Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Teams with bigger Transfer Budgets than us?

QPR, Sheffield United, Wolves, Ipswich, Reading, Birmingham, Crystal Palace,Coventry, Derby

Possibly Forest, Charlton and Cardiff.

It is going to be impossible to buy a squad capable of winning promotion.

I dont know, but all those clubs above probably have between £5m to £15m excluding QPR 100 billion.

We always have around £2.5m maximum unless we sell anyone.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

QPR, Sheffield United, Wolves, Ipswich, Reading, Birmingham, Crystal Palace,Coventry, Derby

[/quote]

Because Bristol City, Hull and Stoke had massive transfer budgets this season...

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Because Bristol City, Hull and Stoke had massive transfer budgets this season...

[/quote]

stoke defiantly spent more than you guys this season

and i think bristol city maybe slightly ahead of you or not v.far of you this season as well

yes but Bristol City had players who were settled and established. we have neither money NOR a settled team. Indeed I would go as far as to say that the constant chopping and changing of personel has been our greatest downfall. Look at how many players the teams at the bottom field compared to those at the top- and the stats bear it out/.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Sheffield United maybe not, they spent big last year and would definately have to keep one eye on failure to get promoted.  Crystal Palace are no different to us, they wont have a huge budget and will probably sell a couple to raise funds.  Cardiff, no way they were on the verge of administration not so long back, they will have a budget but I doubt it will be huge. 

I think only QPR are going to try and buy the league personally.  And remember, it isn''t what you have got its how you spend it.  After its spent, its how you use it.  Sheffield United are the perfect example of the fact that you can have all the money in the world but if the manager is a muppet then it is all pointless....

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and i think bristol city maybe slightly ahead of you or not v.far of you this season as well

[/quote]

Did they really.  Got a stat to back that up.  We spent a decent amount of cash last summer, just spent it very badly. 

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]yes but Bristol City had players who were settled and established. we have neither money NOR a settled team. Indeed I would go as far as to say that the constant chopping and changing of personel has been our greatest downfall. Look at how many players the teams at the bottom field compared to those at the top- and the stats bear it out/.[/quote]

I agree with your comment.  It was a settled side that got Colchester in the CCC and a settled side which nearly reached the playoffs.  It was an unsettled side and chopping and changing through injury which got us out of it.

I think the biggest problem for Nodge is not how much they can afford to invest, compared to other CCC sides, but rather their ''starting point'' in relation to these sides. Teams who missed out this year (Watford, Palace, Wolves, Ipswich) could probably all invest £0 over the summer and still be likely to finish in the top half. The same is clearly not true of Norwich.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Are you trying to say that Hull, Bristol City and Stoke all had bigger transfer budgets than every team below them this season?

[quote user="YellowRages"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

Are you trying to say that Hull, Bristol City and Stoke all had bigger transfer budgets than every team below them this season?

[/quote]

I see this has already been covered above......Sorry

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did they really.  Got a stat to back that up.  We spent a decent amount of cash last summer, just spent it very badly. 

[/quote]

I think we only spent 1.5 million max last year, hardly a decent amount of cash by todays standards unless you want to get relegated..

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ricky knight"]Kings Lynn and Wroxham.[/quote]I''d have said Lowestoft myself Ricky.[/quote]

The local W.I knitting club probably does too, and they don''t even have a football team.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="we8wba"][quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think we only spent 1.5 million max last year, hardly a decent amount of cash by todays standards unless you want to get relegated..

[/quote]

No we spent more.  Marshall was close to £1m, Russell 300K, Cureton 700K + all the signing fees for Murray, Strihavka, Otsemebor.  Thats over £2m, comfortably.  I think Roeder could do decent things with that amount of money, and that isn''t a weak transfer budget by any stretch.

£2 million hardly buys you one good player, to think Roeder can rebuild our entire squad (and thats what we need) with that amount of money is laughable .To give us any chance whatsoever of competing at the top end of this table we need around £8 million .

We did recieve more than 5 million for the players we sold so in reality we wouldn''t have had a transfer budget at all if we hadn''t sold anyone, all that after we were assured by Doncaster that ALL money recieved for players would be spent on replacements, and I was born yesterday.

[quote user="jimmy500"]No we spent more.  Marshall was close to £1m, Russell 300K, Cureton 700K + all the signing fees for Murray, Strihavka, Otsemebor.  Thats over £2m, comfortably.  I think Roeder could do decent things with that amount of money, and that isn''t a weak transfer budget by any stretch.[/quote]

Last Season we sold Etuhu 1.5M, Erny 3.5M, Safri 200K, Hughes 350K, Colin 100K and released McVeigh, Thorne and Henderson freeing up wages.

Thats a good 5 million + back into the club at a minimum.  Obviouisly our running costs outweigh are income so how much of this money can be reinvested in the team is a moot point. 

We definately had 1 million to spend on Taylor in January, and Lewis and Brown went for a combined 800K.

[quote user="kdncfc"]We did recieve more than 5 million for the players we sold so in reality we wouldn''t have had a transfer budget at all if we hadn''t sold anyone, all that after we were assured by Doncaster that ALL money recieved for players would be spent on replacements, and I was born yesterday.[/quote]

Spot on apart from we actually sold £6.3m worth last season.  And we can add Sheff.Wed. to the list if their takeover goes ahead.  I spoke to a member of their supporters trust after the game and you really don`t want to know the sort of figures they`ve been assured will be available.......[:O] [:(]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]We did recieve more than 5 million for the players we sold so in reality we wouldn''t have had a transfer budget at all if we hadn''t sold anyone, all that after we were assured by Doncaster that ALL money recieved for players would be spent on replacements, and I was born yesterday.[/quote]

Spot on apart from we actually sold £6.3m worth last season.  And we can add Sheff.Wed. to the list if their takeover goes ahead.  I spoke to a member of their supporters trust after the game and you really don`t want to know the sort of figures they`ve been assured will be available.......[:O] [:(]

[/quote]

Something like the 12 million Ipswich were going to have last January no doubt. Why is it you are so ready to believe the nonsense that is raised by other clubs and so quick to put down your own club? Sporadic criticism is one thing Mr. Carrow. Looking for every possible opportunity to attack your own club leaves your agenda open to question. Mello Yello did a similar thing the other day in contemplating how much Nottingham Forest, Swansea and Leeds ( if they are promoted ) will be spending compared to us. No mention of how long these clubs have languished at lower levels versus Norwich.

Of course you don''t necessarily need big bucks to do well in this league.

Bristol City, Colchester, Hull, Palace, Plymouth and Preston to name a few. All sides that haven''t spend big, but have have successful campaigns in the past 2 or 3 years.

As to the question of our budget this season- obviously I don''t know, but from what I heard last summer, and what I am assuming has been carried forward to this year, I think we may be pleasntly suprised. Cue the £10 sarccy comments!

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

With the current Board - yes you are correct, and with the exception of Sheff Utd, we will have bigger match attendances than all of them.

without wanting to sound like manager or the board, it really is about signing the right sort of player at the right place...logic obviusly suggests that if you have more money then others, theres a higher chance that you''re finisher higher, however this is by no means certain

people have already named several clubs that havent had the biggest budgets but have managed a top 6 finish, i think perhaps the best example is probably us the year we won the trophy with worthington...we had a squad of players that were settled, linked well and all done their jobs with the odd player who could create that killer pass be it mulryne, mcveigh or holt...we had the crucial right mix of brain and braun

I honestly think that with the right loan signings and the addition of 3 or 4 quality players (a centre back, 2 strikers and centre mid) then we will have the ability to make a top 6 finish, the rest is up to the performances, the luck on injurys and suspensions gained.

Marshall, drury, otsemmbor, shackell (with the right partner, as he demonsrated with tiny taylor), fozzy, russell, croft, chadwick are all good enough at the ccc level to get the top 6, combine these with 4 or 5 good season long loans and potential bargain buys i.e hoolahan who is a quality player rest assured, and david bell more recently who ive seen 5 or 6 times then its possible

yes it will be asking alot but at the end of the day like we have this year (and probably even more so next year) any club really can go down or up

[quote user="The Lord"]

without wanting to sound like manager or the board, it really is about signing the right sort of player at the right place...logic obviusly suggests that if you have more money then others, theres a higher chance that you''re finisher higher, however this is by no means certain

people have already named several clubs that havent had the biggest budgets but have managed a top 6 finish, i think perhaps the best example is probably us the year we won the trophy with worthington...we had a squad of players that were settled, linked well and all done their jobs with the odd player who could create that killer pass be it mulryne, mcveigh or holt...we had the crucial right mix of brain and braun

I honestly think that with the right loan signings and the addition of 3 or 4 quality players (a centre back, 2 strikers and centre mid) then we will have the ability to make a top 6 finish, the rest is up to the performances, the luck on injurys and suspensions gained.

Marshall, drury, otsemmbor, shackell (with the right partner, as he demonsrated with tiny taylor), fozzy, russell, croft, chadwick are all good enough at the ccc level to get the top 6, combine these with 4 or 5 good season long loans and potential bargain buys i.e hoolahan who is a quality player rest assured, and david bell more recently who ive seen 5 or 6 times then its possible

yes it will be asking alot but at the end of the day like we have this year (and probably even more so next year) any club really can go down or up

[/quote]

by ''right place'' i meant ''right price'' [;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Something like the 12 million Ipswich were going to have last January no doubt. Why is it you are so ready to believe the nonsense that is raised by other clubs and so quick to put down your own club? Sporadic criticism is one thing Mr. Carrow. Looking for every possible opportunity to attack your own club leaves your agenda open to question. Mello Yello did a similar thing the other day in contemplating how much Nottingham Forest, Swansea and Leeds ( if they are promoted ) will be spending compared to us. No mention of how long these clubs have languished at lower levels versus Norwich.

[/quote]

Where did i say i believed it?  I am talking about a conversation i had on the bus between Sheffield and Bradfield with a member of the supporters trust who definately seemed to know her stuff (been to all the meetings, asked questions etc.).  When i brought up the subject of R.Chase her comment was "He`d have sold his grandmother, that man"- like i say, she knew her stuff [;)] 

The figure the consortium are quoting is a lot, lot more than the £12m mentioned above and to be blunt, i don`t believe it.  But even a quarter of the figure mentioned would dwarf whatever we have to spend and this person was adamant that it was going ahead as "the three men who run the club have had enough and want out".  Make of it what you will.

[quote user="tHeBrOKeNSeAT"][quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They all spent more than they sold.  We made another multi-million profit in the transfer market.