Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Rebel

Letter I have sent to Neil Doncaster...

Dear Neil,

I feel I have to write to you tonight as I have never been so angry and upset in my 20 years of following Norwich City as I am feeling at this moment in time.  I am shocked that such a decision in letting Darren Huckerby leave the Club which he so dearly loves has been made.  If it was so clearly the case that Darren was going to be released, why couldn''t this legend have been given the send off that he so richly deserved?  Yes, at times he was controversial but surely that just showed the passion and commitment that he showed the Club. This I feel has contributed to him being shafted for showing the upmost loyalty.

Why is it that we always show so little respect to players that serve this Club so well over the years i.e. Malky, Iwan, and now Hucks?

How I am currently feeling I am seriously considering cancelling my Season Ticket for next year. 

Regards,

MJ

P.S .  If we are always going to release promising Academy players such as Bally Smart, Andrew Cave-Brown etc then why don''t we consider scrapping our Youth Academy as all we seem to do is feed other clubs? 

Totally agree thought about the season ticket bit myself and writing to Doomcaster but he like all the other idiots that allegedly run our club won''t care. I was a bit suspicious when I saw the Chairman outside the stand on Sunday thanking everyone for their support, smelt a rat then, it''s all part of the spin. Roeder is in my opinion a disgrace what are we going to rely on now ,11 headless chickens like his one and only fantastic signing Pattison, do me a favour. I know everyone says what a wonderful job he''s done, to some extent I agree but he damn well near threw it all away when they went through that complacent run so it takes the edge off for me. Even read one poster today who described him as a genius. Sorry did I miss something have we just one the Champions League, the Premiership and the F.A cup in one season. Roeder has won nothing to date let''s not forget that.

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]

Dear Neil,

I feel I have to write to you tonight as I have never been so angry and upset in my 20 years of following Norwich City as I am feeling at this moment in time.  I am shocked that such a decision in letting Darren Huckerby leave the Club which he so dearly loves has been made.  If it was so clearly the case that Darren was going to be released, why couldn''t this legend have been given the send off that he so richly deserved?  Yes, at times he was controversial but surely that just showed the passion and commitment that he showed the Club. This I feel has contributed to him being shafted for showing the upmost loyalty.

Why is it that we always show so little respect to players that serve this Club so well over the years i.e. Malky, Iwan, and now Hucks?

How I am currently feeling I am seriously considering cancelling my Season Ticket for next year. 

Regards,

MJ

P.S .  If we are always going to release promising Academy players such as Bally Smart, Andrew Cave-Brown etc then why don''t we consider scrapping our Youth Academy as all we seem to do is feed other clubs? 

[/quote]

I am actually embarrassed. He will get to the about the 3rd line, laugh, and then click delete. You know nothing about football, the current position the club are in, and anything to do with business.

And what clubs are we currently feeding?? Where are the fees coming from?

[quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]

Dear Neil,

Regards,

MJ

[/quote]

I am actually embarrassed. He will get to the about the 3rd line, laugh, and then click delete. You know nothing about football, the current position the club are in, and anything to do with business.

[/quote]Seconded.

Im pretty ashamed at being a fan when I listen to the defeatest comments made by some people.... obviously some people care about this club more than others!!!

Good letter!!!! Why should us fans just lie down and accept whats happening to this club!!!

My season ticket has not been renewed and 99% likely I will not even give it any more thought given the disgraceful attitude of Roeder towards Huckerby.

[quote user="Irish Canary"]My season ticket has not been renewed and 99% likely I will not even give it any more thought given the disgraceful attitude of Roeder towards Huckerby.
[/quote]

bet you''ll soon come running back if we happened to make the play offs next year

As for the letter, The Donc is gonna fall of his chair laughing

[quote user="Irish Canary"]My season ticket has not been renewed and 99% likely I will not even give it any more thought given the disgraceful attitude of Roeder towards Huckerby.
[/quote]

Hi Irish!!!

Same here!! Season ticket CANCELLED!! You guys may have a go but bet the average attendance next season is not a man over 18k!!! Enjoy watching Roedant fail!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha playoffs??????????????????????????????????

Are you being seriuos????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

Please tell me your joking!!!!!!!!! Or youve been drinking????????

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Neil,

Regards,

MJ

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seconded.
[/quote]

You can second all you like but there''s plenty more who share snakepits opinion. The decision to release Huckerby while keeping gems like Eagle is a poor one but the decision to hold back the information until it was too late for the fans to give Huckerby a proper send off was unforgivable.

It smacks of arogance and above all shows a lack of respect towards the fans. If this is an example of Roeders man management skills I''m afraid we are on a slippery slope. Roeders record so far has always been a good start followed by decline and ultimate failure. Looking at the way he has handled this I can see why. 

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Neil,

Regards,

MJ

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seconded.
[/quote]

You can second all you like but there''s plenty more who share snakepits opinion. The decision to release Huckerby while keeping gems like Eagle is a poor one but the decision to hold back the information until it was too late for the fans to give Huckerby a proper send off was unforgivable.

It smacks of arogance and above all shows a lack of respect towards the fans. If this is an example of Roeders man management skills I''m afraid we are on a slippery slope. Roeders record so far has always been a good start followed by decline and ultimate failure. Looking at the way he has handled this I can see why. 

[/quote]

Youre spot on im afraid. He is hated at both West Ham and Newcastle because of exactly this. He will never be accepted by us.

I seriously think that players will not come here due to Roeders reputation in the game.

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]

[quote user="Irish Canary"]My season ticket has not been renewed and 99% likely I will not even give it any more thought given the disgraceful attitude of Roeder towards Huckerby.[/quote]

Hi Irish!!!

Same here!! Season ticket CANCELLED!! You guys may have a go but bet the average attendance next season is not a man over 18k!!! Enjoy watching Roedant fail!!!!!!!

[/quote]HA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHAHATHERE''S OVER 19000 ALREADY SIGNED UP. you think 1000 people will cancel their season tickets because of one player? you are truly, truly stupid if so. you have a lot to learn about the world.And how can you laugh at playoffs when you have not got a clue who we will bring in or how they''ll play, or if a youth player will takle the mantle and score 40goals. I''ll make my predictions when i know who will be in the team.I predict Latvia to lift the world cup in the year 3964. That is about how much relevance your prediction has without knowing who will be in the team.

[quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]

Dear Neil,

Regards,

MJ

[/quote]

[/quote]Seconded.[/quote]

[/quote]

Youre spot on im afraid. He is hated at both West Ham and Newcastle because of exactly this. He will never be accepted by us.

I seriously think that players will not come here due to Roeders reputation in the game.

[/quote]Prove it was Roeder''s decision not the board''s? otherwise, shut the hell up.Roeder''s reputation in the game is excellent, Do you think Arsene Wenger would have offered Director of Football to a man who had a shoddy reputation? mugs.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="archer4721"][quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]

Dear Neil,

Regards,

MJ

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seconded.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prove it was Roeder''s decision not the board''s? otherwise, shut the hell up.

Roeder''s reputation in the game is excellent, Do you think Arsene Wenger would have offered Director of Football to a man who had a shoddy reputation? mugs.
[/quote]

How can i prove it? Whats there to prove? Hes the manager isnt he - havent you seen/heard the recent interviews?

Excellent? Not what i heard but there you go. You know best.

Here''s a draft of my letter I have sent to Neil Doncaster...

Dear Neil,

I unfortunately will be unable to attend the splendid ''Greatest Ever'' non-event......So may I please have a lock of your hair? (I''m making effi....er, models of the Director''s - and you''re going to be my first) I was hoping Blahx3 was attending, but he''s decided against it....

Here''s hoping......PS, do you have any javelins....cricket stumps, or anything really pointy in the Colney sports store, that I could possibly borrow?

Yours Disgracefully, Mello.

I am actually embarrassed that archer 4721 actually calls himself a fan with his brainless accusations.

I do know a fair bit about football and I don''t bury my head in the sand and just accept ludicrous decisions by our "out of their depth" board.

With regards to feeding other clubs with our academy rejects, just look at Crowe,Coote,Forbes,Way etc etc.  Now if that isn''t feeding other clubs then I don''t know what is!!

[quote user="Snakepit Rebel"]

I am actually embarrassed that archer 4721 actually calls himself a fan with his brainless accusations.

I do know a fair bit about football and I don''t bury my head in the sand and just accept ludicrous decisions by our "out of their depth" board.

With regards to feeding other clubs with our academy rejects, just look at Crowe,Coote,Forbes,Way etc etc.  Now if that isn''t feeding other clubs then I don''t know what is!!

[/quote]

Feeder clubs usual get fees for their players being ''fed''. How much do they all add up to?

We just release them once we find out they are no good. They feed themselves to other clubs because that is there job.

The thing to prove is A) that it was Roeder''s decision not to tell us about Hucks. B) He is the manager - he works for the club, and answers to the board, if the board made that decision then he would have no choice in the matter so hardly the person to blame.Anyone involved in football at any level speaks highly of GR. Who was it who got us Ched through his friendship with Svenn? and although he didn''t do so well, who had the respect of Arsene Wenger to the level that Wnger publicly said he would "do anything in his power to help Glenn roeder and Norwich City"?If his reputation is so poor then why all his ex-players speak highly of him?

Well said snakepit, I intend to send a very similar letter to Mr Doncaster myself, I think you went abit OTT by considering cancelling your season ticket but I can understand that you are very upset right now as am I and many other Norwich City fans who share the same thoughts that how Huckerby was treated towards the end of his Norwich City days is a total disgrace!

I''m also very disappointed to see  the likes of Bally Smart leave the club, that lad had alot of potential in my book and with the right coaching I honestly think he could go somewhere, just give it 5 years and the likes of Bally Smart, Joe Lewis and Danny Crow will come back to bite us all in the arse when their all playing for bigger clubs than Norwich City, and we''ll all look back and say "If only"....

[quote user="kick it off"]The thing to prove is A) that it was Roeder''s decision not to tell us about Hucks. B) He is the manager - he works for the club, and answers to the board, if the board made that decision then he would have no choice in the matter so hardly the person to blame.

Anyone involved in football at any level speaks highly of GR. Who was it who got us Ched through his friendship with Svenn? and although he didn''t do so well, who had the respect of Arsene Wenger to the level that Wnger publicly said he would "do anything in his power to help Glenn roeder and Norwich City"?

If his reputation is so poor then why all his ex-players speak highly of him?
[/quote]

What are they going to say exactly? You are just another drone who falls for the whole PR Spin that is football. Trust me, i know people inside the game who say things very much to the contary.

Who are these players you mention? Nobody at West Ham or Newcastle i bet you.

[quote user="archer4721"]

[quote user="kick it off"]The thing to prove is A) that it was Roeder''s decision not to tell us about Hucks. B) He is the manager - he works for the club, and answers to the board, if the board made that decision then he would have no choice in the matter so hardly the person to blame.

Anyone involved in football at any level speaks highly of GR. Who was it who got us Ched through his friendship with Svenn? and although he didn''t do so well, who had the respect of Arsene Wenger to the level that Wnger publicly said he would "do anything in his power to help Glenn roeder and Norwich City"?

[/quote]

What are they going to say exactly? You are just another drone who falls for the whole PR Spin that is football. Trust me, i know people inside the game who say things very much to the contary.

[/quote]

I do believe that Joe Cole speaks highly of him, as did Kevin Phillips the other week when he discovered him for Watford - so I suggest you stop s*!t-stirring.

[quote user="archer4721"]

[quote user="kick it off"]The thing to prove is A) that it was Roeder''s decision not to tell us about Hucks. B) He is the manager - he works for the club, and answers to the board, if the board made that decision then he would have no choice in the matter so hardly the person to blame.Anyone involved in football at any level speaks highly of GR. Who was it who got us Ched through his friendship with Svenn? and although he didn''t do so well, who had the respect of Arsene Wenger to the level that Wnger publicly said he would "do anything in his power to help Glenn roeder and Norwich City"?If his reputation is so poor then why all his ex-players speak highly of him?[/quote]

[/quote]Matty Pattison for starters...

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Matty Pattison for starters...
[/quote]

Nuff said.

[quote user="cityangel"]

This is his email addy if you want to email him?

NeilD@ncfc-canaries.co.uk

[/quote]

thanks CA - copy of the email I have just sent to him below, what an utter disgrace some people on this board are, in not recognising how badly Darren has been treated, as far as I am concerned he is right up there with Iwan and Gunny as a City great. I remember when I first heard we had signed him thinking we were finally really going places, sadly I was wrong.

Neil

Just a note to comment on what a disgraceful way for NCFC to treat such a loyal servant to this club as Darren Huckerby.

Still no less disgraceful than the way that the club treated 25000 loyal fans this season though eh?

I look forward to the day when hopefully we have people running the club who can actually do the club justice, and show a little less prudence and a little more ambition.

I wish I were not as loyal a supporter as I am, or my season ticket would be on it’s way back to the club.

There will need to be some serious money invested in the squad next season, to replace quality like Darren Huckerby, or we will be following Leicester City next year and you may then find a significant number of us have had our patience exhausted, as this club is being slowly and steadily ruined.

No reply required.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="archer4721"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Matty Pattison for starters...
[/quote]

Along with the two that I mentioned before you posted...