Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

Lord Mayor of Norwich!

I''m not normally one for gossip and rumours but i heard a couple talking in the club shop today and they were adamant that the Mayor has invited Huckerby and his family to a special reception at city hall and then appearing on the balcony as a way of letting the fans say goodbye. Is the Mayor still that chap from one of the supporter groups? Sorry if this has already been mentioned, personally it''s the first i''ve heard of it but to me it sounds like a good idea.

Oh sorry, I got confused between the ''Sheriff'' and the Mayor.  Both jobs for the boys as far as I can see in anycase.

I''m still convinced that a testomonial match is the best way to give Hucks a good send off, i''m sure the likes of Gunn, Iwan and Dion would all make an appearance which would surely get the attention of many City fans and therefore produce a good attendance at Carrow Road, I can''t see what''s holding the board back from getting this together.

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]I''m confused! Are you saying Roy Waller (Radio Norfolk) is the sheriff of Norwich and Roy Blower (NCISA) is the Major?[/quote]

Yes they certainly are....And the ''Puppet-Man'' is being head-hunted as the future major-shareholder of NCFC....(In between his UK Gig''s and international tours).

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

I''m still convinced that a testomonial match is the best way to give Hucks a good send off, i''m sure the likes of Gunn, Iwan and Dion would all make an appearance which would surely get the attention of many City fans and therefore produce a good attendance at Carrow Road, I can''t see what''s holding the board back from getting this together.

[/quote]

I think instead of the ''Greatest Whatever'' event.....A testimonial thank-you type of game for Dion and Hucks (similar to Physio Tim Sheppard''s Testimonial - and maybe inviting Celtic or a big-club along again? The Celtic support (half of Corby Northant''s population probably) filled the old South Stand, and it more or less attracted a full-house.....And, I''m sure that the departing duo Hucks and Dion, would waive the takings as long as it was invested in ''on the pitch activities''.......(or the youth set-up). We could also have the past and present legends of NCFC parading before the match, some half-time presentation''s and a celebratory full-time finale of some sort.....I think football folk would be more accepting and show more interest in that kind of event......Just a belated suggestion.

Quite simply it wasn''t their idea West London, don''t forget the club employ a team of people to come up with great ideas. Perhaps they would have thought of it eventually.

I heard there were two plans in the offing.  One was for a civic reception in June - balcony at City Hall, big screen with highlights of his career etc.  Hucks was keen but as he''s under contract to Norwich to the end of June the club basically put the block on it.  The other possibility is Hucks featuring as a major part of the Lord Mayor''s celebration procession on the 5th July.  City Council basically think Hucks deserves some appreciation of what he''s delivered to the people of Norwich in the time he''s been here. 

Other rumours for you:  Doc may not sign his contract - he may go to play in the US; Fotheringham''s moved from his house and is considering offers from Charlton and a club in Spain as well as our contract offer. 

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]what does a Sheriff do?[/quote]

They round up local outlaws. Infact just the other day, I think I saw Waller with Phil Mulryne and Zema Abbey tied up in the back of a transit.

[/quote]

Look ok, I admit it - I shot the Sheriff, but never did I go near no Deputy.