if he views you as a major player from the last regime there is a problem, if he does not like you there is a problem and if your face doesn’t fit there is a problem.

I for one was very happy when we reached the play off final, promoted and playing in the prem. All the staff that have been culled were involved then.

This is an inevitable part of football and necessary for the success of any football club so let’s thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best and lets hope the club dealt with the departures with the respect these members of staff deserved.

Now for the future, which I think we are more concerned of and some of us scared of.

Staff gone

Academy Physio

Assistant physio

Sports scientist

Chief Scout (and prob his team of regional coaches = scouting network gone)

Education officer

Gk Coach

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED15%20May%202008%2009%3A28%3A58%3A327

Staff still in place

Manager - Roeder

Ass manager - Clark

First team coach - Stephenson

Gk Coach – Tommy Wright????

Club man – Gunn

Sports Scientist – Black ??????

Physio (who has had his team decimated = prop be gone after all medicals have be finished on new signings in the summer)

Who will find these new signings, No established scouting network in place

I like Glenns approach, creating a negative situation for personal gain, very cleaver

Destroy the current football department, both player and staff, put the board under severe pressure to produce cash to fill the gaps with ‘better’

They do, great, well done Glenn

They don’t , shame but Roeder has get out clause claiming the board wont pay up, he leaves and this club is in desperate trouble.

See Links below

PS the last one is very, very interestiting, some bits make me very very very worried for the future of NCFC

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED14%20May%202008%2017%3A48%3A26%3A367

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1228475/ShowPost.aspx

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/05/04/the_10_worst_football_managers.html

http://www.newcastle-online.com/2007/05/11/the-rise-fall-of-glenn-roeder/

One other thing, Does anyone else share my concerns about Roeders comments about the Niel Adams situation.

For such a ''nice man'' why such an aggressive approach to a simply issue. Dont air your dirty washing in public.

chelmsfordyellow I agree with majority of your comments and I too wish them all the very best in the future in finding jobs elsewhere - from what i understand and what we have just seen football is a very cut throat business and it comes as part of the package

I''m just trying to restabilize this thread to talk about the subject matter and I think football is a game of opinions and I would like to air mine as having a friends son pass through the academy which for one reason or not has not produced much assets which we as a club used to survive on I do have some opinions and GR thinks its time for a change which lets try and be positive will ultimately move the club forward - its far to early to tell

[quote user="jewish"]

chelmsfordyellow I agree with majority of your comments and I too wish them all the very best in the future in finding jobs elsewhere - from what i understand and what we have just seen football is a very cut throat business and it comes as part of the package

I''m just trying to restabilize this thread to talk about the subject matter and I think football is a game of opinions and I would like to air mine as having a friends son pass through the academy which for one reason or not has not produced much assets which we as a club used to survive on I do have some opinions and GR thinks its time for a change which lets try and be positive will ultimately move the club forward - its far to early to tell

[/quote]

I here your wise words jewish, but I expressed an opinion on here this morning and was promply told to F'' off!.[:S]

According to the main ncfc website not all thoese named in the pinkun story have been sacked.

[quote user="cityangel"]

According to the main ncfc website not all thoese named in the pinkun story have been sacked.

[/quote]However, thy didn''t say the other 2 were staying with the club. They will no doubt be going but not actually sacked. Going soon probably.

If the suggesting is cost cutting, you may be right, but don''t expect to liberate much cash for a while. Many of those released will be on permanent (i.e. not time limited) contract, and their contracts will probably have to be bought out.We shall not see not much financial benefit for many months, I would assume.There may be other reasons - inefficiency in performance, combination of roles, falling out with Roeder (Adams?).

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jewish"]

[/quote]

I here your wise words jewish, but I expressed an opinion on here this morning and was promply told to F'' off!.[:S]

[/quote]

That''s because you don''t seek to debate, you crave attention.

Anyway. It''s been the talk for quite some time that the Academy isn''t working so any new broom is surely a good thing? Even Fergie ruthlessly moves people on and is well known for being a dictator at Man Utd. What''s difficult to understand is how people cry out for a strong manager then moan when we get one. Sure, there''s a difference between Grant''s ''you''re all rubbish'' and Roeder''s way of doing things, but he''s being proactive instead of letting things stagnate like Worthy did. The same board resided over both managers, so they should at least get some credit for allowing Roeder to mould the club into his way of thinking - with the same philosophy from first team down to under 10s. That''s how they do it at Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, and it brings success. So could we at least just wait and see what happens before passing blind judgement?

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jewish"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyway. It''s been the talk for quite some time that the Academy isn''t working so any new broom is surely a good thing? Even Fergie ruthlessly moves people on and is well known for being a dictator at Man Utd. What''s difficult to understand is how people cry out for a strong manager then moan when we get one. Sure, there''s a difference between Grant''s ''you''re all rubbish'' and Roeder''s way of doing things, but he''s being proactive instead of letting things stagnate like Worthy did. The same board resided over both managers, so they should at least get some credit for allowing Roeder to mould the club into his way of thinking - with the same philosophy from first team down to under 10s. That''s how they do it at Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal, and it brings success. So could we at least just wait and see what happens before passing blind judgement?

[/quote]The contentious issue is the sacking of Neil Adams. He was the U14''s coach. Are you saying that he was responsible for the failure of the Academy. He is the only coach to be dismissed, all the rest are still there.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jewish"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]The contentious issue is the sacking of Neil Adams. He was the U14''s coach. Are you saying that he was responsible for the failure of the Academy. He is the only coach to be dismissed, all the rest are still there.[/quote]

Maybe he is - but how would any of us know? If you run a company, you need people on board who think like you.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="King Juan of Spain"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jewish"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]The contentious issue is the sacking of Neil Adams. He was the U14''s coach. Are you saying that he was responsible for the failure of the Academy. He is the only coach to be dismissed, all the rest are still there.[/quote]

Maybe he is - but how would any of us know? If you run a company, you need people on board who think like you.

[/quote]If Roeder hadn''t reacted in the way he did to a truly innocuous statement that Adams made re; Huckerby then I would agree with you. I feel that there is a nastiness involved that goes beyond working relationships. Vindictive perhaps. A good manager in any Company should be beyond that.

I think it is worth pointing out that although a decent club we are not a Man U, chelsea or Liverpool. We are a provincial town with very limited resourses to draw from. Academies have rules and regs to protect young players and one of those rules is travel times. I think its 1 hour, a player cant live more then an hour away if he signs a school boy form.

That leaves us at a serious disadvantage. Back in the days of Kenton, Green, Coote, Russel, Lywellen, bellamy i would have thought the buget would have been significantly more then it is now.It takes a huge scouting budget and player inccentive scheme to attract these players.

The same goes for coaches, there are limited coaches of a good enough standard in the area and it takes cash to attract from further away. The rivals down the road have it sorted, they are in a position that suits, north london is in reach, coaches and players are attracted.

The point is that whoever runs that academy unles they have money the situation will be the same