Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sheff Wed v Norwich - official match thread

Sheff Wed: Grant, Beevers, Wood, Johnson, Spurr, Watson, Bolder, Songo''o, Burton, Sahar, Slusarski.
Subs: Burch, Kavanagh, Esajas, McAllister, Clarke.

Norwich: Marshall, Otsemobor, Doherty, Shackell, Bertrand, Huckerby, Russell, Fotheringham, Pattison, Dublin, Evans.
Subs: Rudd, Croft, Cureton, Chadwick, Pearce.

Referee: Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear)

wahey! got the starting team spot on earlier in the week, interesting that declan rudd is on the bench and no gilkes?!

Teams are

Sheff Wed

• 01 Grant

• 15 Beevers

• 16 Wood

• 23 Johnson

• 32 Spurr

• 17 Watson

• 29 Bolder

• 35 Songo''o

• 10 Burton

• 34 Sahar

• 36 Slusarski

Substitutes

• 27 Burch,

• 06 Kavanagh,

• 11 Esajas,

• 14 McAllister,

• 18 Clarke

Norwich

• 01 Marshall

• 02 Otsemobor

• 27 Doherty

• 04 Shackell

• 21 Bertrand

• 06 Huckerby

• 20 Russell

• 16 Fotheringham

• 24 Pattison

• 09 Dublin

• 32 Evans

Substitutes

• 13 Rudd,

• 07 Croft,

• 10 Cureton,

• 11 Chadwick,

• 15 Pearce

Come on you yellows!!!!

I''m guessing No 13 Rudd is one of your youth goalkeepers, can anyone tell me a bit about him?

I thought 13 used to be the fans number?

Just before the penalty I was about to say I really like Mr. Clattenburg as a referee. However, it did sound like a strange decision with no card issued.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Just before the penalty I was about to say I really like Mr. Clattenburg as a referee. However, it did sound like a strange decision with no card issued.[/quote]You are joking right? Clattenburg one of the most shockingly inept referees I have ever witnessed.

Evans nearly scored! How it''s 1-1 I will never know, sounds like we have been all over Wednesday this first half, still I have a good feeling that Dion will score today.

...you do wonder who on earth does the match stats - has been almost all Norwich, shots on and off target - but these are the current half time stats (SWFC first):  Possession 54:46 (!!??) Shots on target 1:2, Shots off target 3:3, Corners 1:3. 

Now that is certainly not the match that I have been listening to commentary on!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

...you do wonder who on earth does the match stats - has been almost all Norwich, shots on and off target - but these are the current half time stats (SWFC first):  Possession 54:46 (!!??) Shots on target 1:2, Shots off target 3:3, Corners 1:3. 

Now that is certainly not the match that I have been listening to commentary on!

[/quote]Five Live just gave their half time report. The BBC commentator said he thought City should be at least 4-0 up.Meanwhile, according to Sky Sports News Wednesday are apparently completely dominant!

FFS - we need a decent defence.  It has to be Glenn''s No 1 task for the Summer, to get it sorted.  Sides who don''t let in stupid goals always end up at the right end of the table, it is as simple as that - look at Derby last season, Stoke this.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]FFS - we need a decent defence.  It has to be Glenn''s No 1 task for the Summer, to get it sorted.  Sides who don''t let in stupid goals always end up at the right end of the table, it is as simple as that - look at Derby last season, Stoke this.[/quote]

We need a new defence and forward line, we''ve known that all season, why should today be ant different!!

IMO Shacks is a decent defender - just prone to odd errors that give things away: he was dead good v WBA a couple of weeks ago, but then did a really lame clearance which led to their 2nd goal (am dead certain that Marshall was shouting for him to leave it).  As a pair, Doc and Shacks just seem that bit too prone to errors for a top side in the division.  We could really do with signing Tiny + one other (Pearce?).

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]3-1 - WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!?![/quote]

Whats going on is we are sh**, just get the season over with,get in the new players and go for it next season, over to the board!!!

Lost our last six games against Wednesday now. Think we can officially call them our major bogey team.