Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

If Thailand PM phoned Delia.....

£65m was only on offer because that was what he valued 30% of Liverpool FC at. I am not sure how many CIty shares are in circulation but I would be surprised if NCFC was valued at nearly £220m. He may want to buy part of a pm club but for £65m it would be a controlling interest of NCFC and so would have to say no - Delia et al have the clubs best interests at heart.

Clearly if he want to give us (and not shareholders) £65m and for say a 25% stake, be a sleeping partner, and leave Michael & Delia as the majority shareholder then why not - those sort of fantasy seasons just dont happen do they - O, may be they do , Ijust forgot -

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!

OTBC

The Thai PM is another Davey character who has enquired about buying into other clubs as well (Fulham, ManU). Morgan, the local bloke who is offering same amount should be given his chance. He is critical of Houllier and clubs policies but is only voicing the concerns of the real fans.

No matter how much money they had I would not want anyone to have an interest in the club if they were not a proper city fan

Fair point DL. That''s why I was worried for Coventry when I read that their proposed takeover bloke had NEVER seen Coventry in his life!! Doesn''t bode well! You have to wonder why they considered Morgan''s offer "unattractive" though? I think the local ''Pool paper did a survey and something like 75/80% of fans wanted Morgan.

I think for smaller clubs, with tight finances like ours it''s important for "Fans" like Delia to run to the club. Looking out for the club and extending the purse strings when it''s worth the risk (ie Hux). Having rich investors is all well and good, for a while but say Abramovic (spelling??) gets fed up of his Chelsea "toy" in a few years. The club is being privately funded by him and there is no way they are able to sustain their current finicial commitments without him paying for it.

City are better off looking to make money by themselves via things like the Malaysian tour and the support we have in Scandanavia than taking money off people who just want a play thing or in the case of the Thai guy, a club to make a franchise out of for personal gain.