Sign in to follow this  
JohnoBono

IN THE CAN

[quote user="JohnoBono"]I have just heard from a reliable person that we have two defenders, a striker and a wide left winger/midfielder in the can. I am told that we will be more than pleased when we see these arrivals. Whats more we will fully understand why Roeder has let Hucks go because we have more than replaced him. I know that we are outside the transfer window but I have been assured that ''they are in the can!'' For those of you who remember the reliable person has been spot on before.   [/quote]

So when will this be confirmed then Johno??

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED24%20May%202008%2010%3A44%3A48%3A247

This doesn''t article doesn''t inspire much confidence, certainly doesn''t give the impression that we have players and they are just waiting to announce them. I''m sure its not this bad but it sounds like Glenn is still looking at a list, surely we should be getting in there before other clubs do, I feel that speed is our only friend here because we certainly cannot compete financially, geographically or ambition wise, as has been proven in recent times.

[/quote]

''“We have just signed one, haven''t we?” he said, referring to Fotheringham.

“He had an excellent season and he improved a lot during it. He is very reliable, has great leadership qualities and is a great person to have around."

Wish they would''nt try and persuade us that deals such as this are ''new'' signings.  I understand technically they are but please.
[/quote]

i think the Fozzy "signing" was the nice suprise roeder was on about that would take place in May.... suprised there wasnt a huge press conference.

jas :)

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Sport/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED24%20May%202008%2010%3A44%3A48%3A247

This doesn''t article doesn''t inspire much confidence, certainly doesn''t give the impression that we have players and they are just waiting to announce them. I''m sure its not this bad but it sounds like Glenn is still looking at a list, surely we should be getting in there before other clubs do, I feel that speed is our only friend here because we certainly cannot compete financially, geographically or ambition wise, as has been proven in recent times.

[/quote]

“We have been targeting players but it is up to the manager then to decide which ones he wants to pursue,” said Stephenson. “Glenn has been doing that and he has spoken to a few. I won''t name names obviously but it is just a case of dealing with them and their representatives and seeing what transpires."

A bit more positive than "looking at a list" as you make out......

i really do reckon that johnno could be right but i was just wondering when these 4 new signings will be announced???????

I think we will be looking at when contracts are up, but I think I have more chance of Becoming POPE and I am an Athiest

[quote user="1st Wizard"]i have more chance of growing boobs than these predictions coming true[/quote]you already have

Well Johnho, have you done a runner with your mysterious but supposedly reliable source?  Come on Johnho whats the latest?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Well Johnho, have you done a runner with your mysterious but supposedly reliable source?  Come on Johnho whats the latest?

[/quote]

I think its time you all accepted he was talking out of his backside.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You could make a lot of money as a novelty act doing that.

No news is just that - no news.  It is not neccesarily bad news.

We had a week of press conferences last season - why should this season be any different ?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You could make a lot of money as a novelty act doing that.

[/quote]

Someone should tell our board. They love making lots of money and talking out of their backsides.

If I had to guess who these mysterious ''in the can'' players were it''d be Hoolahan, Gorkks, Taylor and Evans. 

Hoolahan I believe we will sign

Gorkks is less likely and I believe QPR are interested

Taylor is possible but McLeish has said he may have a future at Brum

Evans is a no go - he has performed too well to be sold and will not feature back at Norwich IMO

There is also talk of Ameobi which I think is more likely - might he have been one of the famous 4?

I think Betrand might be a possible one, can''t see him getting anywhere near the 1st team at Chelski.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]I''ll go for Bertrand, Matt Jackson, Hoolahan and Martin Paterson [:D][/quote]

Sorry, meant to put Matt Jackson/Alex Pearce.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Nice.....but my head says Im dreaming [;)][/quote]

Same here in all honesty, but if you can''t dream then what can you do?