Sign in to follow this  
jewish

back room staff cull

I''ve been hearing rumours that a majority of the back room staff are being released by Glenn Roder including Pete shaw - resi physio and Dave Carolan- fitness man  can any one confirm? also believe the academy is under review at present

[quote user="jewish"]I''ve been hearing rumours that a majority of the back room staff are being released by Glenn Roder including Pete shaw - resi physio and Dave Carolan- fitness man  can any one confirm? also believe the academy is under review at present
[/quote]

It would not suprise me in the slightest that the axe is falling on the nursery, sorry i mean academy, and i can only see this as a positive.

Cost cutting and panic staff wages removal by a club which is broke!.

One day you lot will learn to listern to us prophets.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

You''re not a prophet. You''re like the idiot at the side of the road saying "The Apocalypse is coming, the cheese men will kill us all". That''s how ridiculous you look to the rest of us.

[/quote]

Please explain what we will lose by this. We haven''t had a decent player come through to the first team in years. If they don''t add anything why are we paying for them?

I just knew that Neil Adams would get sacked as the youngsters coach, seems that anyone who has an opinion which doesnt agree with Mr Roeder will be soon gone.

Can the last person leaving Carrow Road turn the lights off.

Its all very well getting rid of people, but I hope GR can replace them with better...........................

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"]

I just knew that Neil Adams would get sacked as the youngsters coach, seems that anyone who has an opinion which doesnt agree with Mr Roeder will be soon gone.

Can the last person leaving Carrow Road turn the lights off.

[/quote]

And that opinion would be about......

Obviously it''s no surprise that Neil Adams has gone. I always found it strange that he was employed by the club yet is suppossed to be an independant voice on Canary Call. To be honest if you are going top present a call-in radio show and an opinion piece in the newspaper there is no way that you can also work as a coach for the club. I''ve always felt that Neil Adams has had to sit on the fence on Canary Call, be it his opinion on players or the manager. He always says: "I hear what you''re saying..." which is his way of saying I completely agree with you without committing to slagging off any individuals at the club. Now he will be free to give proper insight and his show will be a lot better.

As for the remainder of the sackings, I do feel sorry for them. Dave Carolan and Alan Wood have been around for a while but we do need to look at our scouting network as we don''t seem to be able to find many good players from the lower leagues or abroad. We''ve never spotted a player like Michael Kightly or (and I know he didn''t havea  very good season at Wolves but that doesn''t means he''s a bad player) Freddie Eastwood.

There might be an element of cost cutting too. Do we really need a reserves physio? Especially if we are pulled out of the reserves league. We''ll see how it all works out. I do trust Roeder with Academy matters as he has a lot of youth team experience. I think he was a coach at West Ham and Newcastle.

[/quote]

nail.. head.. hit!

jas :)

Rock on Roeder! Good work. That''s half the summer''s work done already. Dross out. Now let''s see you do the other half of the job. 

I think this is good news for our club, I am pleased to see that Glenn is looking at the whole setup and not just the first team.Glenn is giving the club a complete overhaul getting rid of all the deadwood who have failed to produce.This will freshen things up!!

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

You''re not a prophet. You''re like the idiot at the side of the road saying "The Apocalypse is coming, the cheese men will kill us all". That''s how ridiculous you look to the rest of us.

[/quote]

Same old wings, same old insults. You''re in denial anyway sonny, as most of your pals are too...............if there are any that is!.

I''ll hold to my beliefs if thats all right with you.[:|]

At least this should make for a more entertaining Canary Call, as Adams won''t feel any need to toe the Club line. If he was doing a good job as U14''s coach though then does look a bit churlish by Roeder - but I guess we have no way of really judging that.

Lets be honest, chief scout Alan Wood has had alot to answer for these last few years.    Numerous people have called for him to go and now he finally has.  Things needed to be changed at this football club, not just playing side.  Its been ever since the premiership season, PG came in and pretty much carried on as it was but added a few sh1t players which Roeder has also had to ditch.There has been a very very dark cloud over Carrow Road and Colney since 2005 and maybe , just maybe someone has seen this and is starting the revolution.   Dave Carolan - Would I be right to guess his replacement is Steve Black?  Do they do the same kinda thing or did I just imagine that ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

nail.. head.. hit!

[/quote]

All that''s happening is the inevitable. Grant talked about the club needing a massive overhaul, and now Roeder is actually doing it.

Instead of being so glass-half-empty all the time, why can''t you take a positive from this? It means Roeder has the intention to stay here at the club and hopefully build it into a Premier League outfit. All you buffoons do is bang on about how everything that happens must mean we''re going down the swanny.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

nail.. head.. hit!

[/quote]

head....brain....missing!

Same old wings, same old insults. You''re in denial anyway sonny, as most of your pals are too...............if there are any that is!.

I''ll hold to my beliefs if thats all right with you.[:|]

[/quote]

Your beliefs are totally unfounded and baseless - yet you, you idiot, proclaim yourself as some sort of prophet as if you know what you say is 100% fact.

Let me quote you a line from the Pink Un article:

"It would appear that Roeder is carrying out a root-and-branch overhaul of the whole set-up at Colney as he looks to turn the club into a force to be reckoned with again in the Championship."

What does that suggest to you? Cost cutting? Or a shake up of a failing system? The latter, IMO - and that''s from people who are far more "in the know" than you will ever be.

Grow up and stop this ridiculous attempt to undermine everything the club does and purporting what you say as fact. It''s as far from it as can be. 

I''d love to know Wiz what part of the scouting/coaching system that Glenn is replacing you would like to keep?Could you explain to me what part of this set-up has been so successful over the past few years that warrants them being kept on?Could you explain how you view yourself as a prophet as well?Deluded man maybe, but not a "prophet"....

I''ve already said before that Wiz doesnt always believe what he types, it just gets him more replies then anyone else so he continues.  I guess in time we have actually created this monster.Wiz - Whilst im here.  I never got a reply from you on the Ched Evans or Jamie Cureton question?    Which would you prefer to see us start the season with...Youth loan signing Ched Evans or Permy experienced JC.     I was just curious because you said this league is not a place for kiddies.   Please also spare me your spin and actually try answering it straight, you''re not Neil Doncaster and you never will be.

[quote user="King Juan of Spain"]

All you buffoons do is bang on about how everything that happens must mean we''re going down the swanny. Well why don''t you f*ck off and support someone else, you attention-seeking non-entities. We don''t need you.

[/quote]

You need urgent therapy pal.............or anger managagement..............hopefully both!.

All you buffoons do is bang on about how everything that happens must mean we''re going down the swanny. Well why don''t you f*ck off and support someone else, you attention-seeking non-entities. We don''t need you.

[/quote]

You need urgent therapy pal.............or anger managagement..............hopefully both!.

[/quote]That was a bit strong.   Calm down Calm down.

[/quote]

[/quote]You know Wiz, King Juan does have a point though - you do seem to have a rather negative outlook on City, and you do tend to look for the worst in any action or event that affects the club.    You also have to admit that you don''t half write a lot of old tosh on here as well...

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]

You know Wiz, King Juan does have a point though - you do seem to have a rather negative outlook on City, and you do tend to look for the worst in any action or event that affects the club.    You also have to admit that you don''t half write a lot of old tosh on here as well...
[/quote]

Understatements of the century there, Plastic. Let me set your sentence a bit nearer to the mark

You know Wiz, King Juan does have a point though - you do seem to have a negative outlook on City that rivals that of Ipswich fans, and you always look for the worst in any action or event that affects the club.    You also have to admit that you always write a lot of old tosh on here as well...

[quote user="Duffman"]I''ve already said before that Wiz doesnt always believe what he types, it just gets him more replies then anyone else so he continues. 

I guess in time we have actually created this monster.

Wiz - Whilst im here.  I never got a reply from you on the Ched Evans or Jamie Cureton question?    Which would you prefer to see us start the season with...Youth loan signing Ched Evans or Permy experienced JC.     I was just curious because you said this league is not a place for kiddies.   Please also spare me your spin and actually try answering it straight, you''re not Neil Doncaster and you never will be.
[/quote]

Its a bit of a non question Duffman................we can''t and wont be able to ever afford Ched mate, so your question doesn''t even come into play. Not what you wanted to hear I know but its the best I can do, sorry.

PS. Point of fact, there are quite a few posters with larger post counts than I, so I don''t, as you wrongly claim, get more replies than anyone else on here.

Mostly because a post count doesn''t count the number of replies people make to your threads. It counts how many posts you have made.

[quote user="Wings"]Mostly because a post count doesn''t count the number of replies people make to your threads. It counts how many posts you have made.[/quote]

Okay, so we''ve established my post are popular, so what? envious are we sonny jim?[:D]

This is the easy part of the job. You just have to look at the academy production line to see that it has not been working for some years now. It was high time for a clear out. Roeder now has to prove himself big time. You cant loan in coaches & physios after all. So the club has got its work cut out to replace that little lot. It''s easier to fire than it is to hire. Maybe there will be room for the likes of a Iwan Roberts in all of this. His biggest task is still going to be on the pitch. It''s a lot of players to get in in a short space of time and coaches are going to have to be in place and up to speed on the clubs ideals before any pre season trainning gets going. Not much time for holidays for Mr Roeder and Doncaster this year by the sound of things. 

Expect a few more changes as well I recon.

Hope the tea lady has not said anything out of line, or brews the right flavour/brand of tea or else she could be off too!