Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Just back from Hillsborough...

[quote user="NC1902"]

Oh by the way Freezer, is this podcast running through the summer?
[/quote]

I''m not sure yet mate, it won''t be weekly as there probably won''t be enough content but I might do some ''transfer'' or ''pre-season'' specials.

It all depends when I get a job as I''m about to graduate from Uni and already applying for jobs :)

As it stands the ''season review'' special that will be available from the end of this week might be the final show.

Thanks for listening!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The Doc wasn''t as bad as some are making out, he''s certainly not slow except on the turn where he is cumbersome like most his size are. 

But I think we may have seen the last of him. He was kept for this season because the club held a years option on his contract. Now I would imagine he is looking for a longer contract and a commitment for maybe 3 years. He may need to go elsewhere for that.The Doc has had a lot of unfair criticism on here but in fairness to those critics he has been a part of the last three seasons failure, as have all the players who have been at the club for much of that time.

[/quote]Since he was signed at the height of our succcess, Doherty will be on good money. Dan Shittu at Watford scored 9, Ryan Shawcross at Stoke scored 8, and if you want success, then you need centre backs who can score from set-pieces. I don''t believe either Shackell or Doherty has scored and we can''t afford that. If Taylor was coming in, then they''d want Doherty off the wage bill.I''ve heard that Doherty is going and had a club lined up before the Wednesday game.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Some people are saying that Doc and Shackell did ok yesterday, but having seen the goals on tv I have to say the defending looked awful to me. Doc somehow ended up in a heap on the deck for one of them and when the ball was crossed into the box there was massive gaps in our six yard box and defenders falling about all over the place. [/quote]

We have massive gaps in our six yard box because we have a keeper who wont leave his line. For the second goal the Wednesday player took the ball off Marshall''s toes about two yards out, and the third goal was a cross from very deep which was headed in from the 6 yard line.

If those kind of balls arent the keeper''s then what''s he there for?

I thought that Semmy had an absolute mre, and so did Pattison, best players for us wer Huckerby and Russell. We started so well and bossed the game that you could see us winning by 3 or 4. I think the turning point was their keepers fantastic save at 1 - 0. Then of course the "phantom" penalty, which would have been overturned had clatterburger had the bottle to check with his linesman. Why is it that we always save the worst results for the days when we have the best away turnouts ie 0 - 4 at Leicester, 0 - 6 at Fulham?

At least the Wednesday fans were ok, thought their ovation for Dion did them credit, and there was some friendly banter outside afterwards, very unlike Leicester, easily the most popular choice to suffer the drop in my opinion.

had a squealing Delia sitting 2 rows behind me, just to make the afternoon perfect.

[quote user="Freeza"][quote user="canaries in Bed"]

I feel I have to sharemy lovely day I had with you ll. So here goes.

I got home from work at about 4 am and after a very small amount of sleep I boarded the train at 11 am to go to watch the match. The train had no aircon and was so cramped, I was so pi$$ed off. Slow train made me miss my connection at Peterborough (which I had the pleasure of paying 60 quid) and had to wait for what seemed an eternity there. Got to the station at Sheffield train station and ran to the tram, but the was a 20 minute delay so I had to spend 10 quid on a taxi. Got to the ground and saw that the doors were closed, anyway got let in and made my way to my seat. Only missed the first 10 minutes, they score, Dublin goes off and very good reception from all (thanks Sheff Wed fans). Strange for him to go off at that time and the same for Shef taking 2 players off. I asked if we had conceded more before I got there and had strange looks.

THATS WHEN I FOUND OUT THE MATCH STARTED AT 2, NOT 3........

So, I get to see about 35 minutes, spend well over 90 quid in total,  Left the ground and saw my friends, which made up for it, said I was gutted that we had lost 4 nil, when they said that Hucks scored a goal which was quality. Walked to a pub, which was a proper spit and saw dust, but decided after watching some kids playing football amongst broken glass in the pub ''garden'' and listening to the ramblings of them a meal and some drinks in a nicer part of the city was in order. After a long day, I caught another 3 1/2 hour journey back. What a day I had hey.

On the game, well what I saw and that was minutes, I thought we looked like a team who just wanted to finish the season. I saw Hucks play ok but missed a few chances, defence again looked pants and midfield looked like battlers not passers.

Dublin going off and having the best standing ovation from both sets of supporters, really good and I salute the Wednesday fans. Saw Ched waving goodbye, still hope he comes back, same with Hucks, who had his waving slighty ruined by Dublin and that stupid announcer.

Moral of today? Well look at the match times and leave earlier.

Slightly calm now.

[/quote]

Oh dear mate, that''s a nightmare! I''m guessing you got pretty wet walking to the stadium around that time as well?!

[/quote]

No I paid a tenner for the taxi. But the driver was not too sure where the Lippetts end was. Great

losing 4-1 to a team that is quite clearly crap is a worry!. All wednesday did was hoof the ball up front all the time. If we had a decent central defender then it wouldn''t have been a problem. Also we need someone a bit harder in centre mid who can win those 2nd balls, cos thats what we weren''t doing in the 2nd half.

Good day out-crap facilities at the away end but Canaries fans in good humour. Not sure about Wednesday just playing hoofball as they put some good passing moves together. Our defence(or lack of) was all over the place with Shackell and Doc being caught out several times. Marshall has no presence in the box and his distribution is appalling. Patterson was a joke and it is tempting to say he lost his bottle-his missed a couple of sitters as did Huckerby. It was a poor performance which showed nothing for the fans who travelled far and spent plenty. Highlight was the reception Dion Dublin received from all in the ground-an absolute model professional who is a credit to the game. After coming out of the players entrance he spent ages signing autographs and having his photograph taken with fans.

The lowest point was the behaviour of Glen Roeder who after coming out of the players entrance pushed his way past Norwich fans looking for his autograph,mouthing some choice words as he made his way to the coach. Something about the coach was waiting for him-yet it did not leave for at least ten minutes after he climbed on board. Contrast this with the players who without exception were all happy to sign autographs and have their photograph taken. To my mind Roeder is a miserable b*****d who is so up his own backside with no idea or regard for the fans who for some part pay his wages. Shame on you Roeder or Roedent as my 10 year old so accurately described him. 

Sweeney, I understand how you feel about Roeder. I sometimes feel the same way about Tiger Woods when he''s playing practice rounds and walks by the little kids who have stood for hours just to get his autograph. A real contrast from Arnie Palmer in his heyday. With Roeder, on the other hand, I find myself feeling some satisfaction that he was a little surly. Might have caused even more concern if he was in good spirits.