Sign in to follow this  

It is saying on BBC teletext and a few websites that the thai priminister is still looking for a premiership club to purchase, as Liverpool have turned his offer down.

The good points. i would really like this person to put money into us 65 million would come in very handy and our promotion status would be there for some time 2 come. We could buy all the players we need. Norwich once again a European side. Pay off all of our Outstanding debts. Improve the Stadium. Build a hotel, More money and better facilities. More Glory Hunting fans but who cares if they are buying our shirts etc. etc. More Popular region, more tourists meaning more money for norwich as a city.

The Bad points. The control he would have over the club would mean he would be like a chairman and he could sack and sell who he wants. Delia and Michael''s place on the board would be unsafe, and we all know where we wouldnt be if it wasn''t for them.

Cant think of anymore

I was wandering wat everyone else thinks of it

do we want to be a club like chelsea??no spirit,a load of egos and a changing team

no

Of course everyone would like £65m. However, the bad points by far outweigh the good...

1) There is obviously a current fad for very wealthy men to buy into football. I see this bloke as part of that fad, nothing more. The first thing I ask myself is why he wants to do it. He''s not in it for the football club at all, so what''s in it for him? (There is an election in thailand later this year, and Liverpool are one of the best known over there)

2) I could see a possible conflict between him and the Malaysians who currently sponsor the club. We''ve done this the right way round by finding one of the untapped countries in the Far East, let''s wait and see what the trip to Malaysia in July brings to the club first.

3) Thailand''s records on human rights has been well documented, do we want somebody with the blood of many of his own countyman associated with our club?

4) He has no ties with Norwich and, taking it to it''s natural conclusion, would be the biggest gloryhunter of all. He''s already professed to being a Liverpool fan, yet has been pictured with Alex Ferguson holding a Man Utd shirt with his name on. No thanks, I''d rather stick with Delia and Michael.

5) Following on from the above, I would take Chelsea''s current situation into account. I can foresee a situation at the end of next season where, if Chelsea have finished the season without winning the league or the champions league, Abrahamovic could well get bored and withdraw his money. This will leave Chelsea pretty much shafted - worse than Leeds - as they''ll have a lot of players on very big money. If that happened to us, I could see the end of our club, just like it''s almost certainly going to do so with Bradford. Sorry, but I''m just not willing to take that gamble.

6) One of the things he wanted to do with Liverpool was to establish an academy in Thailand. If that country is such a footballing hotbed, why haven''t any stars emerged as yet? They have a better set up than most of the African countries, yet the Africans manage to get noticed. I''d have thought teams like Man Utd have already sent scouts over there.

I would say that I agree with your point about the region benefitting, however the gamble to our club, our city, our county and our region is too much for us to pick the pieces up from should / when it all goes pear-shaped.

I know it''s not as simplistic as this, but there are things in life that money can''t buy, and our club has them in abundance and some of the so-called monied clubs don''t. Even if it takes us longer to get to where we want to be I think the way in which we do it is of the utmost importance. Delia, Michael and the board are absolutely determined to do things the right way and, for me, that''s good enough. The fact that we have achieved all that we have this season by steadily building up over past seasons just makes the achievement so very much sweeter. So, in short, leave things as they are. Having more money, even if it is a lot more money, doesn''t guarantee ultimate happiness!