Sign in to follow this  
The Jinx

Norwich fans

Firstly let me say I am a Norwich fan and not an Ipswich fan winding you all up!

What must Glenn Roeder think of Norwich fans? The knives appear to be out for him as he has sold Huckerby but lets give the bloke a chance, as lets face it without GR we could have been in league 1 next season.

About the Huckerby debacle, it wasn''t handled particularly well and he was worthy of a send-off similar to what Dublin got. 

Good luck to Hucks but when the chips were down he didn''t help. Look at his attitude towards Grant, saying it was the worst city side ever. He was a good championship player, but thats all really. Defenders knew exactly what to expect from him.

To be fair to Roeder , he''s said Huckerby wouldn''t be first choice next season and I can''t imagine him sticking it off in the reserves for long so best for all parties.

[quote user="The Jinx "]

Firstly let me say I am a Norwich fan and not an Ipswich fan winding you all up!

What must Glenn Roeder think of Norwich fans? The knives appear to be out for him as he has sold Huckerby but lets give the bloke a chance, as lets face it without GR we could have been in league 1 next season.

About the Huckerby debacle, it wasn''t handled particularly well and he was worthy of a send-off similar to what Dublin got. 

Good luck to Hucks but when the chips were down he didn''t help. Look at his attitude towards Grant, saying it was the worst city side ever. He was a good championship player, but thats all really. Defenders knew exactly what to expect from him.

To be fair to Roeder , he''s said Huckerby wouldn''t be first choice next season and I can''t imagine him sticking it off in the reserves for long so best for all parties.

[/quote]

Good points. Just wait for the comments saying "Yeah, but Hucks was just telling it like it is".

Yes he was. But it didn''t actually help the cause of Norwich City, did it? Just made his teammates dislike him.

[quote user="The Jinx "]

[/quote]Sorry to do this but '' Defenders knew exactly what to expect from him '' did''nt do them much good did it..........www.youtube.com/watch?v=el3Q0-A9GN4or as I predict the link won''t work as they never do for me, cut & paste it, then put it in your pipe and smoke it.

Norwich are different from no other fans, they want a winning team and to be told the truth not BS and spin. As for Hux, lets see who takes his place before we decide if he would have been in reserves or not, he was well worth keeping as an impact player imo  but with a good pre season and injury free who knows what he could have done, the whole business was shoddy. As for Grants team or was the worst city team for decades and it still aint that great now.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Norwich are different from no other fans, they want a winning team and to be told the truth not BS and spin. As for Hux, lets see who takes his place before we decide if he would have been in reserves or not, he was well worth keeping as an impact player imo  but with a good pre season and injury free who knows what he could have done, the whole business was shoddy. As for Grants team or was the worst city team for decades and it still aint that great now.[/quote]

No, your right it still isn''t great now but these things take time and thats what we need to give GR. We all saw his record on a previous thread, (last 30games, 7th in league), now lets just let him shape his own team.

I kept hearing people say that about Grant, what happened. Roeders record is very misleading about 20 points since end of jauary, with HIS window, dont look too good in my book.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I kept hearing people say that about Grant, what happened. Roeders record is very misleading about 20 points since end of jauary, with HIS window, dont look too good in my book.[/quote]

So what your saying is dont give him much time, we must have success straightaway? Who are we? Leicester? This club needs stability no chopping and changing!

I dont think the stats were misleading, they were FACTS, its what GR achieved with only one permanent signing and a few loanees. I think what he achieved was great considering he hardly spent a penny in HIS window. He could have paid over inflated January prices but he chose not too. Thats bloody good management imo.

But thats your opinion i dont agree we missed relegation by  just 3 points,  and i have said on many occassions, I will judge Roeder come xmas, I just feel he is starting to make ricketts imo.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I kept hearing people say that about Grant, what happened. Roeders record is very misleading about 20 points since end of jauary, with HIS window, dont look too good in my book.[/quote]The guy obtained us an average of 1.6 points a game, after we''d been getting an average of around 0.5 points a game - if that isn''t a turnaround of enormous proportions I don''t know what is. Perhaps you think we should''ve routed the league once he''d arrived. Even if the best manager in the world had come I doubt he''d have been able to achieve much more

[quote user="ricky knight"]But thats your opinion i dont agree we missed relegation by  just 3 points,  and i have said on many occassions, I will judge Roeder come xmas, I just feel he is starting to make ricketts imo.[/quote]

But then thats the difference. We were bottom of the table by six points. Most peoples idea of success from that point is survival, yours is obviously much higher.

One could argue that we got ourselves our of danger then back into it, in which case hes a victim of his own success.

But as with you, ill wait and see whether he is the quality manager he has appeared to be at times, or someone who will just end up leaving on terms after a season or so. I dont think we can judge with any significance until the end of next season.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I kept hearing people say that about Grant, what happened. Roeders record is very misleading about 20 points since end of jauary, with HIS window, dont look too good in my book.[/quote]

IMO Either the board gave Roeder enough funds in january but he didn''t use it (his fault), or Roeder wasn''t backed and therefore couldn''t make many (or any) changes (boards fault).

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="ricky knight"]I kept hearing people say that about Grant, what happened. Roeders record is very misleading about 20 points since end of jauary, with HIS window, dont look too good in my book.[/quote]

The guy obtained us an average of 1.6 points a game, after we''d been getting an average of around 0.5 points a game - if that isn''t a turnaround of enormous proportions I don''t know what is. Perhaps you think we should''ve routed the league once he''d arrived. Even if the best manager in the world had come I doubt he''d have been able to achieve much more
[/quote]

End of January we still had a chance of the playoffs but his window was a bunch of kiddy loanees he was under the cosh to play and changed and tinkered when not needed imo. 20 points for the remaider of the season reflects that. imo anyone who took over from Grant would do better, have a honeymoon period but as i say as always time will tell, i have not lost faith in Roeder yet, i have my worries and i certainly dont see him as god like some of the Percy''s on here.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="ricky knight"]I kept hearing people say that about Grant, what happened. Roeders record is very misleading about 20 points since end of jauary, with HIS window, dont look too good in my book.[/quote]

The guy obtained us an average of 1.6 points a game, after we''d been getting an average of around 0.5 points a game - if that isn''t a turnaround of enormous proportions I don''t know what is. Perhaps you think we should''ve routed the league once he''d arrived. Even if the best manager in the world had come I doubt he''d have been able to achieve much more
[/quote]

End of January we still had a chance of the playoffs but his window was a bunch of kiddy loanees he was under the cosh to play and changed and tinkered when not needed imo. 20 points for the remaider of the season reflects that. imo anyone who took over from Grant would do better, have a honeymoon period but as i say as always time will tell, i have not lost faith in Roeder yet, i have my worries and i certainly dont see him as god like some of the Percy''s on here.

[/quote]

I saw someone suggest last night that people describe Doherty as the glue that holds the team together. Ive never seen that, and ive never seen anyone describe Roeder in such a way. Id love to be shown where anyone is that way inclined (Although am more interested to see where anyone has described the doc as the glue that holds the team together, but nevermind) So im not sure why you level that at people. Just most people are realistic. You say at end of January we had a chance at the playoffs. And who was that down to? We went from bottom of the table by 6 points in october, to the playoff hunt in January. As I said earlier, is he a victim of his own success? And before you bring it back to Warnock as you tend to do, yes hes done arguably the best job this season, no ones arguing that at all.

And before I get called a percy or any stupid name like that, I have my doubts about his character. And am certainly not convinced his spell here will be a long and successful one.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Exactly!

I respect Roeder for turning things around but possibly any new manager coming in would have had the same honeymoon period effect?

I genuinely believe if we had signed Taylor plus at least one other decent player in January then we could of made a serious bid for the play offs and been safe from relegation much, much sooner than we were. I feel Roeder took his foot of the pedal thinking we were already safe and started to alter a successfull team and formation which we suffered for although he''ll never admit it. Pearce showed much potential but should not of been in side ahead of Doc or Shacks. Henry was just simply so inept it was painfull and don''t listen to all this crap now being said about Gibbs. He was poor and even though he got better in his last 2 games he still was no threat and made no mark on the games.

I firmly believe Roeder has to be given time and we need stability.

BUT his baffling decisions to change a winning team and formation in order to accomodate out of their depth loanees and add to that last weeks decision to release the still highly influential and more than good enough Hucks from what is already a painfully thin squad makes me feel that Roeder is going turn out a dud!

AND your gut instincts are normally the correct ones!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Norwich are different from no other fans, they want a winning team and to be told the truth not BS and spin. As for Hux, lets see who takes his place before we decide if he would have been in reserves or not, he was well worth keeping as an impact player imo  but with a good pre season and injury free who knows what he could have done, the whole business was shoddy. As for Grants team or was the worst city team for decades and it still aint that great now.[/quote]An impact player in the Championship on Premiership wages? Sorry but even when you put your "spin" on it - it doesn''t sound too good. And as Roeder said, Huckerby is not a super-sub, he doesn''t like being on the bench he wants to be starting games.

I  meant at worse he was a impact player but believe a good pre season and injury free spell would see Hux still doing the business and who said he would not take a pay cut, i have been advised it was never offered or talked about.

I still laugh when people say about Hucks staying next season as an IMPACT player from the bench!

Towards the end of last season he was one of our best when he got fit and thats even when Roeder was playing him out of position on the right hand side!

Do you really think we are going to sign that many great players that had Hucks stayed he would of been relegated to the bench!!!

A fit Hucks would of been a first choice next season which is why Roeders decision to release him is so wide of the mark!

[quote user="scott"]

I still laugh when people say about Hucks staying next season as an IMPACT player from the bench!

Towards the end of last season he was one of our best when he got fit and thats even when Roeder was playing him out of position on the right hand side!

Do you really think we are going to sign that many great players that had Hucks stayed he would of been relegated to the bench!!!

A fit Hucks would of been a first choice next season which is why Roeders decision to release him is so wide of the mark!

[/quote]I think many fans are clutching at straws and just hoping in the face of reality that all Roeder is doing is for the best. Understandable, because we are desperate for some success. There is however a lot of burying heads in the sand syndrome in denial of Roeders treatment of people.