Sign in to follow this  
sjs

harper

Definitely Cooper. He has impressed me since he''s been here, more than Harper did. Harper is very much out of favour at pompey. Not getting a look in at all. You have to ask yourself why. Also I would question his temprement. He got sent off in a reserve game down at Portsmouth. You don''t see many red cards in reserve games!!

If I remeber correctly that was against Derby (reserves) too. He must hate them for some reason. In all the other games he played for us his temprement was fine but he turned psyco against Derby.

I think that one action means that NW wont touch him.

Have to say DD that I agree with your reasoning prefering Cooper to Harper.

I don''t remember Harper being any better than Cooper and in terms of temprament I know which one I''d choose.

Will either come do you think? Im confused with Cooper now. Is he now on a free from Wolves?

Coops has got two years left on his contract, Dirty Lyle. I suppose that Dave Jones may now consider him the sort of player who could do a good job for them in the Coca Cola Div. 1, (doesn''t that sound strange?), and may therefore decide to hang onto him. On the other hand, he wasn''t getting much of a look in there when he wasn''t injured so maybe getting something for him will suit Mr. Jones. Time will tell - but it''s already getting frustrating waiting! Anyone else feeling the same out there?

cooper still has a year left on his contract
i think he can also play across the middle,which with a small squad in the premier will be very useful

Source for this???

I agree that Cooper was superb, very steady , good temprement etc.. but I''m going to go with Harper here. Thought he had an extra edge going forward, and got stuck in more tracking back (I concede sometimes too stuck in!)but personally I think Harper would cause opposition defences more concern than Cooper, who is a great team player but we will need more of that X factor and I think Harper at 250k is a bargain.