Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

1st leg at Portaloo Road

What a dire performance by West Ham. Easily the worst of the four teams in the play offs. Lets hope they can turn it round at Upton Park. How come West Ham fans had all those seats in the Churchman? Are there different rules about ticket allocation in the play offs? Cant remember ours being different two years ago. Anybody know?

don''t know about the ticket allocation in much depth kathy, but i do know the play offs allocation is different to normal league matches

as for west ham, don''t think they are going to turn it around, i still think ipswich will go up and i saw nothing today to change my mind

Yer i saw the highlights

shows how bad ipswich must be not to take advantage of them!

Did anyone else hear Steve Claridge on the radio say that the best two teams he had seen this season in Div. 1 were Ipswich and Wigan? I can only conclude that he didn''t see us against them. Took 10 points off the pair, if my memory serves me right! How good does that make us then?
Re: play-offs, I still stick by the winner of tomorrow''s game to beat the winner of Tuesday''s. Friday''s game had a lot more overall quality than yesterday''s, although it took a while to get going. Palace are very good going forwards but a bit fragile at the back, whilst Sunderland looked a bit physical a la West Brom, and generally more direct. They might pile on the pressure at the SOL but could get caught on the break. Interesting! West Ham were disapppointing overall, IMO. They should in theory do better at home but the longer they go without scoring the more the fans will get restless and the more they will feel the pressure. Ipswich are fairly decent away from home too, so who knows? An early goal from either side might decide this one for different reasons. Just glad are lads (and us) are not having to go through this again so soon after last time!