Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

when will we make some signings?

i see other clubs have already gone for players to strengthen their squads but as per usual we have nobody as yet, and god knows we need more than most!!! so when do people think we will start to make some signings? i have my doubts as to whether we will get anyone!!!

Dont get excited. We will be lied to continously from now until two weeks before the season starts when we will sign three players on the same day. These will be players that Shrewsbury, Boston, Torquay and Fakenham Town have all turned down

I think amongst out first will be to loan Rigters again and possible buy Hoolahan (if by some miracle we do win the bidding war for him).

After that I don''t know. But I really don''t think our buying activities will include Ameobi (before anyone mentions him again).

Its only may 15th, two weeks after the season has finished dont worry be patient ! The players will come, they have to i think we would struggle with a 12 man squad ! I think Rigters, Evans, Pearce & Bertrand should be top of the list whether loans or permament ! Didnt really see too much of Rigters but looks an intelligent young player who doesn''t stand much chance of getting in front of McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Derbyshire & Roberts so maybe a permanent transfer !

[quote user="Vern"]Dont get excited. We will be lied to continously from now until two weeks before the season starts when we will sign three players on the same day. These will be players that Shrewsbury, Boston, Torquay and Fakenham Town have all turned down[/quote]What a load of unsubstantiable rubbish!

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="Vern"]Dont get excited. We will be lied to continously from now until two weeks before the season starts when we will sign three players on the same day. These will be players that Shrewsbury, Boston, Torquay and Fakenham Town have all turned down[/quote]What a load of unsubstantiable rubbish![/quote]

You''re right - I''ve heard that it''s Lincoln, Mansfield and Chester!

Maybe we''ve already got some deals tied up. I''m sure there has already been a few things sorted.

[quote user="GJP"]Maybe we''ve already got some deals tied up. I''m sure there has already been a few things sorted.[/quote]

[:D] yea right, how long have you been supporting norwich? Ive been a supporter for 6 years and every single transfer window leaves me me disappointed

[quote user="Grando"]You''re right - I''ve heard that it''s Lincoln, Mansfield and Chester![/quote]Much better :D

[quote user="baldyboy"]i see other clubs have already gone for players to strengthen their squads but as per usual we have nobody as yet, and god knows we need more than most!!! so when do people think we will start to make some signings? i have my doubts as to whether we will get anyone!!![/quote]It gets earlier every year [|-)]

oh huckerby (AKA C.T) -

Until that potentially disappointing transfer window opens I''m doing my best to stay positive!

Its all very well saying be patient- but we did that last year and the year beofre. There is a story about a boy who cried wolf that springs to mind!

I predict we are linked to three really exciting players- get none of them amidst reports of ooh we are unlucky etc...

Then sign 8 chimps of varying abilities - three who sort of do ok and many who are poo

And then we all get cross - somehow get placated by the board and wait once again for NEXT season...

Let`s face it - we have to get some bodies in or we can`t even field a team!!

Let`s all try and be patient and see what happens shall we!

[quote user="Grando"][quote user="Wings"][quote user="Vern"]Dont get excited. We will be lied to continously from now until two weeks before the season starts when we will sign three players on the same day. These will be players that Shrewsbury, Boston, Torquay and Fakenham Town have all turned down[/quote]

What a load of unsubstantiable rubbish!
[/quote] You''re right - I''ve heard that it''s Lincoln, Mansfield and Chester![/quote]

Listen, YOUNG MAN (as the late Brian Clough was fond of saying): I would remind you that A LEGEND failed in trials for both Notts Forest and Notts County.  The only club that saw anything in him was Lincoln City who gave him his pro break aged 17.  Seasons 1993-95, 28 appearances (five goals).

He was then stolen by Newcastle United who sent him out on loan to Millwall (not a nice thing to do to anyone) after playing him for one game.

It was Coventry who gave him his break but he was once reported in the Lincolnshire Echo as saying: "I''ve a special affection for Lincoln and always look for their result.  I was not doing too well at that time - I thought I had ability but there was a patch when others turned me down and that''s hard to take for a teenager but it was The Imps who were the only club to offer me a way into the professional game and I will always be grateful to them for that."

Local legend has it, although unconfirmed, that he was also turned down by Worksop Town but it is probably better not to speak of that on a board such as this.

All I remember is that his name was Darren something, gangly kid it was said at the time and no one knew if he could toughen up enough. Lord knows what happened to him.

Interloper I am both as a Colchester and a Lincoln City supporter  Lincoln currently have one player who someone is going to nick in time.  Just a kid being kicked off the park at the moment and out injured as well.

This season, the mighty Imps were bottom of the entire Football League but then they sacked the Manager (great coach, lousy Manager) and we ended up 15th in the League.

Not even Norwich managed being bottom of the ENTIRE Football League.

I just wish I could remember the name of this Darren kid who Lincoln gave the games to....it just won''t come.

Anyway, whatever Darren''s other name was things must have improved because Lincoln have loaned a player to Worksop Town since then.

Funny old game isn''t it?

Camul: Was it Darren Anderton? :)

I must admit Lincoln is my second team as well; I studied law up there and my best mate (an Ipswich fan, oddly enough) and I would both go down and sit in the Stacey West and watch Lincoln play hoofball under Keith Alexander :)

Back then I was of the opinion that Gareth McAuley could and would make the step up. When I left there was a young lad named Lee Frecklington that was making waves. Is it him?

Btw, I''m appauled that Lincoln have released Marriot. It''s a bit like the way this club have treated Huckerby.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Re: when will we make some signings?[/quote]...err, when the transfer window opens I guess?????let the hype and spin from local press and the club carry on for a week or two, think it''s June 1st the window opens, not too sure?

[quote user="baldyboy"]i see other clubs have already gone for players to strengthen their squads but as per usual we have nobody as yet, and god knows we need more than most!!! so when do people think we will start to make some signings? i have my doubts as to whether we will get anyone!!![/quote]Most other clubs???  I think QPR and a couple of other clubs have signed someone but most clubs?!?!  I don''t think so!

[quote user="Gingembre"][quote user="baldyboy"]Re: when will we make some signings?[/quote]

...err, when the transfer window opens I guess?????

let the hype and spin from local press and the club carry on for a week or two, think it''s June 1st the window opens, not too sure?
[/quote]

You can still arrange the transfers before the window opens, like a lot of other clubs have. Just because they won''t be a full Norwich player till June 1st doesn''t mean we can''t get some transfers sorted!

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Grando"][quote user="Wings"][quote user="Vern"]Dont get excited. We will be lied to continously from now until two weeks before the season starts when we will sign three players on the same day. These will be players that Shrewsbury, Boston, Torquay and Fakenham Town have all turned down[/quote]

What a load of unsubstantiable rubbish!
[/quote] You''re right - I''ve heard that it''s Lincoln, Mansfield and Chester![/quote]

Listen, YOUNG MAN (as the late Brian Clough was fond of saying): I would remind you that A LEGEND failed in trials for both Notts Forest and Notts County.  The only club that saw anything in him was Lincoln City who gave him his pro break aged 17.  Seasons 1993-95, 28 appearances (five goals).....

Funny old game isn''t it?

[/quote]

Camul, you''re a delight to read! Lovely post!

I believe, in the situation we''re in, we better have players coming in sooner rather than later, partly because they must gel together if we want to avoid yet another abysmal early season, partly because it could help convincing other prospects that we actually do have a team to join to.

[quote user="Wings"]

Camul: Was it Darren Anderton? :)

I must admit Lincoln is my second team as well; I studied law up there and my best mate (an Ipswich fan, oddly enough) and I would both go down and sit in the Stacey West and watch Lincoln play hoofball under Keith Alexander :)

Back then I was of the opinion that Gareth McAuley could and would make the step up. When I left there was a young lad named Lee Frecklington that was making waves. Is it him?

Btw, I''m appauled that Lincoln have released Marriot. It''s a bit like the way this club have treated Huckerby.

[/quote]

Yes, Frecklington.  Agree about Marriott - has caused the same rumpus as Huckerby this end.  Last seen limping off injured by the supporters who have backed him for nine years.

Same situation - new Manager who wants his "own" team.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

........  Last seen limping off injured by the supporters ..........

[/quote]Blimey! Couldn''t have been that popular then?!!Sorry, Camul - couldn''t resist it!