Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Huckerby released

Seeing that story load up on the Pinkun homepage after I got home today... like being hit with a spade

I think we have a bona fide example for ''rubbing someone up the wrong way''...

Roeder better hope whatever he can bring in works wonders next season... Im not naive enough to think that we''ll give the signings much time to prove themselves

Very saddened by this news today.  Players like Hucks are so rare.  The anticipation that he could always make something happen will be sorely missed, as will those trademark runs down the wing, cutting inside etc.

His loyalty to the club is to be admired too.  How long before we see that again?  I don''t think anyone here would blame him for joining another club.  It would be a shame for it all to end like this, when he clearly has more to offer. 

I, like most others, would like to have had the opportunity to give him the appropriate send-off he deserved.

bad move , hucks has been the one bloke who has woke me up from some inept performances the last couple of years,at least he would make something happen ie run at a bloke is patterson or croft going to tear defences open from out on the wing .....nope worth at least another year or are we signing marc overmars !

Right decision but dealt with badly imo, Hucks is a legend and arguably one of our best ever players in my book, deserved a more dignified send off than he got. Can''t see why everyone is surprised the club has treated him so badly, they''ve been treating us season ticket holders like idiots for years now, they had better find some money from somewhere this summer or I feel trouble brewing for next season.

It''s a shame that Hucks has left Norwich City, but such is football. Players get older and move on and I think the time was right for Norwich and Huckerby to go their seperate ways and we can all remember him for being the player he was, rather than becoming a bit player at the club and a drain on funds. He hasn''t produced the magic he did in his first season here for quite sometime now and was finding it increasingly difficult to beat his man. Fewer and fewer clubs were doubling up on him and he was obviously lacking pace over longer distances.For him to stay one more season just to keep us fans happy would of been a bad decision by Roeder, he is in his job to make big decisions, even if it leaves a lump in fans throats. Yes, it could of been announced before Sunday, especially as it was a nothing game, although looking at the "heroes" press conference I think we all saw it coming.It is now time for Roeder to go out and get us some new heroes and hopefully the wages saved from Dublin and Huckerby going we can get 2 new strikers and a new, effective winger. English clubs aren''t allowed to announce new bosman signings until after the season has finished, i.e. FA Cup Final, but I wouldn''t be surprised if some players haven''t already been "tapped up".I can''t remember being this excitied by a summer for a long long time, including the summer after getting promoted.Also, I think some neagtive, never happy, moaning, grumpy fans are using this as yet another excuse to complain about Roeder/The Board/Sun spots/Orphans/Anything else they can think about.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

the more i think about it, the closer i get to tears. think its just starting to hit home.

[/quote]

if you dont have a little cry (i have) then you cant call yourself a true norwich fan- no matter what you think of him now you cannot deny that he is a norwich city legend

THANKS HUCKS,

The best thing I`ve seen at Carrow Road in recent times has been you running into the box and terrifying defenders. Fast feet, great control with ball sticking to your feet, you are a hero. Thanks for taking us to your heart and giving us all so much pleasure, good luck in whatever you do! 

[quote user=" C.T"][quote user="Blainsey"]

the more i think about it, the closer i get to tears. think its just starting to hit home.

[/quote]

if you dont have a little cry (i have) then you cant call yourself a true norwich fan- no matter what you think of him now you cannot deny that he is a norwich city legend

[/quote]As I said earlier, it probably was the right time to go but Crying [:''(]

[quote user=" C.T"][quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]As I said earlier, it probably was the right time to go but Crying [:''(]

I''m heartbroken (for lack of a better term)... I''ve supported Norwich since i was 6 however bar the play off final appearence there was never any players to really make think "cor f''ing hell i gotta go to a game" the signing of Huckerby changed all that... He''s my own personal footballing hero (same position as me) and he''s without doubt my favourite ever player to pull on the yellow and green.

Roeder - Are u having a laugh - the club are downsizing big style - loans payments are due for the Community and Jarrold Stands - Roeder you may ask for 10 players-  i''d be surprised if Doncaster lets you have 4.  Croft will also be sold as well to fund any player purchases  Crazy decision you don''t know what this board is like do you Glenn? Rest assured you soon will.  A crazy decision- madness

I feel devasted that Darren was not given the send off he deserved. The send off he earned. While all careers have to end at some point in time, there are right and wrong ways of going about it. This is all wrong.I was lucky enough to grow up watching the quality City teams of the eighties to early nineties at Carrow Road. For me, Hucks brought back some of that magic. Hucks brought us success. But more importantly, he gave us hope.Thanks Darren, it''s been a pleasure.

[quote user="sig"]

Very saddened by this news today.  Players like Hucks are so rare.  The anticipation that he could always make something happen will be sorely missed, as will those trademark runs down the wing, cutting inside etc.

His loyalty to the club is to be admired too.  How long before we see that again?  I don''t think anyone here would blame him for joining another club.  It would be a shame for it all to end like this, when he clearly has more to offer. 

I, like most others, would like to have had the opportunity to give him the appropriate send-off he deserved.

[/quote]

The legend may have left us but the memories will live on forever! Darren Huckerby''s Norwich City appearances: 203 (60th on all-time list) Goals: 48 (25th on all-time list)

The Best Creative, Most Inspiring player seen in a Norwich shirt since Martin Peters!!!

I hope Roeder and the Board have something very special lined up for us this summer after releasing the heartbeat [U] of the Canary cause! 

Is the Hucks ''No-Contract'' - a good deflection to bury some other bad-news?......

''Honourable'' Government''s - have been known to use such ''tactics''......  

Maybe he could play in our pre-season game v spurs, a guest appearance, to say goodbye.

I think it is an absolute disgrace the way the club have treated Darren Huckerby.  He more or less got us promoted single handed in 03/04.  They should have allowed the fans to give him the send off he deserved instead they left him hanging.  Absolute Disgrace.

"He more or less got us promoted single handed in 03/04"

What utter rubbish. Peter Crouch, Kevin Harper, Kevin Cooper, Paul McVeigh, Gary Holt, Damien Francis, Craig Fleming, Adam Drury, Nigel Worthington and Robert Green might have a few things to say about that.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"]

So Roeder is a ''Yes man'' is he? He''s had the balls to do what he feels right. Huckerby hasn''t been offered a contract because Roeder doesn''t want to give him one. Simple. Who are we to argue with a man with the extensive knowledge of the game that Roeder has? When somebody can step up here and give reasons why they know better that a proffessional Football Manager then my opinion will change. Of course there''s sentiment involved, Huckerby has been awesome for the club. Let it go though, and just see what Roeder has up his sleeve! If he fails to deliver then fine, he has to go, but until that point, grow up people, you are acting like children![/quote]

Absolutely agree. We''d still have Duncan Forbes playing if it were up to the posters on here..... mind you he''d be better than Shackell.....please release him in the next wave.....
[/quote]

Oh dear!

No mention of almost single handedly turning us from an average mid table championship team into a title winning one then? No mention of the fact that in the prem season he was the most fouled player in the entire league (and by some distance) and had an assist on probably half our goals that year. No mention of the rescue act launched last year that prevented relegation. No mention of the 2 player of the year awards he has won. No mention of the fact that he has probably been the most loyal player to pull on a yellow shirt in a long time.

Why does this club do the dirty on its loyal servants? Mark Bowen not played by that idiot Megson for the last 2 months of the season when he had made 399 games. Malky disposed of when he still had something to offer. Ian Culverhouse rewarded for years of decent service with a rubbish contract offer and then left to rot in the reserves for half a season before being sold on for a pittance.

It''s a shame that Hucks is gone and he will be hugely missed. Perhaps it wasn''t announced earlier to ensure the maximum amount of season tickets were sold.......

[quote user="Mook"]"He more or less got us promoted single handed in 03/04" What utter rubbish. Peter Crouch, Kevin Harper, Kevin Cooper, Paul McVeigh, Gary Holt, Damien Francis, Craig Fleming, Adam Drury, Nigel Worthington and Robert Green might have a few things to say about that.[/quote]

You left out Clint Easton!

Very annoyed about Hucks going, I was sure he had at last another 2 years left in him!

All I have to say is Thank you Hucks and I sure as hell hope Roedor knows whats he''s doing!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

It''s a shame that Hucks is gone and he will be hugely missed. Perhaps it wasn''t announced earlier to ensure the maximum amount of season tickets were sold.......

[/quote]

I think it was probably to avoid vocal anti-manager/board chants for the final two games.

[quote user="claud"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

I think it was probably to avoid vocal anti-manager/board chants for the final two games.

[/quote]

"SMACK!"........Hit that ''Nail of Truth'' square on the head......

Huckerby has been the only player worth watching over last few years, with his name on teamsheet I honestly thought we could beat anyone. Supported this club since 1970 but this news has gutted me and have lost respect for Roeder now. Hope we have a good start to next season as I think he will be under big pressure now.   

[quote user="ricky knight"]Roeder, you are a blxxdy disgrace, treating a legend in that way, but i will tell you now old son, it will come back on you, you will be under pressure by xmas, you heard it here first.[/quote]Totally agree. Roeder is a disgrace. Why release the most talented and fans favourite player at the club????? Glen your a ******* idiot!!!!!!

[quote user="Mook"]"He more or less got us promoted single handed in 03/04" What utter rubbish. Peter Crouch, Kevin Harper, Kevin Cooper, Paul McVeigh, Gary Holt, Damien Francis, Craig Fleming, Adam Drury, Nigel Worthington and Robert Green might have a few things to say about that.[/quote]

Harper got sent off and went back with the tail between his legs.

I agree with other poster that without Hucks we would not have been promoted.  I feel angry and let down by roeder.