Sign in to follow this  
morty

I was there and it ROCKED!!!

Thats about it really, what a great day! Next time we will see the likes of today is when we win the premiership!! Keep it low.

yes, was absolutely amazing, the whole city was packed with yellow and green, the city hall presentation was awesome, truly great stuff

and the open top bus, well, words for once fail me, i will never forget it, i am truly proud of my city and my club

and we have only just started, this is the beginning of a great period in our history

cannot wait for the prem next year

see you all at the yarmouth town friendly lol

Stupendous day.

Got into the City at about 2.15 - got parked in Castle Mall and headed up to City Hall via the Club Shop which had been completely cleaned out.

My family got our place just to the left of the TV gantry outside City Hall at 3pm but it was already pretty full even at this stage, and waited, and waited - so the time was taken up playing "I-Spy" and "Guess the animal" etc with my kids and getting the odd ice-cream.

Unfortunately, the friends we arranged to meet, failed to join us - I don''t know why as I had given them decent instructions that we were the ones waving a green & yellow flag.

Once things started to get going the time went pretty quick - got inteviewed for Radio Norfolk (did you hear me Mother!) and even ended up standing next to a fellow poster on here called ''Romford Canary''.

Having seen the Cup go up, and all the players, Worthy & Delia interviewed I have to give a mention to the flypast which was fantastic.

Somehow I managed to get us up to the Castle grounds after fighting though the throngs. When I crossed the road at The Bell the sight up to the castle and back to M&S will live with me for a long time.

To top off the day, I received a call from my recruitment agent (thanks Stuart) at about 8.30pm to tell me that I had got the new job I so desperately need after a couple of months of searching.

Just fantastic!

Couldn''t be there yesterday because of work commitments but listened on the radio. Radio Norfolk''s commentary was superb really giving a descriptive account of what was going on and the atmosphere of the day came across too. Its nice to know 50,000 people care enough not only about the club but also about the City to turn up. There may have been thousands more if the parade had been on a weekend.

I would also like to apologize to the organisers of the parade. I was critical in an earlier post of the insufficient planning that had taken place but from all accounts yesterday sounds like a very successful and satisfying day for all.

Morning DL, I too was a little critical of the organisation, so I also offer a public apology - do you think our criticism was simply envy, knowing we weren''t going to be there?!

If 50,000 people care that much about the club to come out, what''s it going to be like trying to get a ticket next season??? We could sell out twice over at that rate!

What a sight, I followed it all from City Hall to the Castle and through Tombland. It was incredible to see that level of support!! I reckon if it had happened on Sunday there would have twice the turnout, but 50,000 (conservative estimate) ain''t bad for a small village like Norwich, isn''t that right London journos?

Well done to everybody for making the atmosphere so fantastic.

What an amazing day... I crawled into work this morning with a sore head, but a big grin on my face.

I''m putting together a web based photo collection of the season, and in particular the last couple of weeks... If anyone has any photos that they''re be generous enough to send me to be included that would be great!

http://www.mrcarrow.co.uk/ - if you''ve got anything i could use!

Thanks

John

Temp, I reckon that if you haven''t got a season ticket it will be nigh on impossible to get in at CR next season - theres no chance even with the numbers of casual tickets set aside. You probably won''t be able to do a "Preston" either.

Away tickets are the best bet. Although 1000 away season tickets have been sold this number will fall away. Very few who are not "hardcore" (Im not going to start an argument by trying to define that) will have the stamina to complete the season especially if Sunderland get promoted. It will mean 3 trips to the north east and 6 (off the top of my head) to the north west. I think after Christmas tickets will be more freely available to the long distance away trips - OK if you''ve got the time/money to travel I guess.

Still if everyone out celebrating last night is a Member that is a positive thing but imagine they weren''t.

I was and still am envious that I couldn''t make it last night but my criticism was more in fear that the Council would stuff the plans up (they do have considerable form) and everyone''s enjoyment would be curtailed. Luckily, this didn''t happen. A good night was had by those who were there at least and the Council did us proud.

I will never forget it. Thought it would have been good if the RAF could have come up with some green and yellow smoke though. Seen them do it with red white and blue.

nmtd

so glad you got the job and on the BIG day too, just another of those amazing things that has happened this year!!

Well done, the castle grounds on TV looked brilliant, i was at tombland and it was really wild!!

Boy, does this city know how to have a good time

DL, the club have already stated that they will operate a similar ticket allocation system for members as they did during the new build this season, so I will definitely be hopeful of a few games.......will be trying my luck with away tickets, that''s for sure, living where I do! And I''m always guaranteed a ticket at Goodison in the home end, so will at least see that game!

Anyway, very, very envious of everyone who was there last night!

p.s. as an ex-RAF man myself, I can tell you that it would have cost tens of thousands to do the yellow & green smoke thing, and then it is only really display aircraft that are capable of that kind of thing.......

I am moving down to near brighton to work during the week at the end of June and being a season ticket holder means that there will be midweek games that I will not make

So if anyone wants to be keep in mind let me know Although I must make sure firstly that I am not letting a thug have my ticket or someone who will get me banned no offence to all you decent fans

I know this is probably not the right place to put this post but thought this is a good link to the chance of people getting tickets

Last night was incredible for the atmosphere alone, although it was tough standing for hours after standing up at work for several hours. (My feet still haven''t recovered fully!) Anyway, I''m glad that everyone seemed to heed the advice given before the events took place and no one was badly hurt...although I hear that several people fainted in front of City hall for obvious reasons. Although I am truly glad I was there and will remember the occasion always, I couldn''t believe that a reasonably elderly gentleman, who was a good fifteen inches taller than me, looked round at me, made a joke about my not being able to see anything much, and then continued to stand in front of me when the buses came past instead of letting me stand in front of him right next to the barrier. To add insult to injury, as the buses passed he raised both arms and started spinning his scarf round and round. I saw nothing of any players, the trophy, or Worthy...nothing, and I was upset by this. But, hey...I was there, and I know that there are so many of you out there who would have loved to have been there but couldn''t, so I''m not going to give it any more thought, except to say that I wished my flagpole''s pole had not been kept under quite such good control! (Please forgive my naughtiness if you are about Peter Crouch''s height and about 65+ years old, and NO it wasn''t his dad!)

hi olster1
If you cannot make the mid week games then give us a shout cos i would love to go and watch the team i love. The mid week games would suit me fine as i have to work most saturdays anyway(hence no season ticket). I promise that i am a good supporter and that i would love to borrow your ticket.

Hope you enjoy south coast Brighton is a great place. My email is richard.rayner@ntlworld.com let me know please mate.

I wasn''t there because of work commitments - travelling for four hours on a Monday evening wouldn''t of gone down too well with the missus, nor would taking another afternoon off work!

It looked really good on the TV and I am a little dissapointed but I was at Crewe which was the party for the ''real'' fans ;)

Yeah it was a good night...and to cap it all I had loads of people who know me ring and tell me that I appeared really clearly in one of the EDP photos...fame at last, of a sort!!

Susie - you didnt try to throw your knickers at Hucks on the top of the bus then? Was a moving target too tricky?

Great day despite nearly getting arrested for climbing the tree in the middle of tombland after the end of the parade!

Kathy, I cannot believe you are suggesting I would ever do such a thing! You are forgetting that I would have had the lucky green you-know-whats on the day before at the Crewe beamback (which I did), and would not have had time to wash said item before the next evening''s parade. (Surely you don''t think I should have worn them dirty and then had the audacity to remove them before attempting to send them into orbit? And to imagine them, once removed, being hurled at our legend-in-the-making? No, no, no, no, no. Never! On second thoughts, this might have been a good idea to shock the elderly beanpole in front of me into giving me a decent view, but I wouldn''t have been so bold or desperate, even if the sun was out! It did turn pretty chilly by the time the buses started their journey and I might have risked nether-pneumonia, not to mention arrest!!!)

I''m just about to head in to town to get my photos back.

I came up from London especially, and was wandering around the city for a good couple of hours while I waited for my friend to finish work at 5.30. I was just soaking up the atmosphere, loving every minute of being back in my Fine City for the afternoon.

Eventually met up with my mate in the crowd somewhere near the Guild Hall. We were on the phone to each other, saying ''Can you see me? I''m near the woman with the balloons, I''ve holding up my green hooter!''

It was a challenge, but we eventually found each other.

The whole day was immense, especially the parade. We were on the Castle Hill round toward the end of Castle Meadow, I was the one with the high-pitched hooter, and the big flag of St. George with NCFC in Green and Yellow letters. We were right at the front of the hill, and just about eye level with the players.

Walking down Prince of Wales back to the train station was awesome too. Every single car seemed to be hooting their horns, and everyone was in great spirits.

The 9.10 train to London was full of Canary fans too, and it was great getting off at Liverpool St. at 11.30, watching all the yellow and green. I didn''t even mind that we were delayed at Stowmarket for half an hour, waiting for the police to arrive to arrest someone who had alledgedly assaulted the conductor!

What a day. I was there. I witnessed one of the greatest moments in our club''s history. I''ll never forget it.

OTBC

BG were you the guy who climbed the tree just outside Cafe Uno were you? Cos he seemed to be stuck on a branch facing the wrong way!

Probably just as well you didnt Susie. If you had got the trajectory wrong, they may have landed in Neil Doncasters lap!

The Great Drinkell,
Gazza is a female and wouldn''t look anything like ''a fat bloke up a tree'' so it wasnt her you saw!

That guy up the tree was hilarious!

stuck up a tree, we having a laugh.....

I didn''t think he was going to make it down again without the help of the fire service.

And he wasn''t even facing the right way!!!

John
If you got a photo of that (or anything else for that matter), please send us it....
http://www.mrcarrow.co.uk/

:)