Sign in to follow this  
ca

Sorry Hucks

This is the first message I have posted on this board, although I have read it many times. but I feel so annoyed at the moment I agree entirely with city angel and feel ashamed at the way the manager and board have treated Hucks. I am interested to see where the manager will find a better player than Hucks. Darren I would like to thank you for the excitement you brought to this club and for your loyalty. I am very sorry that the fans where not able to say goodbye properly and I for one thought you would be offered another year. Good Luck in what ever you decide to do, you deserve it.

[quote user="canary86"]

Roeder should never of released him... it couldnt of been for football reasons as he is a quality player. The only way the fans will even start to forget this is if he gets promotion in the coming seasons, but without Huckerby it looks difficult at best. Huckerby said that he hoped that the clubs fans remember him in 10 years time, well I think there is no worries of that and that the fans will remember him in 50 years time... Bad desision, handled poorly in my opinion.

[/quote]

I''m only guessing, of course, but couldn''t Mr Huckerby be a victim of Three Year Plan Syndrome in which I imagine that Mr Roeder only wants people likely to be still around at the end of the Master Plan?

I have to say that I think it extremely brave to attempt a Three Year Plan in the ever-changing Championship League but, hopefully, he knows what he is doing.

I''ve just got in and read the sad news. I''m really angry at this moment but I will save that for another post as I feel this one should be about a truly great player. Hucks you''re a legend, you brought the passion and excitement back to CR, you got the crowd on their feet every time you got the ball, you have been there with us through the good and through the bad and you gave us all believe again. You will never be replaced and I think Roeder will have a very tough job to find another fans favourite like you. I agree with City angel, go wherever you want (except the scum) and you will always be welcomed back to CR with a warm reception. Goodbye, Thank you, and good luck.

NCFC4EVER

I wasn''t in favour of extending his contract, but to let him go without the sendoff he deserves is mean spirited and spiteful.  I guess certain members of the Smith & Jones clique couldn''t get past his outbursts about the running of the club earlier in the season - about which he was right, it was a farcical season.We should not however be surprised that a club which has treated its fans with complacency and contempt for the past three years now does likewise to the one player who looked like he gave a damn.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Hucks I know you read this board so on behalf of the board and  the Manager of this club I would like to apologise to you for the way you have been treated these past few weeks. You have given your all for the past 4 years, you''ve been passionate about our club, you''ve been loyal to us and you deserved to have been told your fate before the last home game or at least before the last away game. You said in your interview that you''re sad  that you''re not going to get the chance to say a proper goodbye to the fans you love and respect but that you know that us fans will know how you feel about them, well yes we do and you also know how we feel about you and have appreciated everything you''ve done for this club.

Good Luck at your new club, please don''t feel you can''t play for another championship club against us next season because this club doesn''t deserve that sort of loyalty, you go where you want and you give those defenders hell next year.

Thanks CA.

[/quote]

I know we''ve disagreed about the merits of Hucks playingwise, I do agree that this should have been handled better. Once the QPR match was out of the way and we survived then GR should have gone public in my opinion. BUT, at the moment there may be far more to all this than meets the eye in terms of possible preliminary talks about a contract etc. That just might be the reason why nothing was announced?    

[quote user="cityangel"]

Hucks I know you read this board so on behalf of the board and  the Manager of this club I would like to apologise to you for the way you have been treated these past few weeks. You have given your all for the past 4 years, you''ve been passionate about our club, you''ve been loyal to us and you deserved to have been told your fate before the last home game or at least before the last away game. You said in your interview that you''re sad  that you''re not going to get the chance to say a proper goodbye to the fans you love and respect but that you know that us fans will know how you feel about them, well yes we do and you also know how we feel about you and have appreciated everything you''ve done for this club.

Good Luck at your new club, please don''t feel you can''t play for another championship club against us next season because this club doesn''t deserve that sort of loyalty, you go where you want and you give those defenders hell next year.

Thanks CA.

[/quote] Yes go to another Championship club Hucks and make Rodent look a complete idiot.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thanks CA.

[/quote]

I know we''ve disagreed about the merits of Hucks playingwise, I do agree that this should have been handled better. Once the QPR match was out of the way and we survived then GR should have gone public in my opinion. BUT, at the moment there may be far more to all this than meets the eye in terms of possible preliminary talks about a contract etc. That just might be the reason why nothing was announced?    

[/quote]

Straws, clutching . . .

Completely Agree CA

Try and watch the Hucks Video again to cheer yourself up, (the youtube one), dont cry though!

totally agree c a i`ve seen murder suspects taken from court on the news treated with more dignity than hucks was afforded. i bet if the club could`ve got away with a blanket over his head they would have done.  an utter disgrace

OMG City angel 100% behind you, back to forest me things......

Glen has done the dirty on you son. You where the carrow road god over the last four seasons. What a see you next tuesday. Darren we are truly, truly sorry. Glen you need you head checked. Whatever have you done. Our squad is down to nothing and you let this championship superstar go.

Glen I had respect for you, but not anymore.

OTBC, but why oh why let this seasons supersub go. You MUPPET GLEN, YOU NEED YOU HEAD CHECKED.

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes its so sad Angel , just to see him go like that [:''(] arrdee.[/quote]

He''ll be fine. He will get a game somewhere if he wants.

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes its so sad Angel , just to see him go like that [:''(] arrdee.[/quote]

He''ll be fine. He will get a game somewhere if he wants.

[/quote]

Loved the way he controlled the bobble for your goal v Wednesday.  At least he went out for you with a class goal.

The way that this has been handled has completely revolutionised my feelings towards the higher powers at NCFC.

Smudger, if you still fancy that protest....count me in.

Hey,I completely agree. Darren has not only brought us goals and flare in attcking play but he has given us excitement. Neverin the same way have I been so captivated by one player. As soon as the ball arrived at his feet, 24,000 people get a rush of expectancy - the feeling that you are about to witness something special.His attitude, his passion, his talent and ability. The man is an inspiration to me, if not to us all.His loyalty and professionalism towards this club has been outstanding and reading some of the above posts, our respecttowards him has been shown in the apparent loss of confidence in and respect for Roeder and the board.I am not going to dispute the decision, I am sure there were reasons, however, I must say that the way it has been handledby the manager & the board has been absolutely dispicable. I believe I speak for many fans when I say that we are bitterlydissapointed in our club.He said he is sad to be going and Darren, if you are reading this, we are so sad to see you leaving and only wish you and yours the best. Nomatter what people say, I do not belive that Roeder will be able to find anyone willing to come to the club to fill Darrens boots and give the club all that Darren has over the past few years.Today was not a good day...Sam27

When everyone else left us for the Prem there was one player that stayed behind, that''s Hucks, says it all really :) Good luck mate, thanks for the memories! :)

Hucks i''m glad to hear you say that you read the message boards because you''ll know how much we love you. This is a sad day for this club. We want players who care about this football club because we care about it and we know that you do to. For that and for all the fantastic memories you''ve left us with i thankyou. Its not going to be the same next season when the team is put on the scoreboard and number six dosen''t say Darren Huckerby. Your a legend but most of all your one of us.

[quote user="Alex"]

The way that this has been handled has completely revolutionised my feelings towards the higher powers at NCFC.

[/quote]

Thats how I feel too

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Thats how I feel too

[/quote]

I thought I had better leave it until today to post on the loss of a true LEGEND, if I had of posted  my true feelings yesterday I would have ended up being banned from the Pink un board.

If Darren was not worthy of another contract, then thats fine, thats football, but to rob us all of the right to say goodbye sucks big time.

The clubs handling of the Hucks situation is a bloody disgrace and an insult to the 25000 supporters who turn up week in week out.

To the club..... SORT YOURSELVES OUT, LEARN SOME MAN_MANAGEMENT SKILLS AND GO ON A PUBLIC RELATIONS COURSE

I would love to see a comment from Delia about how this has been handled. After all she was sitting with the City fans last Sunday - Or is she immune from the pain we are all feeling ?

Why sorry for Hucherby? He''s picked up a great deal of money for the time and effort he put in, and to be honest a great deal of that income has being derived from doing nothing for the team. Undoubtedly he has been a major player but he is now living on those past glories and its time for him to go!

I think I am going dyslexic, as I seem to be unable to tell "h" and "k" apart!

As a show of solidarity at the the disappointment about the manner of Hucks'' departure I propose the changing of everyones avatars for a week to the man himself!

I''m absolutely ashamed today to be a Norwich City supporter

today.

It''s embarrassing that our Club has treated one of their

greatest ever servants like this. The term “Legend” is thrown around far too

loosely these days – but Darren Huckerby is a true Norwich City Legend and the

manner in which this has been handled has been nothing short of disgusting.

Darren, if you’re reading – you’ll never be forgotten by

fans of Norwich City Football Club. I will have my Hucks ‘6’ shirt on next

season, and many seasons to come. Thanks for all the memories and the goals

(especially the ones against Ipswich) and if you’re looking for a new team,

you’re always welcome to come and play for my 6-aside team in Bedford. :)

Darren Huckerby = Greatest ever player to put on a

Norwich City shirt

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

As a show of solidarity at the the disappointment about the manner of Hucks'' departure I propose the changing of everyones avatars for a week to the man himself!

[/quote]

Count me in.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

Thats how I feel too

[/quote]

Btw, Angel, your opening post on this thread was very good, and couldn''t agree more.

I do respect Roeder, and ultimately his decision as he knows a million times what i do about 11 against 11. But whether it was right to release Darren is neither here nor there....What''s glaringly obvious from the posts over the last 24 hours is the fans feelings towards the manner in which Darren has been released...it''s completely inexcusible, the higher powers that be as a COLLECTIVE unit have made a MAJOR mistake. No offence to Dion, because he''s been fantastic for us, but of any player that truly deserved an official goodbye lap in front of the fans....Darren Huckerby. If i was the board etc right now, i''d be arranging a belated farewell friendly pronto, because they''ve cocked up BIG TIME. And what really baffles me is could the board really not foresee the obvious reactions that are now coming from the supporters???... BIZARRE...

I''m stunned by the handling of this, never in my wildest dreams would i think Darren would bow out like this...

You can count me in too WN. I''m getting his name and number 6 on the back of my shirt this week - childish, maybe, but he is a true City legend and I''m appalled to see him go like this!!