Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

...If Hucks goes to Toronto I'm buying their strip instead of our own as protest

[quote user="Wings"]Nice shirt; but I think I''d rather draw a line under it all and support Norwich rather than Huckerby.[/quote]

Hear hear.

I support the team over any individuals. Sad to see him go but that`s life.....sh!t happens

[quote user="Scottlarock"]

Hux''s heart would burst with pride if a load of us had Toronto (if he goes there) tops on at the start of the season. Imagine 100 plus fans all photographed in the papers as our unofficial way of saying goodbye as well as cocking a snoop towards the club politely and in a way they would have to comment. Honestly, I think this is the way to do it. Come on posters, what do you say?

[/quote]

Hux''s bank balance would burst if he goes to Toronto! As would the dreams of those on this board that think he''s a premiership quality footballer...

I would buy one but £46 for a Yanks football club shirt isn''t exactly cheap, it would only be worth doing if it was successful at proveing a point to our board which I don''t think it will unless there are a couple of hundred City fans with the Toronto shirt at Carrow Road.

Count me in for the Toronto shirts... think it''s a great way to show the club what we think.

order a small for me though ;)

I may well purchase the shirt of the club he goes to (abroad) with HUCKERBY on the back. £46.00 is a bit steep however and I''m not going to boycott our own strip !

I wouldn''t buy it out of protest or complaint, but because I think the guys a legend.

Wow, glad I''m not the only one who thought this would be a good idea - I''d been eyeing some online stores for a week or so now in case Hucks signs for Toronto.http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=2761&Product_Id=274346&showcase=tPete, if Hucks does sign and you do get a whole batch done, count me in for one, too

That shirt is quality.Reckon Hucks would fit in nicely there with Robinson and Brennan already there to welcome him.I watched their game vs LA Galaxy a couple of weeks back.  Toronto won 3-2 with Laurent Robert scoring the winner, and Robinson had Beckham in his pocket!  They had Laurent Robert out left, Robinson Centre Mid with Maurice Edu (USA International) other Centre Mid and Rohan Ricketts (former Spurs) on the right.  Danny Dichio was up front, so I could see Hucks possibly playing up front with him.Get me involved in the bulk order!

[quote user="SouthamptonCanary"]I said to my mate the other day that I will buy the shirt with Huckerby on the back of whatever club he goes to as long as it is abroad.  But it won''t stop me buying the new Norwich shirt
[/quote]

i will be doing the same....

.......I can definitely get some Toronto tops cheaper (if he signs of course). If people are interested then make a contribution to the thread or you can wait till Darren actually signs for someone - then I''ll start a new thread with details if you are interested.Don''t got to the ''Greatest ever event'' - save your dosh and put it towards a celebration of one of our ''Greatest players'' in a way that won''t be forgotten quickly.

[quote user="Marty"]futile!

you can do what you like, but it''s a pointless gesture.
[/quote]

Calm down.  Someone on the "Hucks in Toronto" thread asked where they could get a shirt so I bumped up this thread as it has some info on it.

[quote user="Marty"]futile!you can do what you like, but it''s a pointless gesture.[/quote]Absolutely spot on. Nothing wrong with following Hucks career and nothing wrong with buying a shirt. But to do it to spite the club seems a little childish. Footballers come and go and in the grander scheme of things I personally think it was the right decision. He was probably on a fair wack and those funds will probably go on 2-3 players wages. Then again we''re struggling to bring any one in at this point in time it seems.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Marty"]futile!you can do what you like, but it''s a pointless gesture.[/quote]

Calm down.  Someone on the "Hucks in Toronto" thread asked where they could get a shirt so I bumped up this thread as it has some info on it.

[/quote]Why say calm down? my opinion is that it is a futile gesture, i''d rather support the club than make a hollow gesture about a player who has left becuase the deal wasn''t right for him. A great player yes, but past his best and we need to move on. I just get a tad bored of the constant whinning from so called fans about anything and everything.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Marty"]futile!

you can do what you like, but it''s a pointless gesture.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why say calm down? my opinion is that it is a futile gesture, i''d rather support the club than make a hollow gesture about a player who has left becuase the deal wasn''t right for him. A great player yes, but past his best and we need to move on.

I just get a tad bored of the constant whinning from so called fans about anything and everything.
[/quote]

Apologies Marty, I thought you thought I''d bumped up the thread to try and get the campaign going again.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Marty"]futile!you can do what you like, but it''s a pointless gesture.[/quote]

[/quote]Why say calm down? my opinion is that it is a futile gesture, i''d rather support the club than make a hollow gesture about a player who has left becuase the deal wasn''t right for him. A great player yes, but past his best and we need to move on. I just get a tad bored of the constant whinning from so called fans about anything and everything.[/quote]it''s not futile as such as I''m not trying to achieve anything nor would it to be to ''spite'' the club. People often say loyalty in football is futile - however DH was very loyal to us and i''m sure his word will pan out when he doesn''t play for anyone else in England. If that happens then I will reward his loyalty using the gesture of buying a shirt and putting his name on. It''s a small gesture from one person....however it''s with more heart and honesty than the club showed him while planning his exit.This gesture will not detract from the support of my club however this is an issue that still needs fixing. To be clear once again - I don''t want him back, I think Glenn made the right decision - but the club were pathetic in managing his exit.

Without reading the whole thread, I can say that you definitely won''t find a Toronto shirt in Walmart :P

At least not here in Canada anyways. ;)

[quote user="Daveisonfire"]Without reading the whole thread, I can say that you definitely won''t find a Toronto shirt in Walmart :P At least not here in Canada anyways. ;)[/quote]

Silly question: Do you live in Toronto?

Sorry, I''ve just read your other posts and realise you do. Is it nicer than England? Might move there if the football is bad here, and it would always be a pleasure to watch Hucks for a few more years!

Having never been to England, I guess that''s something you''d have to decide for yourself. A visit is definitely recommended! And come during the summer during the football season...I think you''ll be surprised at what us Canadians can do :)

The quality of football is getting better and better, but it''s still not exactly impressive.

I guess you''d just have to decide for yourself on that too, really haha. There are a couple archived games here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/player/

MLS on CBC >>> Complete Games >>> Choose a game (Starting from the April 19th game, the ones before are pre-season games)

I think people need to draw a distinction between moving on and remembering and respecting the legend! It is possible to do both. I accept the decision not to offer him a new contract (even if i''d have given him one more year), but i''d also love to buy a Toronto shirt with his name on if he went there.

[quote user="Daveisonfire"]Having never been to England, I guess that''s something you''d have to decide for yourself. A visit is definitely recommended! And come during the summer during the football season...I think you''ll be surprised at what us Canadians can do :) The quality of football is getting better and better, but it''s still not exactly impressive. I guess you''d just have to decide for yourself on that too, really haha. There are a couple archived games here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/player/ MLS on CBC >>> Complete Games >>> Choose a game (Starting from the April 19th game, the ones before are pre-season games)[/quote]

That''s a bloody good idea especially as it coincides with our close season.  Miles better than endless waiting for signings that hardly ever materialise.  (I realise that sounds a bit patronising, hope you know what I mean.)

When does your season start?

And more importantly does anyone know if we can view MLS games over here, on what channel?  That would be a good way to get into MLS.

[quote user="Daveisonfire"]Having never been to England, I guess that''s something you''d have to decide for yourself. A visit is definitely recommended! And come during the summer during the football season...I think you''ll be surprised at what us Canadians can do :) The quality of football is getting better and better, but it''s still not exactly impressive. I guess you''d just have to decide for yourself on that too, really haha. There are a couple archived games here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/player/ MLS on CBC >>> Complete Games >>> Choose a game (Starting from the April 19th game, the ones before are pre-season games)[/quote]

You must be speaking of a Toronto Argonaut game against Hamilton Tiger Cats because, as you acknowledge, the MLS is not exactly impressive. Still, Huckerby may find the Toronto experience rewarding, although Toronto has lost some of the appeal of years gone by.  

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

That''s a bloody good idea especially as it coincides with our close season.  Miles better than endless waiting for signings that hardly ever materialise.  (I realise that sounds a bit patronising, hope you know what I mean.)

And more importantly does anyone know if we can view MLS games over here, on what channel?  That would be a good way to get into MLS.

[/quote]

The MLS season started in March and runs til November.

Channel Five usually shows US sport at ridiculous times - I remember watching the Stanley Cup at 3am - so might be worth checking that channel.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

The MLS season started in March and runs til November.

Channel Five usually shows US sport at ridiculous times - I remember watching the Stanley Cup at 3am - so might be worth checking that channel.

[/quote]They do extended highlights sometimes on a Monday at 4.50am during the MLS season - good for Milkmen/woman.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

You must be speaking of a Toronto Argonaut game against Hamilton Tiger Cats because, as you acknowledge, the MLS is not exactly impressive. Still, Huckerby may find the Toronto experience rewarding, although Toronto has lost some of the appeal of years gone by.  

[/quote]

Sounds like a sour Red Bulls fan to me :P ;)